Windows 10: Locked my computer remotely and now can't access my computer

Discus and support Locked my computer remotely and now can't access my computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I locked my computer remotely with the Find My Device tab. I now can't log into my computer. When I enter my pin it tells me "An administrator has... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by CHRISTOPHER MBOYCE, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Locked my computer remotely and now can't access my computer

I locked my computer remotely with the Find My Device tab. I now can't log into my computer. When I enter my pin it tells me "An administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in, make sure your device is connected to the Internet, and have your administrator sign in first."I have signed in multiple times to my account via another computer. I have gone to the Find My Device page and it only offers to lock. I then removed the device from my account to see if that would automatically unlock it. No dice. Now I feel I made a huge mistake removing my computer from my account. Is there a

:)

CHRISTOPHER MBOYCE, Aug 26, 2021
  2. RuskinF Win User

Remote Access

1. Follow these steps to disallow remote access to your PC completely:
    2. 1. Type “remote settings” into the Cortana search box. Select “Allow remote access to your computer”. This may seem counter-intuitive, but this opens the Control panel
      dialog for Remote System Properties.
    3. 2. Check “Don't Allow Remote Connections” to this Computer. You've now disabled remote access to your computer.

Try these two steps and tell us if your issue gets solved. If it does not then your PC may be infected. Use a Good antivirus to remove the infection from your device completely.

RuskinF, Aug 26, 2021
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Aug 26, 2021
  4. Locked my computer remotely and now can't access my computer

How to get remote access?

I wanted to know as how to remote access to windows computer from linux computer.....

kevin_white77, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

Locked my computer remotely and now can't access my computer

1. Locked my computer remotely and now can't access my computer - Similar Threads - Locked computer remotely

2. I was hacked and now my computer is locked

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I was hacked and now my computer is locked: So my Microsoft account was hacked along with my Skype account. I had to make a new account to post here. There is no way to talk to help at Microsoft and the third party tech help said they could not do anything. the recovery email is a fake Chinese based company apparently...
  3. Remotely accessing one of my other computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remotely accessing one of my other computer: Is there a way I can remotely open a computer that has my microsoft account as the administrative account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remotely-accessing-one-of-my-other-computer/60e12cfc-cb51-4765-a84b-66237aad8e3b
  4. I allowed a scammer remote access to my computer....what now?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I allowed a scammer remote access to my computer....what now?: How do i fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-allowed-a-scammer-remote-access-to-my/639b38bc-2a9f-4d5d-925f-2574b8aa1405
  5. remot access screwed up my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    remot access screwed up my computer: I wanted to stop windows updates on my hp laptop with windows 10 on it. I went to a live chat box that i thought was from windows and hp because i git there via a chat box from the control panel. He got remote access to the computer to try to turn off the windows updates,...
  6. Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer: My dad was using my computer when he clicked a link, which caused a red screen to pop up with a phone number to call Microsoft, threatening saying your computer has been infected by a virus, etc. Typical scam. Well my dad actually did call and gave them remote access to...
  7. My computer is locking up now

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer is locking up now: I installed a PCI usb3.0 card yesterday and today the computer is constantly locking up cant do anything except power down and restart, also my computer updated win 10 to the newest build 2 day's ago 14291 rs1 160314 2254. Im not sure which is causing the issue I might have...
  8. Can't access my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access my computer: New computer, set up networking to all the other computers (4) on my network, now trying to map some locations on my computer, click on the computer name and nothing happens, it doesn't expand. Network discovery is turned on as well as file and print sharing. This computer...
  9. 1709 broke my networking now my computers can't be accessed

1709 broke my networking now my computers can't be accessed: I have 3 computers. On 1703 all computers talk to each other via shared folders without passwords on my private network. 1=desktop=1709=wired, 2=laptop=wireless=1709, 3=laptop=wireless=1703, All units can access my NAS b4 and after the update. I updated 2 from 1703 to 1709...
  10. How to allow remote access to my computer

How to allow remote access to my computer: I tried to allow remote access to my computer but when I opened the remoe tab on the advnced setup only the upper part shown. see the photo. no radio button to choose is shown. How to solve that? 93868