Windows 10: Locked Out - Login Screen

Discus and support Locked Out - Login Screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've always bypassed the login screen using netplwz, have done this forever, but I recently changed my password in netplwz (as i,ve done many times in... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by aeneas1, Apr 20, 2021.

1. aeneas1 Win User

Locked Out - Login Screen

I've always bypassed the login screen using netplwz, have done this forever, but I recently changed my password in netplwz (as i,ve done many times in the past) , rebooted, and now I get the login screen with a message that the incorrect password is being used.... when I enter my updated password it still reports incorrect, and when I try any past passwords I get the same incorrect message....

I'm staring to panic here, I simply can't get into my desktop PC (windows 10 pro, latest updates), I've been plugging in passwords for the last hour and have even tried a couple of "fixes" found on the net but no love...

Is there any hope? any help would be greatly appreciated..... btw, when I changed / updated my password in netplwz it seemed to have created another user account on the login screen, I now see two, my original with the original avatar and a new one with the stock / default avatar... both have the same name and when I reboot it defaults to the new account with the stock avatar.... I have acees to both accounts on the login screen and passwords do not work for either account, both report incorrect passworc

:)

aeneas1, Apr 20, 2021

2. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

Locked Out - Login Screen [​IMG]

Josey Wales, Apr 20, 2021
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Locked Out - Login Screen

No login prompt at login screen

Post #8 “I can login to the computer after restart, but every locking after it causes the problem.”

http://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/...-computer.html
    Check Way 3: Lock computer in Screen Saver Settings.
    Step 1: Type lock computer in the search box on taskbar and choose Lock the computer when I leave it alone for a period of time.
    Step 2: In the Screen Saver Settings dialog, choose On resume, display logon screen and hit OK.
    Is “On resume, display log on screen” checked?

Locked Out - Login Screen [​IMG]

MeAndMyComputer, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Locked Out - Login Screen

1. Locked Out - Login Screen - Similar Threads - Locked Login Screen

2. lock out screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lock out screen: when I could log into windows,firefox and microsoft edge were real slow connecting to net,i thought i would run in safe mode to see if that would help,i ran msconfig,re-booted,but now lock out screen has no slot to type in pin,so i'm stuck.Can anybody help...
  3. Windows Login Locked out

Windows Login Locked out: My company has undergone a security migration project in which we have taken our desktops from our company domain and changed them over to an "INTUNE" workgroup and then joined AZURE AD. On one of these computers I followed the process to join the workgroup and restarted the...
  4. Locked login screen

Locked login screen: [IMG] i am being asked to log in but i have not set up sn account. Can you help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-login-screen/0c44ccac-b666-4c9f-a080-668a48310b78
  5. lock out screen

lock out screen: I have an issue when turning on my laptop windows 10 it gets stuck on lock screen and only way to get it off is to hit restart and reboot it that way. From the lock screen it wont let me restart in safe mode by holding down the shift key. Been dealing with this for awhile...
  6. Show Lock Screen on Login Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show Lock Screen on Login Screen: When I set the Lock Screen to display for the Login Screen it does show, but just as a blurry image of the actual image set for the lock screen does this happen for everyone or does the Login screen show the same as it does for the lock screen? WIN 10 Pro 64Bit Thank you,...
  7. Locked out of Administrator Account login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of Administrator Account login: Hi, I hope someone here can help me. After a Windows 10 update a few months ago I have been unable to log in as administrator on my PC. I have tried dozens of websites, including this one and tried as many "solutions", all to no avail. Every solution or workaround...
  8. Locked out of PC unable to login

Locked out of PC unable to login: I loaded a new Office Home and Student in my computer. I was able to run a power point and then closed . When I tried to reopen my computer, I was locked out. I created a pin # that was accepted. I created a new PW using my IPad, for my computer. It was accepted by Microsoft...
  9. locked out screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    locked out screen: my walking book 2in1pc/tab has a screen showing enter password but every password I try it respond invalid password. what can I do to unlock? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-screen/0a4c2e04-4d24-4051-bd74-194de32dfca9
  10. lock/login screen issue

lock/login screen issue: hi. just an FYI--MS was of absolutely no help here--no surprise there, though... i have personalized the lock/login screen with a picture from my computer. it always showed upon start/restart. all of a sudden--at first only from time to time, but recently, more frequent--a...