Windows 10: Locked in win10 safe mode. Not so safe after all!

Discus and support Locked in win10 safe mode. Not so safe after all! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm locked out of win 10 in safe mode. Entere safe mode to fix Kaspersky but cannot get past the safe mode login. For YEARS been using PIN for this but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kilrymont, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Kilrymont Win User

Locked in win10 safe mode. Not so safe after all!

I'm locked out of win 10 in safe mode. Entere safe mode to fix Kaspersky but cannot get past the safe mode login. For YEARS been using PIN for this but now it demands some ancient password. How bloody crazy is that? I have gone through the MS password reset business but of course as its in safe mode it's isolated for the MS servers and STILL wants my now disused password. Going through the available recovery modes always winds up with a demand for this password. It's enough to make me buy a bloody Macintosh...

:)

Kilrymont, Aug 13, 2019

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 13, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Locked in win10 safe mode. Not so safe after all!

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

Locked in win10 safe mode. Not so safe after all!

1. Locked in win10 safe mode. Not so safe after all! - Similar Threads - Locked win10 safe

2. Trying to restart in safe mode Win10. after choosing safe mode asks for password, but none...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to restart in safe mode Win10. after choosing safe mode asks for password, but none...: Trying to restart in safe mode Win10. Went through all the steps and after choosing safe mode asks for password, but none of my passwords work. I am the administrator. What password are they asking for? The name is correct above the password window. I am signed in to my MS...
  3. Safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe mode: I have entered safe mode on my pc because I changed my proccessor cores to 4 from 1 and now my pc won't boot properly. I am trying to change the the cores through that(which I know how to do) but it is so difficult to navigate safe mode because it is so laggy, delayed and...
  4. Locked in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Locked in Safe Mode: I went into safe mode to delete the files in "Old Windows". I don't know what I did but now I am locked in safe mode. I even used Macrium Reflect and restored my windows. That did not cure the problem. I am still locked in safe mode. Normally I would normally type "msconfig"...
  5. safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    safe mode: Will resetting pc take it out of the safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode/80aefac9-7f39-4df7-b3e0-cc3d5df9f0dd
  6. windows 10 locked in safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 locked in safe mode: windows 10 would not do system restore said to try in safe mode once I switched to safe mode it asked for password it did not accept pin that i had been using nor my hotmail password is there any way to get out of safe mode without having to have system wiped clean...
  7. Locked out in safe mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked out in safe mode: I recently downloaded an app that had a Trojan attached to it. It immediately started taking over so I went to msconfig and chose to start in safe mode, to try and get rid of it. When it restarted in safe mode it asked for the password. When I set up 10 from the upgrade I...
  8. Safe mode

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Safe mode: I am trying to boot into safe mode, the system will not do so, I get a small window that says, "A problem occurred in BitDefender Threat Scanner, a file containing error information has been created at C:\windows\temp\BitDefender Threat Scanner.dmp. I locate the file but...
  9. Safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Safe mode: I started up in safe mode and my windows directory got corrupted and had to restore from a backup. Any thoughts on why? My OS is on an SSD and was wondering if it has gone bad. 107033
  10. [SOLVED] Locked out in safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    [SOLVED] Locked out in safe mode: I've read so many articles but none helped, wanted to call msft support but they are closed. Everything is fine with the computer, i was installing a program that was not responding well, so i forced a safe boot with network option, via msconfig. Pc never booted, seemed...