Windows 10: Locked files. Now can't see them

Discus and support Locked files. Now can't see them in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Today I tried to lock an HDD and now I'm unable to see its contents even as administrator. I right-clicked on the hdd and changed the rights from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PrimeNumber11, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Locked files. Now can't see them

Today I tried to lock an HDD and now I'm unable to see its contents even as administrator.

I right-clicked on the hdd and changed the rights from EVERYONE rejecting them all with the logic that anyone rather than me and these profiles couldn't be able to saw/edit them. (1.Administrator (pc name),2. (pc name), 3.CREATOR-OWNER). However this led to block me out too and even from the above users (who had all the rights) couldn't see the files, projecting an error saying "you're not authorized to see the folders".

Is there something I can do to fix this problem? Are the files lost and cannot be restored?

submitted by /u/PrimeNumber11
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PrimeNumber11, Jan 1, 2020
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Locked files. Now can't see them :cool:

jmcslob, Jan 1, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Jan 1, 2020
  4. Locked files. Now can't see them

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

Locked files. Now can't see them

1. Locked files. Now can't see them - Similar Threads - Locked files can't

2. why can't I see files and documents in preview pane now

in Windows 10 Customization
    why can't I see files and documents in preview pane now: I am unable to see my preview pane of a document in my folder. it worked earlier, now it does not. The view preview is on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-see-files-and-documents-in-preview-pane/af0e5712-0d7e-4353-9b77-0a402f2db7b5
  3. Can't see my files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't see my files.: I recorded a bunch of clips and cut them over to a external drive windows 10 and now in that folder I can't see the files, there are some older files but when I check the space of them 63 GB but when I check the space of the folder it says 242 GB and inside the folder it says...
  4. Can't see weather on lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't see weather on lock screen: I've set weather to the 'detailed' section in lock screen settings, but it still won't show up on the lock screen. Any advice? submitted by /u/CanadianWifi468 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/itsu3h/cant_see_weather_on_lock_screen/
  5. Can't see backup files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't see backup files: I'm running Windows 10 and using Windows Backup. It's set to back up to a Toshiba external drive. It says that it's backing up files every day. When I open the Toshiba drive I see no Windows backup files. I have it set to show hidden files. I am the administrator. I...
  6. Files becoming locked while working on them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files becoming locked while working on them: Hello, I'm a young artist, and I use Windows 10 Home on a Dell laptop. Quite often while I'm working on art, I'll try to save it, and a notification pops up on my paint program that says "The file cannot be saved because it is locked" then it states that the file has been...
  7. Hosts file - made some additions but can't now remove them

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosts file - made some additions but can't now remove them: Hi. This seems odd - I opened Notepad as Admin, navigated to the hosts file and put in some new lines. There was no problem in doing so and I don't recall having to change txt to allfiles. But now I want to undo my changes and when I try to save as allfiles, a new hosts.txt...
  8. Can't See Hidden Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't See Hidden Files: I ran into a recent problem where I can no longer see hidden folders or files. Yesterday or the day before I could but now I can't . On the drive and folder my hidden folder is in, when I go to re-select the View and then click the Hidden Item box, the menu closes without...
  9. Can't See Wife's Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't See Wife's Files: I am using my wife's notebook. I changed the login to my name. Now I see all the files, etc I have created, but none of the old files. I don't recall that account user name either. When I login, the login screen is not showing other accounts. It goes directly to mine. Note, I...
  10. Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them.

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to Recover files. I can see them but not find them.: I was looking for a forum for OneDrive but don't see one... Sorry; I'm new around here! I had a computer completely die (won't boot, Hard Drive won't spin). I have a backup from April but would like to find newer the files if I can! I had upgraded the old one to...