Windows 10: locked desktop

Discus and support locked desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm using a Lenovo with windows 10 and when I let the unit sit idle weather it is the desktop or a solitaire game open the mouse cannot close the game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BillLutgens, May 9, 2020.

1. locked desktop

I'm using a Lenovo with windows 10 and when I let the unit sit idle weather it is the desktop or a solitaire game open the mouse cannot close the game or do anything. I have to do the ctl-alt del and either select task master or just hit cancel and then I can begin using the unit again. If anyone ou there can help I would greatly appreciate your input

:)

BillLutgens, May 9, 2020
  2. Caring1 Win User

Throttlestop overclocking Desktop PCs

Has anybody worked on that suggestion of putting together a list of unlocked CPU's?
    I've got an E.S. E5-2650 that appears to be locked and the BIOS on the Motherboard is locked down even tighter.
    I would like to play with it without buying a new board, CPU's can be cheaper.

Caring1, May 9, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, May 9, 2020
  4. locked desktop

No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen option as Windows Spotlight and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select Windows Spotlight from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 9, 2020
Thema:

locked desktop

1. locked desktop - Similar Threads - locked desktop

2. Saving or locking desktop icons layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving or locking desktop icons layout: Hi, Do you know,trustworthy free of charge or paid third party solution to save the desktop icons layout in Windows 10 and 11. Even locking the desktop icons layout will help me. But in the "lock solution" the layout should not be automatic, it must stay locked as I had...
  3. Saving or locking desktop icons layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving or locking desktop icons layout: Hi, Do you know,trustworthy free of charge or paid third party solution to save the desktop icons layout in Windows 10 and 11. Even locking the desktop icons layout will help me. But in the "lock solution" the layout should not be automatic, it must stay locked as I had...
  4. Saving or locking desktop icons layout

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. My desktop randomly crashed and locked, sometimes even the fan speeds up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My desktop randomly crashed and locked, sometimes even the fan speeds up.: I've been facing some annoying issues with my desktop lately. It randomly freezes, crashes, and the fan speeds up without any clear reason. I am not quite sure is it hardware or OS issue. So could you please help me? I didn't take any photos, but you can imagine the screen...
  6. My desktop randomly crashed and locked, sometimes even the fan speeds up.

My desktop randomly crashed and locked, sometimes even the fan speeds up.: I've been facing some annoying issues with my desktop lately. It randomly freezes, crashes, and the fan speeds up without any clear reason. I am not quite sure is it hardware or OS issue. So could you please help me? I didn't take any photos, but you can imagine the screen...
  7. Lock screen via Microsoft Remote Desktop shows no way to sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen via Microsoft Remote Desktop shows no way to sign in: Hi there,On one of my Windows 11 Pro machines, I am having a strange problem:I successfully connect via Microsoft Remote Desktop for macOS and the session is automatically signed in.When I'm away for a while, the machine switches to the lock screen but there are no buttons or...
  8. Lock screen via Microsoft Remote Desktop shows no way to sign in

Lock screen via Microsoft Remote Desktop shows no way to sign in: Hi there,On one of my Windows 11 Pro machines, I am having a strange problem:I successfully connect via Microsoft Remote Desktop for macOS and the session is automatically signed in.When I'm away for a while, the machine switches to the lock screen but there are no buttons or...
  9. I am locked out of my desktop computer because my PIN will not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am locked out of my desktop computer because my PIN will not work: My children attempted to crack the PIN and now I am permanently locked out of my computer. First the screen asks for the "Challenge phrase" A1B2C3. Then the screen asks for the PIN with no option of saying I forgot my PIN or log in another way. When I enter the correct PIN...
  10. I am locked out of my desktop computer because my PIN will not work

I am locked out of my desktop computer because my PIN will not work: My children attempted to crack the PIN and now I am permanently locked out of my computer. First the screen asks for the "Challenge phrase" A1B2C3. Then the screen asks for the PIN with no option of saying I forgot my PIN or log in another way. When I enter the correct PIN...