Windows 10: locked documents

Discus and support locked documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am the administrator and sole user of my laptop yet sometimes I am unable to open a document because ' it is locked for editing by another user' or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ElaineMacdonald, Jul 21, 2020.

1. locked documents

I am the administrator and sole user of my laptop yet sometimes I am unable to open a document because ' it is locked for editing by another user' or ' it is locked for editing by Elaine'.

What can I do?

:)

ElaineMacdonald, Jul 21, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Jul 21, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jul 21, 2020
  4. locked documents

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

locked documents

1. locked documents - Similar Threads - locked documents

2. Windows 10 documents locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 documents locked: Most of my documents and photos are suddenly locked with an image of a file drawer in the lower left of the desktop icon. What do I need to restore access??! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-documents-locked/4c90e0b2-0a48-4b33-ab0f-769f8e9d6b41
  3. Windows 10 documents locked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 documents locked: Most of my documents and photos are suddenly locked with an image of a file drawer in the lower left of the desktop icon. What do I need to restore access??! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-documents-locked/4c90e0b2-0a48-4b33-ab0f-769f8e9d6b41
  4. Documents suddenly locked and cannot be accessed - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Documents suddenly locked and cannot be accessed - Windows 10: Several documents in my documents folder .docx and .pdf were locked without any action or warning. I was able to access these files before they randomly became locked, even when logged in as an administrator. I have tried accessing these files from methods in forums and...
  5. Documents suddenly locked and cannot be accessed - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents suddenly locked and cannot be accessed - Windows 10: Several documents in my documents folder .docx and .pdf were locked without any action or warning. I was able to access these files before they randomly became locked, even when logged in as an administrator. I have tried accessing these files from methods in forums and...
  6. Documents suddenly locked and cannot be accessed - Windows 10

7. documents locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    documents locked: I can't change or print my documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-locked/9cbea7cd-d42b-430e-ab58-3e2ed32e7c3a
  8. documents locked

documents locked: I can't change or print my documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/documents-locked/9cbea7cd-d42b-430e-ab58-3e2ed32e7c3a
  9. I can't move my Documents to a separate location because onedrive has it locked.

I can't move my Documents to a separate location because onedrive has it locked.: Hi,After the latest update OneDrive forced itself to back up my Documents folder to OneDrive and move it from my data HDD.I try to deselect my Documents from my back up but OneDrive won't let me.I don't want anything to do with OneDrive anymore. I just want it to stop and let...
  10. I can't move my Documents to a separate location because onedrive has it locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't move my Documents to a separate location because onedrive has it locked.: Hi,After the latest update OneDrive forced itself to back up my Documents folder to OneDrive and move it from my data HDD.I try to deselect my Documents from my back up but OneDrive won't let me.I don't want anything to do with OneDrive anymore. I just want it to stop and let...