Windows 10: Locked myself out of my C: through denying all sharing settings to "Everyone"

Discus and support Locked myself out of my C: through denying all sharing settings to "Everyone" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, yesterday I was trying to make it so I could access my second pc from my main pc, and in doing so somehow ended up making an "Everyone"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zorvoan, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Zorvoan Win User

Locked myself out of my C: through denying all sharing settings to "Everyone"

Hello, yesterday I was trying to make it so I could access my second pc from my main pc, and in doing so somehow ended up making an "Everyone" permission and setting all the permissions to deny, and saving.

Doing so has made my C: inaccessible, except for my desktop (off my CLocked myself out of my C: through denying all sharing settings to "Everyone" :) and most of the files in my C:, I cannot go into Advanced Sharing at all, nor can I change owner/Read permissions in Advanced security settings.

I also cannot use certain programs such as Task Manager.

Thanks

:)

Zorvoan, Dec 2, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Ferdz Amp, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Locked myself out of my C: through denying all sharing settings to "Everyone" - Similar Threads - Locked myself through

2. Locked myself out of my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked myself out of my desktop: Recently I wondered what would happen if I locked my desktop remotely via account.microsoft.com/devices/find-my-device, as seen in screenshot 1. This was partly because it according to microsoft was located in a town 20 km from where it was actually located. Ironically...
  3. Locked myself out of my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked myself out of my desktop: Recently I wondered what would happen if I locked my desktop remotely via account.microsoft.com/devices/find-my-device, as seen in screenshot 1. This was partly because it according to microsoft was located in a town 20 km from where it was actually located. Ironically...
  4. Locked myself out of my computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked myself out of my computer.: I thought someone had access to my Microsoft acct and blocked their computer.. Unfortunately it was my computer. Now I can't get back in. It ask for a pin but tells me an administrator has restricted sign in. I can not sign in at all. I won't even start in safe mode. I need...
  5. Locked myself out of my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked myself out of my computer.: I thought someone had access to my Microsoft acct and blocked their computer.. Unfortunately it was my computer. Now I can't get back in. It ask for a pin but tells me an administrator has restricted sign in. I can not sign in at all. I won't even start in safe mode. I need...
  6. Locked myself out of my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Locked myself out of C:?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked myself out of C:?: So basically when i was trying to get rid of a virus i deleted everyone's permission to my hard drive so it doesn't get hacked. There's only "administrator/my desktop name" and it says "C:/ is not available, access denied" when i try to open it. 178050
  8. Locked myself out of my C: w/ permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked myself out of my C: w/ permissions: Okay so... I was talking to a Microsoft service person via direct message last night. They had me change the permissions on my C Drive, so I can fix the "all my new folders are stuck on "Read Only" issue. BUT something went wrong.... And now I don't have permission to...
  9. I locked myself out of all my files with Windows 10 Security Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I locked myself out of all my files with Windows 10 Security Settings: I am a Mac user but also have a Windows game pc that I rarely use. I was trying to create an extra account so others can use this pc. To protect my files I expected that a standard user wouldnt be able to access the files of an administrator. This was not the case. I then...
  10. locking myself out of time settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    locking myself out of time settings: Background: Hi I'm using an app called cold turkey to block problematic distractions while I'm working but it doesn't work that well since it doesn't block myself from changing the time settings (i.e. I can circumvent a block by making it 'next year now'). The guy who wrote...