Windows 10: Locked on safe mode login screen

Discus and support Locked on safe mode login screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I enabled safe mode in my windows 10 home via system settings boot options. After restarting my PC, safe mode started and gave me an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kamran..1, Feb 17, 2021.

1. kamran..1 Win User

Locked on safe mode login screen

Hi,

I enabled safe mode in my windows 10 home via system settings boot options. After restarting my PC, safe mode started and gave me an error "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to setup your PIN again". Apart from this there is only one option to restart or shutdown.

I tried to reset the PIN but nothing happened, instead it opened a dialog box "Search for app in store?" I clicked Yes and its back on the login screen with same PIN error.

Now I tried to do a system repair but it is not accepting my password I guess network is disconnected due to safe mode.

I also tried using my windows DVD and a bootable USB to restore, repair but nothing works. Even it does not allow me to reinstall windows repair mode.

Seems like a blackhole in windows or a failure point that no one sorted out in programming team. If you are locked out in safe mode without PIN, how to go back?

Tried to look for some answers on the internet but got nothing.

Really need help.

:)

kamran..1, Feb 17, 2021

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 17, 2021
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Locked on safe mode login screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Feb 17, 2021
  4. rmanasa Win User

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Locked on safe mode login screen - Similar Threads - Locked safe mode

2. Stuck in Safe Mode Login Screen with no options

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in Safe Mode Login Screen with no options: Hi, Please can you help. I am completely locked out of my PC. I wanted to turn fast boot on my bios so I selected to put the Windows 10 into Safe Mode after changing the Bios settings. Now I am stuck on Safe Mode login screen as I do not know my password. From the...
  3. Locked in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked in safe mode: Im locked out of my pc and im in safemode ive tried reseting my password but wont accept new password or any password i rememeber I’ve done the shift reset but cant access comand promt as thats locked too I’ve tried hard shut down 3 times to get in that way but aslo locked...
  4. Stuck on Login screen in Safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on Login screen in Safe mode: Long story short I am where I would put my password to login on safe mode but every password I've tried won't let me login and I don't know what to do. Please help submitted by /u/TOOCH447 [link] [comments]...
  5. IMPLEMENT A WAY TO EXIT SAFE-MODE IN THE LOGIN SCREEN FOR SAFE-MODE

IMPLEMENT A WAY TO EXIT SAFE-MODE IN THE LOGIN SCREEN FOR SAFE-MODE: I am currently stuck in safe-mode with a network bug not allowing airplane mode to be turned off. I noticed a lot of other people having the same issue where they couldn't get past the login screen no matter what they did. I just got off windows support telling me I'd have to...
  6. Stuck on lock screen in safe mode

Stuck on lock screen in safe mode: Hello, I'm Maricruz Covarrubias and I can't get out the lock screen in safe mode with my password. I tried that method where you hold the shift key and clicked on restart in power button menu and go to the troubleshooting section and clicked restart again where it gives you...
  7. Locked Out In Login Page in Safe mode and it asks for Password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked Out In Login Page in Safe mode and it asks for Password.: Hello, I am facing some issue on login page in Windows 10 safe mode,as it asks for a password. I am not able to open Command Prompt ,Reset to Everything,etc. as these too are password Protected . I need help with this. I am stucked in Safe Mode without network . Thank You...
  8. Locked in Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked in Safe Mode: Ok im really lost.. I went into BIO for my computer to boot up in safe mode. It booted up in safe mode and was stange to me asked me for my password, so i put the 4 digits in there that i use to sign on.. Apparently it wants the original password which i have no clue what it...
  9. No login screen, safe mode or recovery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No login screen, safe mode or recovery: on 11-26-2019 my T480 won't show the login screen. I normally would use the fingerprint reader to log in but it isn't registering at all. When I click on the login screen, that shows the time, it transitions to the log in page by dimming the screen and showing the Internet,...
  10. Locked in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Locked in Safe Mode: I went into safe mode to delete the files in "Old Windows". I don't know what I did but now I am locked in safe mode. I even used Macrium Reflect and restored my windows. That did not cure the problem. I am still locked in safe mode. Normally I would normally type "msconfig"...