Windows 10: Locked out from System

Discus and support Locked out from System in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have forgotten my password so i tried to login using Microsoft username and password but still it is showing wrong password. I can access my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kalpesh13, Jun 14, 2019.

1. kalpesh13 Win User

Locked out from System

I have forgotten my password so i tried to login using Microsoft username and password but still it is showing wrong password. I can access my Microsoft account using my phone with same username and password. Please tell me how can I log in to my system??

:)

kalpesh13, Jun 14, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jun 14, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Jun 14, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Locked out from System

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Locked out from System

1. Locked out from System - Similar Threads - Locked System

2. Consistent BSODs; SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION ntfs.sys fltmgr.sys, Kernel Autoboost Lock...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistent BSODs; SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION ntfs.sys fltmgr.sys, Kernel Autoboost Lock...: Included are the dmp files from BSODs I experienced today, https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ojupn2LXXhpvSFtfUP82921sVOSeMqhJ/view?usp=drivesdk I’ve been plagued with these issues since I first had my PC built. It happens consistently when I watch Youtube or use my editing...
  3. Soft-Lock/Hanging? Processor Stops Processing But Computer Keeps Running? System "Crash"...

Soft-Lock/Hanging? Processor Stops Processing But Computer Keeps Running? System "Crash"...: I dont even know what to properly call this situation. TL;DR: Newly built Computer does this weird thing that is not quite a Soft or a Hard lock. Computer stays running, windows and popups respond but nothing actually happens. Browser can be used but videos will not work...
  4. Blocked Access to System Settings - but it locked me out not just User

in Windows 10 Support
    Blocked Access to System Settings - but it locked me out not just User: Windows is in a remote location: No current access to Version Hello, In order to keep my elderly mother from changing (and always then forgetting) her password I blocked the system Settings from her account. For unknown reasons, it blocked my account as well (Adminstrator...
  5. Updates as of 11-12-2020 are failing and locking up my system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates as of 11-12-2020 are failing and locking up my system: Three times now my computer has seized control from me to install updates only to have them lock into some endless loop. Because I have to pause updates, there is no way for me to record what those updates are. One of the symptoms of the problem is that when I yank the...
  6. System restarts after locking when RD isn't used

System restarts after locking when RD isn't used: After we started working from home on March, I started using Remote Desktop to connect to my Windows 10 machine. That worked fine, but when I came back into the office in June I noticed that my machine seemed to restart most nights, but not all. Eventually I realized it was...
  7. What is this LOCK icon in my system tray

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this LOCK icon in my system tray: I noticed this icon in my system tray a few weeks back but if I place my mouse cursor on it or double click it it automatically disappears (please refer to the screenshot the lock icon outlined by black marker) [ATTACH] Can anyone please help me identify what it is. I am...
  8. System Locks up before rebooting No BSOD, No crash dump

System Locks up before rebooting No BSOD, No crash dump: I am trying to diagnose this issue I've been having the past few weeks, it happens randomly. I've not had a crash in weeks yet today I had two. My PC will lock up before rebooting itself it does not BSOD nor does it create a crash dump. I made sure my computer was set to...
  9. Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and Services continually lock up system functions on...

Resource Monitor, Task Manager, and Services continually lock up system functions on...: You'd think a person studying for an IT certification would know what's going on with this, but alas, I unfortunately can't figure it out. I'm running on a fresh install of Windows 10, installed about three days ago from the latest public release build of the Windows 10...
  10. Lock box at System Settings is greyed out

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lock box at System Settings is greyed out: Hi, I'm struggling to unlock the Lock option on my Windows 10 Home edition. An objective - to be able to lock my PC. A problem - at the Ctrl + Alt + Del screen, there is no Lock option. I went to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings. The Lock...