Windows 10: Locked out, can't sign in to Windows 10

Discus and support Locked out, can't sign in to Windows 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can some advise how to log back in. Keep getting "password is incorrect" It wasnt incorrect, the PIN wouldnt work either which is what i always used.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Donnacadam, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Locked out, can't sign in to Windows 10

Can some advise how to log back in. Keep getting "password is incorrect" It wasnt incorrect, the PIN wouldnt work either which is what i always used.

Logged into Microsoft via ipad and changed my password as recommended. Still says incorrect.

have tried restart holding shift key and using safe mode but still cant access.

can anyone explain what causes this, there seem to be hundreds of others having this issue and how to fix it.

i need to access my PC urgently

thanks.

:)

Donnacadam, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 21, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 21, 2018
  4. dacrone Win User

Locked out, can't sign in to Windows 10

different lock screen and sign in screen?

Step 2b is labeled as Change the Login Screen Image, but the steps show you how to change the Lock Screen image. Step 2a is irrelevant. It only tells you how to change the desktop background.

What I want to do:
    Set Spotlight as the LOCK Screen Image(s) - Done
    Set the Win 10 Hero Image as the SIGN IN Screen Image - This is the one that shows after you click on the lock screen and you are able to type your password. If I uncheck "Show Lock Screen Image on Sign In Screen", it shows a solid blue background behind my Password box and user image. This is what I want to change to the Hero Image....

dacrone, Oct 21, 2018
Thema:

Locked out, can't sign in to Windows 10

1. Locked out, can't sign in to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Locked can't sign

2. Locked out of Signing into Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Signing into Windows 11: My laptop Asus Windows 11 locked me out for two hours after two failed attempts. One of which I believe was a failed facial recognition because of the crappy camera quality. Now I’m locked out for two hours and I have important information I need to access. Is there a way to...
  3. Windows sign-in lock out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows sign-in lock out: Hey everyone, So, I recently cloned my laptops SSD 128gb to a new replacement one 500gb and alongside that I also performed a ram upgrade from 16gb 2 8gb ddr4 2400 to 32gb 2 16gb ddr4 2666. With the new SSD and ram installed I restarted my computer and now it's booting to the...
  4. Windows sign-in lock out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows sign-in lock out: Hey everyone, So, I recently cloned my laptops SSD 128gb to a new replacement one 500gb and alongside that I also performed a ram upgrade from 16gb 2 8gb ddr4 2400 to 32gb 2 16gb ddr4 2666. With the new SSD and ram installed I restarted my computer and now it's booting to the...
  5. Windows sign-in lock out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 sign in locked out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 sign in locked out: Today all of a sudden my fingerprint, my pin, and my windows account password all stopped working.I am completely locked out of my windows laptop. Windows hello keeps saying my pin is wrong even though im 100% certain its the right pin.My windows password is not working...
  7. Windows 10 sign in locked out

Windows 10 sign in locked out: Today all of a sudden my fingerprint, my pin, and my windows account password all stopped working.I am completely locked out of my windows laptop. Windows hello keeps saying my pin is wrong even though im 100% certain its the right pin.My windows password is not working...
  8. Windows 10 sign in locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Windows 10 Sign In—Locked Out

Windows 10 Sign In—Locked Out: My windows 10 hp envy laptop is requiring a PIN number and only a PIN number to sign in. Usually I can unlock it with a fingerprint, and when that occasionally fails it asks for a pin or gives me sign in options. I never use a pin. Instead I sign in using one of the options....
  10. Windows 10 locked out, no Sign in options

Windows 10 locked out, no Sign in options: The story: My machine's admin account is my Live account hotmail. I added a new local account. I logged out and attempted to login under the new local account and received an error that the Sign in service failed. The lockscreen does not display any other profiles to...