Windows 10: Locked out after the April update

Discus and support Locked out after the April update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have done the April update and I am locked out of everything. I cannot change anything What do I do? All security tells me I don't have permission.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichelleProchaska, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Locked out after the April update

I have done the April update and I am locked out of everything. I cannot change anything What do I do? All security tells me I don't have permission.

I want Control Back In My possession I have an HP Envy Touch smart Sleek book. all biometrics are gone this computer has been stripped down to nothing, I Need my computer back

* Moved from Insider

* Original title: locked out

:)

MichelleProchaska, Sep 6, 2018

2. Locked out of Settings after April 2018 update

My Windows April 2018 update occurred on 6/22/18. Since then I have not had access to anything listed in Settings. Like I am totally locked out of this function. Help... what to do

KarenCrosby1, Sep 6, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Locked out after the April update

setting locking up computer ater april 2018 update

After updating the April 2018 update I am having a problem getting into the settings section. whenever I go there the entire system locks up. Sometimes it results in having to reboot several times before windows will boot up again. Any suggestions?

JerryParrish1, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Locked out after the April update

1. Locked out after the April update - Similar Threads - Locked April update

2. Locked Out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked Out: I have tried every combination of password I have ever created and can not log onto my computer. I went to account.live.com/password/reset and reset my password as instructed, but it still will not allow me to access my computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Locked out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out: Im going to sell my pc so i deleted everything on it and i forgot to get the specs of it.when i turned it on it said that i needed to make a username and password for but i had to go so i turned it off and when i came back its on the lock screen.i tried to sighn in with my...
  4. Locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out: I am locked out of my computer and have been using my husband's sign in. How do I reset my password or reset my laptop to the factory settings so I can start over....
  5. Lock screen oddities after April update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen oddities after April update.: Okay so after April I have noticed that the lock screen upon boot up or restart sometimes, the lock screen will blink the time and date after coming up. It only happens for a sec though. So to test if it would happen upon wake up from sleep, I re enabled password upon wake to...
  6. Locked Out

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked Out: Hello, I have an older hp laptop that i was logging into using the fingerprint sensor, then I updated to win 10 and accidentally added a password. Now, I can't get past the log-in screen because I don't recall the password. What can I do? Thanks - JBH 99220
  7. Locked out

Locked out: I upgraded from W 7 to 10 a few days ago. For several days, it booted straight to desktop, no prompts. I have never set a password for this machine. Now, all of a sudden, I am locked out. I see "please enter your sign in information and try again." I have no idea what to do,...
  8. After installing 1709, locked out

After installing 1709, locked out: On reboot, get logon banner with my username above it, after clicking on it I get the word, "locking" across the screen and go back to logon banner. I do not use a password and I installed the upgrade from a dvd. Using restart + shift key I get into a repair screen. Tried...
  9. Locked out

Locked out: Windows 10 updated and totally changed my desktop appearance, I wanted to change it back but I messed up and now I'm locked out of the laptop. When I switch it on it doesn't prompt for password. Nothing seems to work. I've tried pressing F8 so I can sign in with safe mode but...
  10. Locked out after interrupted update

in Windows 10 Support
    Locked out after interrupted update: I was in a hurry, and shut down Windows 10 during an update. Now I am locked out. My password does not work. I turned the laptop off 3 times at the login screen and on the 4th start I was in Safe Mode. I selected a restore option and was asked for my password. It was...