Windows 10: Locked in win10 safe mode. Not so safe after all!

Discus and support Locked in win10 safe mode. Not so safe after all! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm locked out of win 10 in safe mode. Entere safe mode to fix Kaspersky but cannot get past the safe mode login. For YEARS been using PIN for this but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kilrymont, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Kilrymont Win User

Locked in win10 safe mode. Not so safe after all!

I'm locked out of win 10 in safe mode. Entere safe mode to fix Kaspersky but cannot get past the safe mode login. For YEARS been using PIN for this but now it demands some ancient password. How bloody crazy is that? I have gone through the MS password reset business but of course as its in safe mode it's isolated for the MS servers and STILL wants my now disused password. Going through the available recovery modes always winds up with a demand for this password. It's enough to make me buy a bloody Macintosh...

:)

Kilrymont, Aug 13, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 13, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Locked in win10 safe mode. Not so safe after all!

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Locked in win10 safe mode. Not so safe after all!

1. Locked in win10 safe mode. Not so safe after all! - Similar Threads - Locked win10 safe

2. Locked out in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out in safe mode: I tried to reboot in safe mode, and now I can't get past the login screen. PIN and password don't work. Shift=> Restart =>Troubleshoot=>Advanced=>Startup=> has a list of options and another restart button. This button restarts back to the login screen. Anyone know how to get...
  3. Locked out by safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out by safe mode: Hi everyone - really hoping someone can help! I'm not massively technically proficient, so I'm hoping that someone has a solution.To cut a long story short, I had to restart my computer in safe mode. I didn't realise it, but this disabled my wifi connection and it started...
  4. Win10 starts to safe mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 starts to safe mode.: After uninstalling the trial versions of antivirus ESET IS (with FW), win10 (v20H2 b19842.804) starts to safe mode. Probably there will be some rest of the installation that prevents normal. Although MSConfig cancels this safe mode, but only using a selective startup, or...
  5. Win10 starts to safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 starts to safe mode.: Afteruninstalling the trial versions of antivirus ESET IS with FW, win10 starts tosafe mode.Probably there will besome rest of the installation that prevents normal.Although MSConfigcancels this safe mode, but only using a selective startup, or minimal safeboot. I.e.do not...
  6. Locked in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked in safe mode: Im locked out of my pc and im in safemode ive tried reseting my password but wont accept new password or any password i rememeber I’ve done the shift reset but cant access comand promt as thats locked too I’ve tried hard shut down 3 times to get in that way but aslo locked...
  7. Locked out of Safe Mode

Locked out of Safe Mode: I've been trying to enter safe mode with networking. I have correctly entered my password several times. I have tried to use a boot USB to remove the password, but the system will not recognize the USB as a drive for start up in the BIOS. Any ideas?...
  8. Locked in Safe Mode

Locked in Safe Mode: Ok im really lost.. I went into BIO for my computer to boot up in safe mode. It booted up in safe mode and was stange to me asked me for my password, so i put the 4 digits in there that i use to sign on.. Apparently it wants the original password which i have no clue what it...
  9. Locked in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Locked in Safe Mode: I went into safe mode to delete the files in "Old Windows". I don't know what I did but now I am locked in safe mode. I even used Macrium Reflect and restored my windows. That did not cure the problem. I am still locked in safe mode. Normally I would normally type "msconfig"...
  10. Locked out in safe mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked out in safe mode: I recently downloaded an app that had a Trojan attached to it. It immediately started taking over so I went to msconfig and chose to start in safe mode, to try and get rid of it. When it restarted in safe mode it asked for the password. When I set up 10 from the upgrade I...