Windows 10: Locked out after the April update

Discus and support Locked out after the April update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have done the April update and I am locked out of everything. I cannot change anything What do I do? All security tells me I don't have permission.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichelleProchaska, Sep 6, 2018.

1. MichelleProchaska Win User

Locked out after the April update

I have done the April update and I am locked out of everything. I cannot change anything What do I do? All security tells me I don't have permission.

I want Control Back In My possession I have an HP Envy Touch smart Sleek book. all biometrics are gone this computer has been stripped down to nothing, I Need my computer back

* Moved from Insider

* Original title: locked out

:)

MichelleProchaska, Sep 6, 2018
  2. KarenCrosby1 Win User

Locked out of Settings after April 2018 update

My Windows April 2018 update occurred on 6/22/18. Since then I have not had access to anything listed in Settings. Like I am totally locked out of this function. Help... what to do

KarenCrosby1, Sep 6, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Sep 6, 2018
  4. JerryParrish1 Win User

setting locking up computer ater april 2018 update

After updating the April 2018 update I am having a problem getting into the settings section. whenever I go there the entire system locks up. Sometimes it results in having to reboot several times before windows will boot up again. Any suggestions?

JerryParrish1, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Locked out after the April update - Similar Threads - Locked April update

2. locked out of Mail app after update to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    locked out of Mail app after update to Windows 10 Pro: Hi I recently installed windows 10 S on a Surface Pro and tried to upgrade to Windows Pro due to lots of issues with Windows 10 Suddenly I can no longer access emails via the Mail App - it has an error message say it is updating- It should be ready for use again...
  3. Windows 10 locked out of updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 locked out of updates?: So if I am a business that needs to avoid an update to protect proprietary software on a windows 10 machine I would not be "current" and lose all future updates?...
  4. Locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out: I am locked out of my computer and have been using my husband's sign in. How do I reset my password or reset my laptop to the factory settings so I can start over....
  5. Lock screen oddities after April update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen oddities after April update.: Okay so after April I have noticed that the lock screen upon boot up or restart sometimes, the lock screen will blink the time and date after coming up. It only happens for a sec though. So to test if it would happen upon wake up from sleep, I re enabled password upon wake to...
  6. Locked Out

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked Out: Hello, I have an older hp laptop that i was logging into using the fingerprint sensor, then I updated to win 10 and accidentally added a password. Now, I can't get past the log-in screen because I don't recall the password. What can I do? Thanks - JBH 99220
  7. Locked out

Locked out: I upgraded from W 7 to 10 a few days ago. For several days, it booted straight to desktop, no prompts. I have never set a password for this machine. Now, all of a sudden, I am locked out. I see "please enter your sign in information and try again." I have no idea what to do,...
  8. After installing 1709, locked out

After installing 1709, locked out: On reboot, get logon banner with my username above it, after clicking on it I get the word, "locking" across the screen and go back to logon banner. I do not use a password and I installed the upgrade from a dvd. Using restart + shift key I get into a repair screen. Tried...
  9. Locked out

Locked out: Windows 10 updated and totally changed my desktop appearance, I wanted to change it back but I messed up and now I'm locked out of the laptop. When I switch it on it doesn't prompt for password. Nothing seems to work. I've tried pressing F8 so I can sign in with safe mode but...
  10. Locked out after interrupted update

in Windows 10 Support
    Locked out after interrupted update: I was in a hurry, and shut down Windows 10 during an update. Now I am locked out. My password does not work. I turned the laptop off 3 times at the login screen and on the 4th start I was in Safe Mode. I selected a restore option and was asked for my password. It was...