Windows 10: Locked out asus tp500L

Discus and support Locked out asus tp500L in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Working on Asus TP500l. Friend gave it to me to unlock. I was successful using a reset USB i bought online. But in the process of attempting at first i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Allen.Bloodworth, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Locked out asus tp500L

Working on Asus TP500l. Friend gave it to me to unlock. I was successful using a reset USB i bought online. But in the process of attempting at first i set a master password and an hdd password. No problem right ? hahaha well while attempting to reset/remove those passwords i have locked myself out completely. laptop boots to black screen and password screen. I tore it apart the most i dared looking for the mini back up battery so i could do a hard reset. I cant find it. I cant get to bios using f buttons. Im not dumb but not a REAL techy. What am i missing ?

:)

Allen.Bloodworth, Nov 9, 2018

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Olafchief Win User
    Asus AC68 PCI-E Wireless adapter not working after Windows update (Code 38)

As the title suggests, after the most recent Windows update (brought my version of Windows to 1803), my Asus AC68 PCI-E Wireless adapter ceased to function. According to Device Manager, it was a "code 38" error (Windows cannot load the device driver
    for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory.)

Multiple searches have suggested that this is because of an issue with AMD processors, but this is not my situation as I have a Intel based processor.

I have attempted the following troubleshooting steps (without success)

• Uninstall and reinstall the driver
    • Use to "PCI lock" function in msconfig
    • Restore my computer to a previous state
    • Delete the Asus software
    • Change PCI port of my card

The only step I could take that did work was to restore a previous version of Windows (it brought me back to version 1709). So, for the moment my card works again, but my PC wants to update again, and I feel like this whole process will begin again if I
    do so. For the record, I have already been in touch with Asus support, and they have been less than helpful (some of the steps taken above were at their suggestion). Thank you in advance for any advice.

Olafchief, Nov 9, 2018
  4. javabiker Win User

Locked out asus tp500L

ASUS Motherboard compatibility

My Asus MB (M4A89GTD PRO/USB3) is about 5 years old. I have successfully upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10. However, running on Win 10 my PC frequently locks up and has to be re-booted. As a result I down-graded to Win 7 and now all is ok. ASUS does not include this board in the list of Win 10 compatible boards but they state that it might achieve compatibility in the future.
    I would like to avoid purchasing a new board and removing/replacing my existing board. If there is no way to make my existing board work with Win 10 could you suggest a good replacement AMD board - I am not a gamer.
    Any one got a good suggestion.

javabiker, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Locked out asus tp500L

1. Locked out asus tp500L - Similar Threads - Locked asus tp500L

2. locked out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    locked out: I forgot my pin and there are no options under the pin widow for reset my pin or other sign in options, what can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out/bb55ee75-5008-4053-9444-69610d2c4878
  3. Locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out: Hi can anyone help please, I have 6 months old Acer Aspire 5 laptop running with Windows 11, tried reinstalling it today and it stopped installing half way through, and it's now running a loop blue screen of death and reboot, that's as far as it gets, any help very much...
  4. Locked out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out: I was trying to speed up my computer, I wanted to start up and hair “diagnostic “instead of “ normal “ Start it. Now I cannot even use my pin to sign in and it looks like it’s stuck on airplane mode. I said I forgot my pin but it will not let me re-do anything I am locked out...
  5. locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    locked out: Hi lent my computer to my grandchildren through lock down now they have returned it and I am locked out put password in but wont accept it said fix problem in account.live.com but i can not get into computer is there another way please thank you...
  6. Locked out

Locked out: I have Windows 10 and have used the same password for years. A few days ago I was told my password was incorrect. I tried several times in case I had mistyped but no luck. For recovery they said they would send a code to my phone. I have changed my number. I can't remember...
  7. Locked out

Locked out: 10 days ago I started getting a request for a password at startup. I created one . 2 days later my password was rejected. I was told to use a password reset disk. Problem is I was not asked to create one. Suggestions? Thanks, Eric...
  8. Lock out of Asus windows 10 and can't boot up.

Lock out of Asus windows 10 and can't boot up.: I was on my Asus windows 10 lab top when a one word message came on screen, "locking." Screen went black and now it's as if no power in coming into the pc. The on, battery and other diode indicators won't even light up. I think it has to do with the Microsoft account some way...
  9. Locked out of ASUS laptop; will not accept my local password

Locked out of ASUS laptop; will not accept my local password: After installing new BIOS Flash Update on my ASUS laptop, using the ASUS Automatic Updater, my local password is no longer accepted. Getting error message "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Choose another sign in option and set up your PIN again..." I click on...
  10. Locked out

Locked out: Im going to sell my pc so i deleted everything on it and i forgot to get the specs of it.when i turned it on it said that i needed to make a username and password for but i had to go so i turned it off and when i came back its on the lock screen.i tried to sighn in with my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bypassing screen lock on asus tp500l

2. hard reset asus tp500l