Windows 10: Locked myself out of C:?

Discus and support Locked myself out of C:? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So basically when i was trying to get rid of a virus i deleted everyone's permission to my hard drive so it doesn't get hacked. There's only... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Zaakie, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Zaakie Win User

Locked myself out of C:?

So basically when i was trying to get rid of a virus i deleted everyone's permission to my hard drive so it doesn't get hacked.
    There's only "administrator/my desktop name" and it says "C:/ is not available, access denied" when i try to open it.

:)

Zaakie, Apr 21, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Windows 10 Surface Pro 3 Looking for lock screen photo location

Hi Dennis,

To find the location of Windows wallpaper images, we suggest following these steps:

• Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\Web.
    • You'll find separate folders labeled Wallpaper and Screen.
    • Screen folder contains images for Windows 10 lock screen.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Jacee Win User

Is there any Browser locking software to lock down browsers?

Read this about Firefox ....... How do I lock my Firefox browser?

Steps To Lock Mozilla Firefox With A Password

• Open Mozilla Firefox, click on Tools -> Add-ons.
    • An Add-ons window will appear with a search box. ...
    • At the top of all, you will see Master Password+ add-on. ...
    • After installing, it will ask you to restart the browser.
    • After restarting, you will see a lock icon in the address bar.
    Nov 24, 2018

How To Lock Mozilla Firefox And Chrome With A password ...

https://www.techuntold.com" target="_blank" rel="noopener ugc">

Jacee, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Locked myself out of C:? - Similar Threads - Locked myself

2. Accidentally locked myself out of my laptop help?! Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accidentally locked myself out of my laptop help?! Windows 10: I locked it by accident from my micrsoft account using the internet on my phone. My laptop is now saying “this device is locked by an administrator. Have an administrator to sign in” when i try to put in my pin its saying the same thing. Is there away to unlock it from my...
  3. Accidentally Locked Myself Out Of Administrator.

Accidentally Locked Myself Out Of Administrator.: I know, this was quite dumb of me. I didn't know what was going to happen, so here goes. Yesterday, I tried to fix something in my administrator settings, and my only account is just a guest user. I've tried all I could, using the regedit and the SAM file stuff, and I tried...
  4. locked myself out of my microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    locked myself out of my microsoft account: Hi, I tried logging into our Microsoft account this morning and my login wanted me to verify my information. I was supposed to get a code to my work email address but I didn't get an email. So I tried to verify by getting a code to my cell phone. I got a code but when I tried...
  5. I locked myself out of my own folder

in Windows 10 Support
    I locked myself out of my own folder: I was experimenting with security options on a single file to try and take permission from anyone to delete/modify it. Settings i was playing with are located in (Right Click)>Properties>Security>Advanced. I clicked "Disable inheritance", and proceeded to change "Access"-es...
  6. I locked myself out of my D drive with Windows 10/

I locked myself out of my D drive with Windows 10/: I was trying to create a guest account and remove their access from the D drive but I blocked myself too, now it just says D:/ is not accessible Access denied. I've logged in as admin and it still says no access, I've tried through command centre and entered :net user...
  7. How do I get into my Hotmail account after locking myself out?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How do I get into my Hotmail account after locking myself out?: I need help getting into my Hotmail account. Is there a telephone number or link to a Microsoft staffer or contractor who will help me? I seem to be in a loop of unhelpful blather. Help me please! My phone: 1-510-701-1555 John Maloney...
  8. I've locked myself out of my secondary harddrive and Google is not helping me here (info in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've locked myself out of my secondary harddrive and Google is not helping me here (info in...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EXSSIV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fafupo/ive_locked_myself_out_of_my_secondary_harddrive/
  9. i LOCKED MYSELF OUT OF COMPUTER. Links dont work on sign in page either. Can I recover my...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i LOCKED MYSELF OUT OF COMPUTER. Links dont work on sign in page either. Can I recover my...: Links dont work on sign in page either. Can I recover my password for that computer from this computer? or any other suggestion would be very welcome...
  10. Locked myself out remote windows server 2012 with NordVPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Locked myself out remote windows server 2012 with NordVPN: Hello, Is there any way to like remote reboot the sucker, so i can get on it again. Lesson learn don't use VPN on a remote server *Biggrin I can't get to the version number *cry 146015