Windows 10: Locked myself out of C:?

Discus and support Locked myself out of C:? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So basically when i was trying to get rid of a virus i deleted everyone's permission to my hard drive so it doesn't get hacked. There's only... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Zaakie, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Zaakie Win User

Locked myself out of C:?

So basically when i was trying to get rid of a virus i deleted everyone's permission to my hard drive so it doesn't get hacked.
    There's only "administrator/my desktop name" and it says "C:/ is not available, access denied" when i try to open it.

:)

Zaakie, Apr 21, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Surface Pro 3 Looking for lock screen photo location

Hi Dennis,

To find the location of Windows wallpaper images, we suggest following these steps:

• Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\Web.
    • You'll find separate folders labeled Wallpaper and Screen.
    • Screen folder contains images for Windows 10 lock screen.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Jacee Win User

Is there any Browser locking software to lock down browsers?

Read this about Firefox ....... How do I lock my Firefox browser?

Steps To Lock Mozilla Firefox With A Password

• Open Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools -> Add-ons.
    • An Add-ons window will appear with a search box. ...
    • At the top of all, you will see Master Password+ add-on. ...
    • After installing, it will ask you to restart the browser.
    • After restarting, you will see a lock icon in the address bar.
    Nov 24, 2018

How To Lock Mozilla Firefox And Chrome With A password ...

https://www.techuntold.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener ugc">

Jacee, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Locked myself out of C:? - Similar Threads - Locked myself

2. I managed to get myself Locke four of my computer after putting it in diagnostic mode, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I managed to get myself Locke four of my computer after putting it in diagnostic mode, and...: I’ve tried some of the online advice, and scrolled through the other threads with people having similar issues, but I couldn’t get anything to work.Do you have any advice on how to get Windows 11 out of diagnostic mode?The reason I can’t sign in is because it can’t retrieve...
  3. I managed to get myself Locke four of my computer after putting it in diagnostic mode, and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I managed to get myself Locke four of my computer after putting it in diagnostic mode, and...: I’ve tried some of the online advice, and scrolled through the other threads with people having similar issues, but I couldn’t get anything to work.Do you have any advice on how to get Windows 11 out of diagnostic mode?The reason I can’t sign in is because it can’t retrieve...
  4. Help! I’ve accident locked myself out of my Lenovo laptop using the Find My Device option...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! I’ve accident locked myself out of my Lenovo laptop using the Find My Device option...: It says “this device is locked by an administrator. Have any of the administrators sign in to unlock it.” How do I do this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-ive-accident-locked-myself-out-of-my-lenovo/805cdad9-c327-4ca0-b017-faa8b9071ab9
  5. Help! I’ve accident locked myself out of my Lenovo laptop using the Find My Device option...

Help! I’ve accident locked myself out of my Lenovo laptop using the Find My Device option...: It says “this device is locked by an administrator. Have any of the administrators sign in to unlock it.” How do I do this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-ive-accident-locked-myself-out-of-my-lenovo/805cdad9-c327-4ca0-b017-faa8b9071ab9
  6. Help! I’ve accident locked myself out of my Lenovo laptop using the Find My Device option...

Help! I’ve accident locked myself out of my Lenovo laptop using the Find My Device option...: It says “this device is locked by an administrator. Have any of the administrators sign in to unlock it.” How do I do this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-ive-accident-locked-myself-out-of-my-lenovo/e3a20866-de85-4ae6-8106-33f8ca26a102
  7. Help! I’ve accident locked myself out of my Lenovo laptop using the Find My Device option...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! I’ve accident locked myself out of my Lenovo laptop using the Find My Device option...: It says “this device is locked by an administrator. Have any of the administrators sign in to unlock it.” How do I do this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-ive-accident-locked-myself-out-of-my-lenovo/e3a20866-de85-4ae6-8106-33f8ca26a102
  8. I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop: I recently got a message on my phone that my microsoft account may be conpromised and when i logged into the website I saw 2 devices logged in.I didn't recgonise one of them so I locked it out and removed it.I actually forgot that my laptop is logged into the same account as...
  9. I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop: I recently got a message on my phone that my microsoft account may be conpromised and when i logged into the website I saw 2 devices logged in.I didn't recgonise one of them so I locked it out and removed it.I actually forgot that my laptop is logged into the same account as...
  10. I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop