Windows 10: "Locked" in programs Regedit, Device Manager, CCleaner Can't click away, MUST Alt+Tab

Discus and support "Locked" in programs Regedit, Device Manager, CCleaner Can't click away, MUST Alt+Tab in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm running a fresh install of Windows 10 not upgraded, installed to brand new drive. While setting up my PC, it seems there are some programs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BIuishGreenPro, Dec 30, 2019.

1. "Locked" in programs Regedit, Device Manager, CCleaner Can't click away, MUST Alt+Tab

Hello, I'm running a fresh install of Windows 10 not upgraded, installed to brand new drive. While setting up my PC, it seems there are some programs which "hog focus" in that, if they are open, I am unable to click anywhere but the active window.

I can freely move around the active window, but I cannot click a Window behind it to switch focus. Similarly, I cannot click anywhere along the Task Bar to switch to a different application. Notably; the programs in the background still react to the position of the mouse buttons will highlight, etc. but clicking does nothing.

The only solution I've found is to use Alt+Tab to get away from these programs minimizing the programs works too.

Has anyone encountered something similar? I have used Windows 10 before and haven't experienced this.

For reference, here is a list of the programs I have encountered the issue in so far:

• Regedit
    • Device Manager
    • CCleaner

:)

BIuishGreenPro, Dec 30, 2019
  2. Kleux Win User

Windows 10 random tabbing in everything and alt tab problem

Hi Donna,

Yes, it happens on all programs, may it be desktop, windows sign in screen, everywhere.

I tried the ff. but it doesn't work.

press shift five times

press shift for 8 seconds

uninstalling the laptop keyboard

I just found out that the TAB key has no function and the following keys (Right Shift, Caps Lock, BackSpace, Num Lock, T, Y, [, ], 4, 8)does its function but keeps on tabbing continuously until I press the keys that functions normally.

Alt+Backapace is functioning as Alt+Tab but it keeps on tabbing.

Kleux, Dec 30, 2019
  3. alt + tab not working

*Confused "Locked" in programs Regedit, Device Manager, CCleaner Can't click away, MUST Alt+Tab :confused: I can alt tab back even if i don't have another program to switch too.

spearman914, Dec 30, 2019
  4. jagd Win User

"Locked" in programs Regedit, Device Manager, CCleaner Can't click away, MUST Alt+Tab

Thema:

"Locked" in programs Regedit, Device Manager, CCleaner Can't click away, MUST Alt+Tab

1. "Locked" in programs Regedit, Device Manager, CCleaner Can't click away, MUST Alt+Tab - Similar Threads - Locked programs Regedit

2. Task manager not going away when I alt tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager not going away when I alt tab: HeySo whenever I alt-tab out of task manager the other app opens Because I see its highlited in the taskbar and task manager kind of greys out But task manager is still there and it doesnt disappear. This only happens in task manager other apps work fine when I alt tab....
  3. Task manager not going away when I alt tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager not going away when I alt tab: HeySo whenever I alt-tab out of task manager the other app opens Because I see its highlited in the taskbar and task manager kind of greys out But task manager is still there and it doesnt disappear. This only happens in task manager other apps work fine when I alt tab....
  4. I can't click into other window and must use alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't click into other window and must use alt+Tab: Hello, I've had a very annoying problem for about 4 weeks now. Often when I boot up the pc, my mouse is recognized and I can restart shortcuts from the desktop, but I can't click into programs and have to select the window with alt and tab. then i have to use tab all the time...
  5. I can't click into other window and must use alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't click into other window and must use alt+Tab: Hello, I've had a very annoying problem for about 4 weeks now. Often when I boot up the pc, my mouse is recognized and I can restart shortcuts from the desktop, but I can't click into programs and have to select the window with alt and tab. then i have to use tab all the time...
  6. I can't click into other window and must use alt+Tab

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Alt tab thingy won't go away

Alt tab thingy won't go away: [ATTACH] Sometimes the touch pad on my wacom tablet turns on by itself while I'm drawing and brings up this alt tab looking window that just won't go away unless I restart my computer. Is there away to restart or shut down this tab in task manager?...
  8. Alt-Tab app-chooser does not go away when I release the Alt key.. (Alt-Tab freezes)

Alt-Tab app-chooser does not go away when I release the Alt key.. (Alt-Tab freezes): Mostly I see this talked about in gaming, but I don't play games In my windows 10, if I press ALT+TAB I see the switcher dialog pane appear. Holding ALT and tabbing moves the selection rectangle to the next window, and ALT+SHIFT+TAB moves it back - so far so good but: *...
  9. Alt + Tab when a program is busy

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt + Tab when a program is busy: There's a game I play called Kerbal Space Program and it often takes a long time at loading screens. I'd like to Alt + Tab out of the game during loading but the problem is that the Alt + Tab take a long time to be registered by which time the loading is almost, if not...
  10. Alt-Tab Showing "Hidden" Programs

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab Showing "Hidden" Programs: Hi all, I recently downloaded Windows 10 Pro and Display Fusion (I prefer it) for my multi-monitor setup and now when I alt-tab I see : [img] Which are many miscellaneous applications that seemingly have no use. I'm not quite sure if it's a problem with my Windows or...