Windows 10: Locked myself out of my C: through denying all sharing settings to "Everyone"

Discus and support Locked myself out of my C: through denying all sharing settings to "Everyone" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, yesterday I was trying to make it so I could access my second pc from my main pc, and in doing so somehow ended up making an "Everyone"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zorvoan, Dec 2, 2019 at 10:22 PM.

1. Zorvoan Win User

Locked myself out of my C: through denying all sharing settings to "Everyone"

Hello, yesterday I was trying to make it so I could access my second pc from my main pc, and in doing so somehow ended up making an "Everyone" permission and setting all the permissions to deny, and saving.

Doing so has made my C: inaccessible, except for my desktop (off my CLocked myself out of my C: through denying all sharing settings to "Everyone" :) and most of the files in my C:, I cannot go into Advanced Sharing at all, nor can I change owner/Read permissions in Advanced security settings.

I also cannot use certain programs such as Task Manager.

Thanks

:)

2. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

• Are you connected to Domain network?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R, type fsmgmt.msc.
    • Select Shares and right click on C$.
    • Select Stop Sharing.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Sharing folders over network - access denied

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern with sharing files over the network using your Windows 10 device, we suggest that you run the Shared folders troubleshooter and check if it helps. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type in Troubleshooting in the search box and press
      Enter.
    • Click View all.
    • Click Shared Folders.
    • Click Next and follow on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Thema:

1. Locked myself out of my C: through denying all sharing settings to "Everyone" - Similar Threads - Locked myself through

2. Locked myself out of my C: w/ permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked myself out of my C: w/ permissions: Okay so... I was talking to a Microsoft service person via direct message last night. They had me change the permissions on my C Drive, so I can fix the "all my new folders are stuck on "Read Only" issue. BUT something went wrong.... And now I don't have permission to...
  3. Getting out through my firewall?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting out through my firewall?: I am on a home network and receive wifi internet. I have a 2.4ghz-5ghz ip cam that has a hard time conncting 5ghz. I want to hook an old Linksys Wireless G broadband 2.4ghz router (mod. WRT54GS) to my computer to send the signal to my camera but I don't think it is getting...
  4. I locked myself out of all my files with Windows 10 Security Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I locked myself out of all my files with Windows 10 Security Settings: I am a Mac user but also have a Windows game pc that I rarely use. I was trying to create an extra account so others can use this pc. To protect my files I expected that a standard user wouldnt be able to access the files of an administrator. This was not the case. I then...
  5. Windows update wiped out all of my settings.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows update wiped out all of my settings.: I've seen a few posts here about the same thing happening to others. Windows did an automatic update even after I have turned them off and it basically restored back to factory settings. The first time it happened on Saturday February 23 2019 between 9-11 PM and I had to...
  6. locking myself out of time settings

locking myself out of time settings: Background: Hi I'm using an app called cold turkey to block problematic distractions while I'm working but it doesn't work that well since it doesn't block myself from changing the time settings (i.e. I can circumvent a block by making it 'next year now'). The guy who wrote...
  7. Rotation Lock Greyed Out In Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rotation Lock Greyed Out In Settings: I have seen this question more times than I think users of technology should have to ask, but once again I am asking, how can I fix this rotation lock grey out issue so that I may be able to do rotations no matter what mode I am using my Dell Inspirion 13 5000 series in?...
  8. Accidentally deny all my full control in my Local Disk C:

Accidentally deny all my full control in my Local Disk C:: Please help me . I Can't access my Local Disk C. Even in Control Panel or Cmd(Administrator) ... Its looks like my full administration control in my Local Disk C has gone . How can i make it back this ? I try to Reset this Laptop in Settings but also have an error . Please...
  9. Setting "Everyone" in File Sharing to Work with Specific Users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setting "Everyone" in File Sharing to Work with Specific Users: Hi All, I have been attempting to understand file sharing where you specify permissions for specific users, but I get conflicting advice from the Win 10 forums and very recent 2016 and 2017 articles. I searched your forums and tutorials and have not found an answer either....
  10. Accidentally locked myself out of an entire hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Accidentally locked myself out of an entire hard drive?: My friend was gonna borrow my computer for a bit so I tried to make a guest account. Seeing as Windows 10 removed that feature for whatever reason, I made a new blank user account. I tested it out and noticed I still had access to all the files on my storage drive, which is...