Windows 10: Locked out from windows with Go Daddy Microsoft account

Discus and support Locked out from windows with Go Daddy Microsoft account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I opened a microsoft 365 account with Go Daddy, then I went and bought a new windows computer, windows asked me to link an account so I entered the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mb5050, Aug 15, 2022.

1. mb5050 Win User

Locked out from windows with Go Daddy Microsoft account

I opened a microsoft 365 account with Go Daddy, then I went and bought a new windows computer, windows asked me to link an account so I entered the account I had with Go Daddy, the next day, I am trying to sign in to windows but the password didn't work, i even migrated my account to microsoft but still didn't work, ever since, I am locked out of my computer with no way to access anything beyond the login page.

:)

mb5050, Aug 15, 2022
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Locked out from windows with Go Daddy Microsoft account :(

Zakin, Aug 15, 2022
  3. Cannot sign into microsoft account with Window 10 apps.

Hi Lyra,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Have you receive any error, when trying to Login using Microsoft Account on your system?

• Have you changed the password of your Microsoft Account/
    I would suggest you to try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Change the language on the lock Screen.

Follow the below steps:

• Click the language on the bottom of the lock screen.

• Select the English language and click Ok.

• Put your password now and check if you are able to login.
    If the language option is not available on the bottom of o lock screen, then try method 2.

Method 2: Use On Screen Keyboard.

Follow the below steps;

• Click on the Ease of access icon on the bottom of lock screen.

• Select the On Screen Keyboard.

• Type your password through On Screen Keyboard.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Locked out from windows with Go Daddy Microsoft account

Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Locked out from windows with Go Daddy Microsoft account

1. Locked out from windows with Go Daddy Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Locked Daddy Microsoft

2. Go Daddy and MS Exchange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Go Daddy and MS Exchange: We use Go Daddy as our web hosting platform, as well as providing our business email. We have used Thunderbird as our local client for several years with no problems. Today, I was unable to use it, and after some research, found the settings MS says to use. After editing the...
  3. Go Daddy and MS Exchange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Go Daddy and MS Exchange: We use Go Daddy as our web hosting platform, as well as providing our business email. We have used Thunderbird as our local client for several years with no problems. Today, I was unable to use it, and after some research, found the settings MS says to use. After editing the...
  4. Go Daddy and MS Exchange

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Signing into windows - go daddy microsoft account not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signing into windows - go daddy microsoft account not recognised: I recently purchased a domain name, email address and business professional package includes Microsoft office apps and I can log into Microsoft 365 from godaddy.comI bought a new laptop and when I tried to set up my new laptop with my new email address, I get the message...
  6. Signing into windows - go daddy microsoft account not recognised

Signing into windows - go daddy microsoft account not recognised: I recently purchased a domain name, email address and business professional package includes Microsoft office apps and I can log into Microsoft 365 from godaddy.comI bought a new laptop and when I tried to set up my new laptop with my new email address, I get the message...
  7. Signing into windows - go daddy microsoft account not recognised

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Locked out from windows with Go Daddy Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out from windows with Go Daddy Microsoft account: I opened a microsoft 365 account with Go Daddy, then I went and bought a new windows computer, windows asked me to link an account so I entered the account I had with Go Daddy, the next day, I am trying to sign in to windows but the password didn't work, i even migrated my...
  9. Locked out from windows with Go Daddy Microsoft account

Locked out from windows with Go Daddy Microsoft account: I opened a microsoft 365 account with Go Daddy, then I went and bought a new windows computer, windows asked me to link an account so I entered the account I had with Go Daddy, the next day, I am trying to sign in to windows but the password didn't work, i even migrated my...
  10. microsoft account locked out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft account locked out: My aged father has been hijacked as he has been negligent with his passwords specifically that of his Microsoft account. His PC was playing up recently so we upgraded to Windows 10 was running 8.1 and on restart the Microsoft banner came up and we couldn't log in with his...