Windows 10: Locked out after the April update

Discus and support Locked out after the April update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have done the April update and I am locked out of everything. I cannot change anything What do I do? All security tells me I don't have permission.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichelleProchaska, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Locked out after the April update

I have done the April update and I am locked out of everything. I cannot change anything What do I do? All security tells me I don't have permission.

I want Control Back In My possession I have an HP Envy Touch smart Sleek book. all biometrics are gone this computer has been stripped down to nothing, I Need my computer back

* Moved from Insider

* Original title: locked out

:)

MichelleProchaska, Sep 6, 2018

2. Locked out of Settings after April 2018 update

My Windows April 2018 update occurred on 6/22/18. Since then I have not had access to anything listed in Settings. Like I am totally locked out of this function. Help... what to do

KarenCrosby1, Sep 6, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Locked out after the April update

setting locking up computer ater april 2018 update

After updating the April 2018 update I am having a problem getting into the settings section. whenever I go there the entire system locks up. Sometimes it results in having to reboot several times before windows will boot up again. Any suggestions?

JerryParrish1, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Locked out after the April update

1. Locked out after the April update - Similar Threads - Locked April update

2. Lock out of computer after updated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock out of computer after updated: Hi, so I recently updated my computer, and once it restarted it doesn't allow me to enter in my original old pin code. It says "your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. click to set up your pin again. Unfortunately I don't have...
  3. Lock out of computer after updated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock out of computer after updated: Hi, so I recently updated my computer, and once it restarted it doesn't allow me to enter in my original old pin code. It says "your pin is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. click to set up your pin again. Unfortunately I don't have...
  4. Locked out of laptop after running update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of laptop after running update: My husband updated our laptop several weeks ago. Afterwards, my pin to login no longer worked and I can't reset it. The problem may be related to the email associated with my account. I was hacked and had to shut it down. I did not inform Microsoft of this. I tried to recover...
  5. Locked out of laptop after running update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of laptop after running update: My husband updated our laptop several weeks ago. Afterwards, my pin to login no longer worked and I can't reset it. The problem may be related to the email associated with my account. I was hacked and had to shut it down. I did not inform Microsoft of this. I tried to recover...
  6. Locked out of laptop after running update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Locked out after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out after update: My laptop ran the update last night and since then, I've been locked out. When I next switched it on, at the login there was a dialogue box asking me to sign in to my Microsoft Account rather than just my usual security password. Then another box asking me to set a pass key;...
  8. Locked out by BitLocker after failed update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Locked out by BitLocker after failed update: Hi, I am currently locked out of my Windows 10 laptop (Asus zenbook if that matters) by Bitlocker and I hope you have some ideas how to solve it before I give up my data. So I've got two partitions, C and D. C is mostly for software and some limited, not super important data....
  9. Lock screen oddities after April update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock screen oddities after April update.: Okay so after April I have noticed that the lock screen upon boot up or restart sometimes, the lock screen will blink the time and date after coming up. It only happens for a sec though. So to test if it would happen upon wake up from sleep, I re enabled password upon wake to...
  10. Locked out after interrupted update

in Windows 10 Support
    Locked out after interrupted update: I was in a hurry, and shut down Windows 10 during an update. Now I am locked out. My password does not work. I turned the laptop off 3 times at the login screen and on the 4th start I was in Safe Mode. I selected a restore option and was asked for my password. It was...