Windows 10: Locked myself out of my computer.

Discus and support Locked myself out of my computer. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I thought someone had access to my Microsoft acct and blocked their computer.. Unfortunately it was my computer. Now I can't get back in. It ask for a... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by RosaPerez7, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Locked myself out of my computer.

I thought someone had access to my Microsoft acct and blocked their computer.. Unfortunately it was my computer. Now I can't get back in. It ask for a pin but tells me an administrator has restricted sign in. I can not sign in at all. I won't even start in safe mode. I need to get into my computer and link it back up into my account. Can anyone help me. Again it will not start in safe mode.

:)

RosaPerez7, Apr 21, 2022

2. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Apr 21, 2022
  3. Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 21, 2022
  4. Locked myself out of my computer.

Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 21, 2022
Thema:

Locked myself out of my computer.

1. Locked myself out of my computer. - Similar Threads - Locked myself computer

2. Locked myself out of my desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked myself out of my desktop: Recently I wondered what would happen if I locked my desktop remotely via account.microsoft.com/devices/find-my-device, as seen in screenshot 1. This was partly because it according to microsoft was located in a town 20 km from where it was actually located. Ironically...
  3. Locked myself out of my desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked myself out of my desktop: Recently I wondered what would happen if I locked my desktop remotely via account.microsoft.com/devices/find-my-device, as seen in screenshot 1. This was partly because it according to microsoft was located in a town 20 km from where it was actually located. Ironically...
  4. Locked myself out of my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked myself out of my computer.: I thought someone had access to my Microsoft acct and blocked their computer.. Unfortunately it was my computer. Now I can't get back in. It ask for a pin but tells me an administrator has restricted sign in. I can not sign in at all. I won't even start in safe mode. I need...
  5. Locked myself out of my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked myself out of my computer.: I thought someone had access to my Microsoft acct and blocked their computer.. Unfortunately it was my computer. Now I can't get back in. It ask for a pin but tells me an administrator has restricted sign in. I can not sign in at all. I won't even start in safe mode. I need...
  6. Locked myself out of C:?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked myself out of C:?: So basically when i was trying to get rid of a virus i deleted everyone's permission to my hard drive so it doesn't get hacked. There's only "administrator/my desktop name" and it says "C:/ is not available, access denied" when i try to open it. 178050
  7. Accidentally Locked Myself Out Of Administrator.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accidentally Locked Myself Out Of Administrator.: I know, this was quite dumb of me. I didn't know what was going to happen, so here goes. Yesterday, I tried to fix something in my administrator settings, and my only account is just a guest user. I've tried all I could, using the regedit and the SAM file stuff, and I tried...
  8. locked myself out of my microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    locked myself out of my microsoft account: Hi, I tried logging into our Microsoft account this morning and my login wanted me to verify my information. I was supposed to get a code to my work email address but I didn't get an email. So I tried to verify by getting a code to my cell phone. I got a code but when I tried...
  9. I locked myself out of my own folder

in Windows 10 Support
    I locked myself out of my own folder: I was experimenting with security options on a single file to try and take permission from anyone to delete/modify it. Settings i was playing with are located in (Right Click)>Properties>Security>Advanced. I clicked "Disable inheritance", and proceeded to change "Access"-es...
  10. locking myself out of time settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    locking myself out of time settings: Background: Hi I'm using an app called cold turkey to block problematic distractions while I'm working but it doesn't work that well since it doesn't block myself from changing the time settings (i.e. I can circumvent a block by making it 'next year now'). The guy who wrote...