Windows 10: Locked out after update

Discus and support Locked out after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop ran the update last night and since then, I've been locked out. When I next switched it on, at the login there was a dialogue box asking me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jals_001, May 11, 2021.

1. Jals_001 Win User

Locked out after update

My laptop ran the update last night and since then, I've been locked out. When I next switched it on, at the login there was a dialogue box asking me to sign in to my Microsoft Account rather than just my usual security password. Then another box asking me to set a pass key; on pressing 'next' I was told there was an error, and 'skip this step' just took me back to the beginning.Now, I'm seeing a generic wallpaper image and when I click 'sign in,' although it still says my name above, 'new user' flashes up but then throws me back to the beginning. I can't get past this and urgently need the

:)

Jals_001, May 11, 2021

2. Random lock up, in DESPERATE need of help.

Lock ups can be caused by overheating, or sound failure.

Make sure you update your chipset drivers for audio. Also tell me step by step of how you install your heatsink.

Hybrid_theory, May 11, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Locked out after update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 11, 2021
  4. Locked out after update

Black Lock screen BACKGROUND

Hi Bill,

Let us know the make and model of your computer.

Let us try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to set the lock screen background to picture and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Step 3: Update the Display Adapter drivers.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update Driver Software
    • Restart the computer.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing the lock screen background for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Locked out after update

1. Locked out after update - Similar Threads - Locked update

2. My Camera is locked at 90 degrees on my lenovo yogabook since win 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Camera is locked at 90 degrees on my lenovo yogabook since win 10 update: Lenovo YogaBookInternal camera is locked at 90 degrees since Windows 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-is-locked-at-90-degrees-on-my-lenovo/3732d413-ee6c-4972-b58f-46acd10d6c85
  3. My Camera is locked at 90 degrees on my lenovo yogabook since win 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Camera is locked at 90 degrees on my lenovo yogabook since win 10 update: Lenovo YogaBookInternal camera is locked at 90 degrees since Windows 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-is-locked-at-90-degrees-on-my-lenovo/3732d413-ee6c-4972-b58f-46acd10d6c85
  4. My Camera is locked at 90 degrees on my lenovo yogabook since win 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Entire windows update lock up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entire windows update lock up: Currently unable to do anything with my windows, it's fully locked up but I can still get into my programs and play games.I have already tried literally everything availablehere are some things I'm experience:occasionally a stack buffer overflow warning in settingscan't...
  6. Entire windows update lock up

Entire windows update lock up: Currently unable to do anything with my windows, it's fully locked up but I can still get into my programs and play games.I have already tried literally everything availablehere are some things I'm experience:occasionally a stack buffer overflow warning in settingscan't...
  7. Entire windows update lock up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....: How long do I wait please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-closed-computer-lid-during-an-update/107578f0-38ee-4f43-b59a-8339c1e4f77d
  9. Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....

Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....: How long do I wait please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidentally-closed-computer-lid-during-an-update/107578f0-38ee-4f43-b59a-8339c1e4f77d
  10. Accidentally closed computer lid during an update. Now screen is locked at Getting Ready....

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade