Windows 10: Locked out of account after August 30 Microsoft update.

Discus and support Locked out of account after August 30 Microsoft update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I share a computer with my husband. After the update his account still works, but mine doesn't. I thought I was the Administrator. From the login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CathyH4, Sep 1, 2019.

1. CathyH4 Win User

Locked out of account after August 30 Microsoft update.

I share a computer with my husband. After the update his account still works, but mine doesn't. I thought I was the Administrator. From the login screen, I enter the password, it spins for a minute and comes right back to login screen. I get on his, check the task manager, he is listed with activity showing, mine is listed but says "disconnected" and 0 activity. Don't know if that helps, not that keen on these things. I tried several of the suggestions on this blog. They didn't work. I am concerned that I may have less than 10 days to retrieve my site. My understanding is that it is still somewhere temporarily, but I don't know how to get it before it is deleted. The login just doesn't work. Can I "recover" back to August 30 when it was all working and if so how long does it take for "recovery" to work? Appreciate whatever light you can shed. Thanks.

:)

CathyH4, Sep 1, 2019
  2. Rose W Win User

Your Microsoft account needs you to sign in again-recent credentials

Yes the correct or current info is in the Settings/Accounts/Your email and accounts.
    The steps in the tutorial included signing in after deleting a listing. I couldn't see where that was relevant since its a second listing. It looks like I have to voluntarily do the 'sign in' so I can avoid doing that. I'm locked out for 30 days anyway.
    Perhaps its time to set up a stand alone user account in that laptop <grin> Too nerve wracking dealing with this MSAccount.

Rose W, Sep 1, 2019
  3. Addie Win User
    Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Sep 1, 2019
  4. craighale Win User

need to change email address (Microsoft account)

Hello Pratiksha Devadiga,

On August 1st I inadvertently requested a password change. Unfortunately now, my account is locked for 30 days until the change takes affect. I cannot access my account until August 31st, to attempt to add an alias as you suggest. I do like the idea of
    using an alias. I did not know this was possible. Thank you.

craighale, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Locked out of account after August 30 Microsoft update. - Similar Threads - Locked account August

2. Locked out of Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Microsoft account?: Performed a Windows update and when it finished rebooting, a message showed stating that PIN security had been updated and to use the password that nobody remembers. Then tried the Send Me A Code but the email account never receives it, and here's the twist.The email address...
  3. Locked out of Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of Microsoft account?: Performed a Windows update and when it finished rebooting, a message showed stating that PIN security had been updated and to use the password that nobody remembers. Then tried the Send Me A Code but the email account never receives it, and here's the twist.The email address...
  4. Locked out of Microsoft Account

Locked out of Microsoft Account: I'm wondering what criminality MS think I'm up to! My office pc was O.K. this morning. My domestic one came up with this rebuff this afternoon.THAT wasn't the worst of it. After going through the Recovery procedures I managed to get a code onto my landline, but it was...
  5. Microsoft account locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account locked out: I am helping my elderly neighbor set up a new laptop.They know their current password and they were logged into their MS account on their old laptop.We tried to log into their new laptop with their MS account but it asked to them verify... unfortunantley the cell number it...
  6. Microsoft account locked out

Microsoft account locked out: I am helping my elderly neighbor set up a new laptop.They know their current password and they were logged into their MS account on their old laptop.We tried to log into their new laptop with their MS account but it asked to them verify... unfortunantley the cell number it...
  7. Locked out of Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Microsoft Account: My wife recently attempted to create a new Microsoft account and somehow messed up the password. We were unable to figure out what she entered and I had to restore her computer from backup so that she could log into it using a local account. We attempted to reset the password...
  8. Locked out of Microsoft Account

Locked out of Microsoft Account: My wife recently attempted to create a new Microsoft account and somehow messed up the password. We were unable to figure out what she entered and I had to restore her computer from backup so that she could log into it using a local account. We attempted to reset the password...
  9. microsoft account locked out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft account locked out: My aged father has been hijacked as he has been negligent with his passwords specifically that of his Microsoft account. His PC was playing up recently so we upgraded to Windows 10 was running 8.1 and on restart the Microsoft banner came up and we couldn't log in with his...
  10. locked out microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    locked out microsoft account: when trying to sign in on computer get a message that Microsoft account has been disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/locked-out-microsoft-account/b86dc012-649d-431e-82f6-3a848405b6a5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. locked out of microsft office after windows update