Windows 10: Locked on screen to verify identity but it's saying session has timed out and won't move on

Discus and support Locked on screen to verify identity but it's saying session has timed out and won't move on in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm trying to help my mum remotely. It's not a new computer. After windows updates, she has accidentally entered the wrong password too many times... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by csho_0803, Apr 2, 2020.

1. csho_0803 Win User

Locked on screen to verify identity but it's saying session has timed out and won't move on

I'm trying to help my mum remotely.

It's not a new computer.

After windows updates, she has accidentally entered the wrong password too many times so had to verify her identity.

However, she was confused and didn't enter the correct details, or perhaps the computer wasn't connected to the wi-fi.

So, now her laptop is locked on to the screen to verify her microsoft account, but every time she enters the 4 digits end of phone number she gets the message that it had timed out and to restart the process.

There doesn't seem to be a way to restart the process.

I have logged on from my laptop and verified her microsoft account. I can see that windows is up to date and security is OK. I can now see her laptop, so she is connected to the internet. However, this hasn't helped.

Please could someone suggest a way to restart the verification process so that she can log on to her computer?

:)

csho_0803, Apr 2, 2020

2. Setting up Windows 10 stuck at verify your identity page

Spouse just got a new computer, trying to set it up, and the verify your identity page to get the security code is stuck saying session has timed out and to restart the process. Cannot change screen or log in to windows, can't leave verify page at all -
    how do we restart the process to continue with setup?

***Original title: verify identity page stuck and session timed out - help***

JolendaTusler, Apr 2, 2020
  3. New computer is stuck at verify your identity page

I’ve purchased a new computer but received a loop. My machine got stuck at the page "verify your identity". The issue occurred when I tried to set up the computer. It sent me to
    "verify your identity" page and when I was going to input the security code, it got stuck saying
    the session has timed out and to restart the process.

I can’t do anything, neither change the
    screen or log in to Windows. I also can't leave verify page at all. Please help me to setup my machine.

Ashley Reid1, Apr 2, 2020
  4. Locked on screen to verify identity but it's saying session has timed out and won't move on

Verify your identity

i bought a new lenovo ideapad laptop today and went to sign in to microsoft. I couldnt remember my password so it is asking to verify my identity. So i gave entered in my email and sent code about 10 times. I am not recieving an email. So then i decided
    to do it on my phone to see if it would work and it did. So password is reset. But i am still stuck on the verify my identity of my laptop.

Now it is saying that the session has expired and to restart the process.

It wont let me go back to try the process again or reenter my password! Help because my partner had bought exactly the same laptop and he is sotting beside me happily using his and im super frustrated.

Moocow0405, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

Locked on screen to verify identity but it's saying session has timed out and won't move on

1. Locked on screen to verify identity but it's saying session has timed out and won't move on - Similar Threads - Locked screen verify

2. "Verify your identity"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Verify your identity": So a couple of weeks ago I was normally logging into my Win 11 computer but it said I had to verify something even though I typed in the right password. So I pressed "forgot password" and it sent me to some strange blue thing with a large "Verify your identity." at the top....
  3. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Verifying identity: Hello there. I have two issues with my PC:1. Am trying to verify my identity to enable passwords and settings sync. I have chosen to receive a code on my phone number registered with MS account so that I can do the verification. I have the phone number right with me here, but...
  4. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Verifying identity: Hello there. I have two issues with my PC:1. Am trying to verify my identity to enable passwords and settings sync. I have chosen to receive a code on my phone number registered with MS account so that I can do the verification. I have the phone number right with me here, but...
  5. Verifying identity

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Verify Identity

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Verify Identity: I am attempting to verify my identity on my Windows account but every time I try, I receive a message saying that I could not sign in due to "An illegal state change was requested." How can I fix this problem? [ATTACH]...
  7. Recording has timed out message appearing on lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Recording has timed out message appearing on lock screen: After the recent windows 2004 update a message has started to appear on my lock screen which says "Recording has timed out please try again" what is this message for and how to fix it....
  8. Verify your identity

Verify your identity: A while ago I was asked to verify my identity before logging in. Windows sent me a verification code by email, had me change my password, and everything went smoothly. It asked me to verify again today, but I saw an X in the top right corner, so I clicked it because I had...
  9. verify identity page stuck and session timed out - help

verify identity page stuck and session timed out - help: Spouse just got a new computer, trying to set it up, and the verify your identity page to get the security code is stuck saying session has timed out and to restart the process. Cannot change screen or log in to windows, can't leave verify page at all - how do we restart the...
  10. Lock screen time-out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock screen time-out: Is there any way to keep the lock screen from shutting me down if I don't do anything on the keyboard for a minute or 2 minutes, or whatever it is? I followed some instructions that I found on the internet that involve adding ".bak" or ".backup" to the lock screen file in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 stuck on verify your identity