Windows 10: Locked Image - CANNOT UNLOCK DUE TO PERMISSIONS

Discus and support Locked Image - CANNOT UNLOCK DUE TO PERMISSIONS in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was organizing images on the mobile disk drive and there is one image that is "locked" - I have followed all the steps to attempt to unlock it, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MegT5, Dec 7, 2022.

1. MegT5 Win User

Locked Image - CANNOT UNLOCK DUE TO PERMISSIONS

I was organizing images on the mobile disk drive and there is one image that is "locked" - I have followed all the steps to attempt to unlock it, but the option to unlock isn't available since I'm in "read only" permission somehow. I'm the owner of the image!

:)

MegT5, Dec 7, 2022
  2. MegT5 Win User

I was organizing images on the mobile disk drive and there is one image that is "locked" - I have followed all the steps to attempt to unlock it, but the option to unlock isn't available since I'm in "read only" permission somehow. I'm the owner of the image!

Locked Image - CANNOT UNLOCK DUE TO PERMISSIONS a6d5cda8-94e9-4167-93a8-170a30711a02?upload=true.png

Locked Image - CANNOT UNLOCK DUE TO PERMISSIONS e32556aa-f3ea-4d17-93d7-1b1c83e3c39b?upload=true.png

MegT5, Dec 8, 2022
  3. Folder won't open due to permission issue

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community. I understand your concern. Let me help you.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.

• Tap or click the Security tab.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important you must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.

• Under Group or user names, tap or click your name to see the permissions that you have.

• Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us with more information and we’d be happy to help.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Dec 8, 2022
  4. Locked Image - CANNOT UNLOCK DUE TO PERMISSIONS

Unable to open documents due to permission error

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you have signed in to the Administrators account.

I suggest you to sign out from the current account, restart the computer and log in with Administrators account and

check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to refer to the steps below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then click
      Properties.
    To open a file, you have to have the Read permission. To change the permissions of a file or folder, follow these steps.

Important You must be logged on as an administrator to change permissions on files and folders.

• Press and hold or right-click the file or folder, and then tap or click
      Properties.
    • Tap or click Edit, tap or click your name, select the check boxes for the permissions that you must have, and then click
      OK.
    For the Printer issue: I suggest you to run printer troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Printer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

1. Locked Image - CANNOT UNLOCK DUE TO PERMISSIONS - Similar Threads - Locked Image CANNOT

2. Cannot unlock lock screen on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot unlock lock screen on laptop: Microsoft11Lock Screen cannot be opened … pin reset button not working.. and it’s asking for a password with hint angel and I don’t recall this information. Need to reset pin and password to open Lock Screen....
  3. Cannot unlock lock screen on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot unlock lock screen on laptop: Microsoft11Lock Screen cannot be opened … pin reset button not working.. and it’s asking for a password with hint angel and I don’t recall this information. Need to reset pin and password to open Lock Screen....
  4. Locked Image - CANNOT UNLOCK DUE TO PERMISSIONS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Locked Image - CANNOT UNLOCK DUE TO PERMISSIONS: I was organizing images on the mobile disk drive and there is one image that is "locked" - I have followed all the steps to attempt to unlock it, but the option to unlock isn't available since I'm in "read only" permission somehow. I'm the owner of the image!...
  5. Locked Image - CANNOT UNLOCK DUE TO PERMISSIONS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked Image - CANNOT UNLOCK DUE TO PERMISSIONS: I was organizing images on the mobile disk drive and there is one image that is "locked" - I have followed all the steps to attempt to unlock it, but the option to unlock isn't available since I'm in "read only" permission somehow. I'm the owner of the image!...
  6. `dnscache` cannot be started due to inappropriate permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    `dnscache` cannot be started due to inappropriate permission: Hi there!I recently invested in a paid-for VPN service on my windows 10 machine.However, when I try to start it, it says "cannot get dns server, contact support" , which is what I did.They said that the `dnscache` service might be disabled, and to re-enable it using...
  7. `dnscache` cannot be started due to inappropriate permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    `dnscache` cannot be started due to inappropriate permission: Hi there!I recently invested in a paid-for VPN service on my windows 10 machine.However, when I try to start it, it says "cannot get dns server, contact support" , which is what I did.They said that the `dnscache` service might be disabled, and to re-enable it using...
  8. `dnscache` cannot be started due to inappropriate permission

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Cannot open or copy Contacts due to permissions...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot open or copy Contacts due to permissions...: I am having an issue opening up my Contacts and copying them to my new computer. My computer crashed, but I was able to remove the SSD and connect it via USB to my new computer. I was able to copy all of my documents and images, but when trying to copy Contacts, I keep...
  10. cannot delete an appdata folder due to permission

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cannot delete an appdata folder due to permission: i have full control and permissions. when it asks me i tell it to go ahead. at the end it says i can't delete it without permission. literally have full permission on every single account. what in the fuck. under user i'm already set to administrator. submitted by...