Windows 10: locked on blue screen with windows logo

Discus and support locked on blue screen with windows logo in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; At first start up, shows blue screen windows logo, acts like its processing to open up but then does nothing, stays that screen until you do a hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ShellyAO, Jul 20, 2020.

1. ShellyAO Win User

locked on blue screen with windows logo

At first start up, shows blue screen windows logo, acts like its processing to open up but then does nothing, stays that screen until you do a hard shutdown. Once off you have to hit the power button again, which will show the blue screen and its windows logo/icon in the middle of screen while its processing but this time it will continue and open up so you can now use your computer. This is the process of my computers start up every time it has been shut off or even put to sleep. I have been successful at troubleshooting most of my computer issues but this one I cannot. Its been like this for a good year so I've just been living with it. I don't get on my PC everyday but I am concerned I may be causing it damage since after initial start up, I have to hold the power button down for several seconds to get it to shutdown, then push it again to start up, to resume its normal functioning.

It has had all of its normal updates so what should I try next?

:)

ShellyAO, Jul 20, 2020

2. Installation Hangs at Blue Windows Logo, Error Code C1900101-20017

The BIOS update suggestion posted above by @Jegler helped me, @guhanath. I was on version 1.10 and updated to 1.90. The steps I took after that were just doing the official Windows 10 upgrade procedure.

Then the Windows 10 installation went without a hitch, and I'm no longer on Windows 7. I'm going to consider this solved, thank you @Jelger for the suggestion to update the BIOS!

KingDecimator, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Roan T Win User
    Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Jul 20, 2020
  4. locked on blue screen with windows logo

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

locked on blue screen with windows logo

1. locked on blue screen with windows logo - Similar Threads - locked blue screen

2. Blue Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Lock Screen: Today, I have been getting a blue screen instead of the Windows Spotlight image. I have restarted my PC several times and the problem persists. Nothing else is wrong and the computer is functioning just fine. I just want to know if this is just a minor glitch or is it...
  3. Blue Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Lock Screen: Today, I have been getting a blue screen instead of the Windows Spotlight image. I have restarted my PC several times and the problem persists. Nothing else is wrong and the computer is functioning just fine. I just want to know if this is just a minor glitch or is it...
  4. Blue Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar with windows 10 logo is visible in windows lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar with windows 10 logo is visible in windows lock screen: Hello everyone,I noticed that after I go to the lock screen, I am able to see Windows 10 logo and taskbar in the fade. I changed the taskbar to now left position instead of the bottom but still in the lock screen, it shows the windows 10 logo with the taskbar. My system is up...
  6. Taskbar with windows 10 logo is visible in windows lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar with windows 10 logo is visible in windows lock screen: Hello everyone,I noticed that after I go to the lock screen, I am able to see Windows 10 logo and taskbar in the fade. I changed the taskbar to now left position instead of the bottom but still in the lock screen, it shows the windows 10 logo with the taskbar. My system is up...
  7. Taskbar with windows 10 logo is visible in windows lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Why is the windows logo blue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why is the windows logo blue: Why is the windows logo blue why is it not in the classic red green blue and yellow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-windows-logo-blue/62856e72-4683-4c34-aaa6-4423e83852ec
  9. Blue windows logo with Black Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue windows logo with Black Screen: I get a Blue windows logo with Black Screen right after I turn on my pc. Sometimes the dots on the screen will freeze and Ill have to restart. After two reboots then my pc will go into windows. This boot takes way too long to boot please let me know how to fix this....
  10. Locking Screen and Computer Windows blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locking Screen and Computer Windows blue screen: Hello. I'm looking for feedback on an issue with my laptop. This is my first laptop so I really have no idea on bluescreen and computer hangs and am panicking right now! So I bought a used Asus laptop which still has official warranty and I checked the hardware to the Asus...