Windows 10: Locked files within a bitlocker protected usb

Discus and support Locked files within a bitlocker protected usb in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Unable to open some locked files on a bitlocker protected usb... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by grumpynev, Apr 5, 2021.

1. grumpynev Win User

Locked files within a bitlocker protected usb

Unable to open some locked files on a bitlocker protected usb

:)

grumpynev, Apr 5, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Protecting files on a USB stick?

Do you have a version of Windows 7 that has BitLocker?
    BitLocker is only available in the Windows 7 Ultimate and Enterprise editions.

Here are some web sited that explain it:

Quote from WindowsNetworking.com:

Another: Encrypt Removable USB Flash Drives with BitLocker @ Tweaks.com

And, Secure your USB drives with BitLocker To Go for Windows 7 @ TechRepublic

95Viper, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Locked files within a bitlocker protected usb

Bitlocker locked on startup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps:

I suggest you to try the step under the section "To unlock removable data drive" in the following article:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

For further reference, ask OP to refer to the following article:

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

I hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Locked files within a bitlocker protected usb

1. Locked files within a bitlocker protected usb - Similar Threads - Locked files within

2. Bitlocker protection key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker protection key: Hello, I had to face a problem with my account. Yesterday evening my motherboard of the syatem was placed, My laptop was asking for the BitLocker recovery codes and I was not able to access my device Which is a windows 11 laptop. I didn't know that updates cause such errors....
  3. Bitlock drive protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlock drive protection: I removed a boot drive to recover my lost emails and was prompted to enter the bitlock key. which I don’t have. I wasn’t aware there was any protection installed. Otherwise I wouldn’t have started. So after reinserting the drive back into the original laptop, the boot...
  4. Bitlock drive protection

Bitlock drive protection: I removed a boot drive to recover my lost emails and was prompted to enter the bitlock key. which I don’t have. I wasn’t aware there was any protection installed. Otherwise I wouldn’t have started. So after reinserting the drive back into the original laptop, the boot...
  5. bitlocker data protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bitlocker data protection: I encountered the bitlocker data protection message when I was trying to recover documents from my hard drive on my laptop. The Lenovo laptop kept over heating and the mother board failed. I removed the ssd drive from the laptop and using an enclosure to access the drive. I...
  6. bitlocker data protection

bitlocker data protection: I encountered the bitlocker data protection message when I was trying to recover documents from my hard drive on my laptop. The Lenovo laptop kept over heating and the mother board failed. I removed the ssd drive from the laptop and using an enclosure to access the drive. I...
  7. bitlocker data protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Unlocking files locked with BitLocker

Unlocking files locked with BitLocker: After an update to my Windows 10 Pro edition, I no longer have access to the files in the Documents folder on my C drive. I had previously encrypted these with BitLocker but now it is showing that BitLocker is turned off and logging in to my user account no longer unencrypts...
  9. Unable to unlock USB drives encrypted/locked with Bitlocker To Go

Unable to unlock USB drives encrypted/locked with Bitlocker To Go: Hey All, Recently my company provided me with a Windows 10 SOE image as part of a UAT. The image includes Symantec Endpoint Encryption which utilizes Bitlocker for encryption. I went through all of the motions with the C:\ drive to be encrypted and even printed the...
  10. Lock Icon after moving Bitlocker files.

Lock Icon after moving Bitlocker files.: [img] Hi, I had some folders and files in a drive which were locked by Bitlocker. I did a re-install of my Windows 10 to add a SSD. During this, i just opened the the bitlocker drive with password and moved those files to an external drive(I did not decrypt them before...