Windows 10: locked laptop - win 10

Discus and support locked laptop - win 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; although i enter the current password, win does not recognize it on my laptop and it's locked. how can i unlock it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YaronKenigsman, Feb 22, 2020.

1. locked laptop - win 10

although i enter the current password, win does not recognize it on my laptop and it's locked. how can i unlock it?

:)

YaronKenigsman, Feb 22, 2020

2. Win 10 lock-up problem

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance regarding the issue.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 22, 2020
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Ernie San Win User

locked laptop - win 10

Lock screen on Win 10 screwed

Hello Meat,

There are a lot of possible causes why the lock screen on your laptop stuck after updating your operating system. This may be due to corrupted system file or during the update there's a missing system file. For better assistance, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Which Windows 10 version did you install on your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you checked if your drivers are all updated?
    • Can set your laptop in safe mode?

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ernie San, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

locked laptop - win 10

1. locked laptop - win 10 - Similar Threads - locked laptop

2. My laptop has been locked because my IP address was used to access website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop has been locked because my IP address was used to access website: Hello,My laptop is locked because my IP address was used without my knowledge or consent to access identity theft. I was given Microsoft support number 1-888-586-6472 is this your support number?...
  3. My laptop has been locked because my IP address was used to access website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop has been locked because my IP address was used to access website: Hello,My laptop is locked because my IP address was used without my knowledge or consent to access identity theft. I was given Microsoft support number 1-888-586-6472 is this your support number?...
  4. Got the "Laptop Locked" message and I fear I called the #. How can I fix this???

Got the "Laptop Locked" message and I fear I called the #. How can I fix this???: I hate to say I called the number and they said over and over they were Microsoft. My computer was accessed and they "scanned" my system.. I got t=suspicious too late maybe and disconnneded from them. They called a little later but i said No,Can this be fixed?...
  5. Got the "Laptop Locked" message and I fear I called the #. How can I fix this???

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Got the "Laptop Locked" message and I fear I called the #. How can I fix this???: I hate to say I called the number and they said over and over they were Microsoft. My computer was accessed and they "scanned" my system.. I got t=suspicious too late maybe and disconnneded from them. They called a little later but i said No,Can this be fixed?...
  6. Got the "Laptop Locked" message and I fear I called the #. How can I fix this???

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Locked out of laptop, how to fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of laptop, how to fix: I got locked out of my brothers school laptop that I was trying to access for his files and practice exams. It was because I got the password wrong too many times even though I SWEAR I got it right. I had logged in the night before and used it perfectly. I tried again today...
  8. Locked out of laptop, how to fix

Locked out of laptop, how to fix: I got locked out of my brothers school laptop that I was trying to access for his files and practice exams. It was because I got the password wrong too many times even though I SWEAR I got it right. I had logged in the night before and used it perfectly. I tried again today...
  9. My gaming laptop blasts its fans, goes to 1-10fps and then hibernates/ locks regularly....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My gaming laptop blasts its fans, goes to 1-10fps and then hibernates/ locks regularly....: Occasionally, while playing games my computer blasts its fans to the maximum drops to 1-10 fps and is unplayable. A few seconds after it shuts off and says “Hibernating” and then “Locking”. This happens regularly.I use an Omen 16 Ryzen 7 Gaming Laptop and it does this every...
  10. My gaming laptop blasts its fans, goes to 1-10fps and then hibernates/ locks regularly....

My gaming laptop blasts its fans, goes to 1-10fps and then hibernates/ locks regularly....: Occasionally, while playing games my computer blasts its fans to the maximum drops to 1-10 fps and is unplayable. A few seconds after it shuts off and says “Hibernating” and then “Locking”. This happens regularly.I use an Omen 16 Ryzen 7 Gaming Laptop and it does this every...