Windows 10: Locked letters on keyboard

Discus and support Locked letters on keyboard in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i am unable to log in to my computer as the letters on the keyboard are locked. The figure keys are ok. I am using Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidPatterson131, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Locked letters on keyboard

i am unable to log in to my computer as the letters on the keyboard are locked. The figure keys are ok. I am using Windows 10

:)

DavidPatterson131, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Romel Ram Win User

Keyboard letters missing

Hi John,

It is possible that the issue is due to recent changes on your computer. To properly troubleshoot the keyboard issue, kindly answer the queries below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Any recent changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?
    • What are the letters affected by the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Locked letters on keyboard

Keyboard letters problem

Here are the first two steps you need to take:

• Try a different keyboard (or an external USB keyboard in case of a laptop)
    • See if the problem persists with the on-screen keyboard (osk.exe)

Frederik Long, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Locked letters on keyboard

1. Locked letters on keyboard - Similar Threads - Locked letters keyboard

2. Keyboard not typing certain letters and shift lock going crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard not typing certain letters and shift lock going crazy: I dont know what happened, but all of a sudden I noticed that my Z key on my asus laptop would not work unless another key was being pressed down. Then I noticed it was the same for the R, I and U keys as well as the right arrow key. Then when I pressed shift lock on accident...
  3. Keyboard not typing certain letters and shift lock going crazy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not typing certain letters and shift lock going crazy: I dont know what happened, but all of a sudden I noticed that my Z key on my asus laptop would not work unless another key was being pressed down. Then I noticed it was the same for the R, I and U keys as well as the right arrow key. Then when I pressed shift lock on accident...
  4. Keyboard not typing certain letters and shift lock going crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Keyboard letters not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard letters not working: I cant log in to my laptop because the letter keys arent working and my password has letters in it. This has happened before and I needed a 24 number bit locker code. I have this but I cannot get in because I cant submit my initial log in password as it has letters in it...
  6. Keyboard letters not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard letters not working: I cant log in to my laptop because the letter keys arent working and my password has letters in it. This has happened before and I needed a 24 number bit locker code. I have this but I cannot get in because I cant submit my initial log in password as it has letters in it...
  7. Windows 10 Keyboard locked letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Keyboard locked letters: I have being searching forever and I can't find the answer in any forum.I have a very odd problem: Sometimes the keyboard does not allow to type any letter. The strange thing is that I can still use all the shortcuts, like alt+tab, ctrl+c, ctrl+v, etc. But does not allow me...
  8. Keyboard Letter Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Letter Not Working: Hi We have a Lenovo PC with Windows 10 20H2 At the login screen c, h, l, o, p, u, v and return key are not working. If the letter p is pressed this invokes the Projector SideBar its as if the Windows Key is being pressed The issue occurs with any keyboard and onscreen...
  9. Mouse locks up and keyboard randomly starts typing letters.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse locks up and keyboard randomly starts typing letters.: I've been having this issue where I'd type in a letter on the keyboard and it'd start typing randomly and with that the mouse pad doesn't work. I do not believe this is an issue with the hardware, it was working just fine and Windows doesn't detect any issues at all with the...
  10. Keyboard Missing Letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Missing Letters: Hello My keyboard is missing random letters i have now changed keyboard but it is still happening can you advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-missing-letters/22a11d30-1e07-45ed-92c8-fca6eddb0414