Windows 10: Locked D drive

Discus and support Locked D drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Alright. Here's the problem ladies and gentlemen: -My computer crashed and I did a full restore. During the full restore, windows failed to load.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LeftAloneInTheDark, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Locked D drive

Alright. Here's the problem ladies and gentlemen:

-My computer crashed and I did a full restore. During the full restore, windows failed to load.

-During the process, I accidentally wiped my back up from the command prompt (which I'm doing a recovery on right now)

-After finally getting windows installed (a different version. Insider vs regular) so that I can further fix the problem, my other backup on the D drive is inaccessible due to permissions.

Steps taken:

-Tried changing permissions in properties, access denied

-Tried changing permissions from admin control prompt, access denied.

I don't know what else to do besides possibly reformatting and recovering (1tb)

I wiped the external (because I wasn't paying enough attention) from the command prompt and it won't even recognize the external by its name, just drive X.

This has been a headache and I'm no computer expert. Just trying to fix my laptop so I can recover some extremely important files and get back to school work.

submitted by /u/LeftAloneInTheDark
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LeftAloneInTheDark, Dec 12, 2019

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Dec 12, 2019
  3. little cat, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Locked D drive

Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Locked D drive

1. Locked D drive - Similar Threads - Locked drive

2. I don't even locked my drives with Bitlocker but it encrypted my drive and now what happens...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't even locked my drives with Bitlocker but it encrypted my drive and now what happens...: I just Changed a minimum bios change what I have found after that is my all the drived are locked with bitlocker. I can't even access my data. I need help. Please anyone help me. btw I have tried to access my key in mycrosoft devices but found nothing rather it shows an...
  3. I don't even locked my drives with Bitlocker but it encrypted my drive and now what happens...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't even locked my drives with Bitlocker but it encrypted my drive and now what happens...: I just Changed a minimum bios change what I have found after that is my all the drived are locked with bitlocker. I can't even access my data. I need help. Please anyone help me. btw I have tried to access my key in mycrosoft devices but found nothing rather it shows an...
  4. My email account locked,cannot sync with One Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My email account locked,cannot sync with One Drive: MS tells me my email is locked due to too many attempts to reset password and to contact my ISP. I did and nothing wrong with my email. I cannot sync my email to my One Drive and MS keeps having me fill out info but it is going in circles. Can someone help?I had a notice that...
  5. My email account locked,cannot sync with One Drive

My email account locked,cannot sync with One Drive: MS tells me my email is locked due to too many attempts to reset password and to contact my ISP. I did and nothing wrong with my email. I cannot sync my email to my One Drive and MS keeps having me fill out info but it is going in circles. Can someone help?I had a notice that...
  6. My email account locked,cannot sync with One Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. BitLocker-enabled USB flash drive keeps locking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BitLocker-enabled USB flash drive keeps locking: I have Two BitLocker-enabled USB flash drives attached to my Windows 10 Pro PC. Both require me to enter the recovery key each time I rebook to PC, which I think is normal. However, one of them locks from time to time without rebooting, requiring me to enter the recovery key...
  8. BitLocker-enabled USB flash drive keeps locking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker-enabled USB flash drive keeps locking: I have Two BitLocker-enabled USB flash drives attached to my Windows 10 Pro PC. Both require me to enter the recovery key each time I rebook to PC, which I think is normal. However, one of them locks from time to time without rebooting, requiring me to enter the recovery key...
  9. BitLocker-enabled USB flash drive keeps locking

10. BitLocker has locked a hard drive from an old PC by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker has locked a hard drive from an old PC by itself: A few other ago I managed to salvage an old hard drive from a PC Win 11 that was flood damaged. I plugged it into the new PC also 11 OS, and it worked fine for weeks. Today, when I booted the PC up, BitLocker has locked the drive without any reason.I didn't even know what...