Windows 10: locked files

Discus and support locked files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Home Premium 32 bit. All of a sudden I have locked folders and files on my system. I am the administrator and sole user of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cathyLatham, Jan 28, 2020.

1. locked files

I'm running Windows 10 Home Premium 32 bit. All of a sudden I have locked folders and files on my system. I am the administrator and sole user of my computer. What has happened to cause this? How do I unlock folders? I have recently installed Microsoft Office 365

:)

cathyLatham, Jan 28, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Is there any software (freeware), that can "lock" a specific folder?

I would do like Aquinus suggested and compress it and lock it using 7z or winRAR. If it's files that you don't plan to change, but if you do then use Truecrypt as others have suggested.

Mindweaver, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Jacee Win User

locked files

Is there any Browser locking software to lock down browsers?

Read this about Firefox ....... How do I lock my Firefox browser?

Steps To Lock Mozilla Firefox With A Password

• Open Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools -> Add-ons.
    • An Add-ons window will appear with a search box. ...
    • At the top of all, you will see Master Password+ add-on. ...
    • After installing, it will ask you to restart the browser.
    • After restarting, you will see a lock icon in the address bar.
    Nov 24, 2018

How To Lock Mozilla Firefox And Chrome With A password ...

https://www.techuntold.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener">

Jacee, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

locked files

1. locked files - Similar Threads - locked files

2. Win10 File explorer sub menus locks up explorer after latest update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 File explorer sub menus locks up explorer after latest update: open file explorer>right click on a file>Submenu opens>explorer freezes ribbon is also never finishing parse. Anywhere to report? makes explorer essentially useless...
  3. The Recent Files section of File Explorer allows me to open files from a locked,...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Recent Files section of File Explorer allows me to open files from a locked,...: I have an USB-powered external hard drive connected to my Windows 10 computer. One of the partitions on the hard drive is Bitlocker protected, requiring a password to access. If I thereafter lock the drive or restart the computer (thereby re-locking the drive automatically),...
  4. Shared Excel-files "Locked" by another user, seemingly spontaneously.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Shared Excel-files "Locked" by another user, seemingly spontaneously.: Version: Excel 2016 Operating Systems: Windows 7 + Windows 10 File location: Normal SMB-shared network locations Hi TenForums, I have a small issue that is occurring multiple times a month. I am looking for a way to get started in troubleshooting this and hopefully solving...
  5. A windows update removed/changed my accounts, and my files (mostly photos) are locked such...

A windows update removed/changed my accounts, and my files (mostly photos) are locked such...: My account taskbar was set back to its original state, but my desktop still has some pre-update programs and local printer is present. And I can only locate my photos through the folders users/account/windows diagnostics 8.1 . The photos are there but “locked”. Any ideas to...
  6. File Locks

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File Locks: Every time I save a file in Windows 10 no matter what the application I get a "lock" on the file. I have no problem getting into the file and I do not need a password. I can make the lock go away by right clicking on the file, selecting file ownership, and selecting the...
  7. Why is mplayer.exe holding a file lock!?

Why is mplayer.exe holding a file lock!?: Why in the bloody **** is mplayer.exe holding a file lock on my flash card program that has absolutely nothing to do with media player whatsoever? [ATTACH] I was trying to delete a folder for my flash card program and explorer absolutely insisted someone was holding a...
  8. All my files are locked and they won't open in excel nor word. it says its the wrong file...

All my files are locked and they won't open in excel nor word. it says its the wrong file...: When I try to open my excel or word files it say it's an invalid extension. but these are excel and word files, all the files appear to be kidnapped by OneDrive and it won't release them to me....
  9. Locked files. Now can't see them

Locked files. Now can't see them: Today I tried to lock an HDD and now I'm unable to see its contents even as administrator. I right-clicked on the hdd and changed the rights from EVERYONE rejecting them all with the logic that anyone rather than me and these profiles couldn't be able to saw/edit them....
  10. File system error -2147219194 Again because they lock without addressing issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File system error -2147219194 Again because they lock without addressing issue: So as usual you get the same old same old when you come here. They have yet another of many bugs showing up with the operating system because they roll them out with their eyes closed. I'll hand it to them, this time they actually admitted the mistake but apparently don't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have a locked bin file