Windows 10: Locked out of account because PIN is invalid

Discus and support Locked out of account because PIN is invalid in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Using HP laptop with windows 11. Upon setup, I was required to create a pin for my account. About a week ago, the Pin suddenly stopped working. I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by My PC3, Dec 6, 2023.

1. My PC3 Win User

Locked out of account because PIN is invalid

Using HP laptop with windows 11. Upon setup, I was required to create a pin for my account. About a week ago, the Pin suddenly stopped working. I did not enter the incorrect pin, but the computer says that the pin is incorrect and to restart the computer. I have been through this loop to no avail. I also did not write down the password for the account I was required to make to startup the computer, so I am unable to reset pin by logging into the microsoft account. I want to know why the pin I made suddenly stopped working, and how to bypass this because I have been locked out of my brand new c

:)

My PC3, Dec 6, 2023
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Dec 6, 2023
  3. Forgotten PIN and expired password

Hi Dyari,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried steps of both links:

• #1: reset PIN code
      • I see no link "reset your PIN"on login page --> I can't reset it
    • #2: change or reset windows password
      • My Windows account is not displayed at all on login page.
      • I am using a local account
    If you have any other suggestion, I would be more than happy to try.

Regards,

Guillaume

Guillaume ., Dec 6, 2023
  4. Locked out of account because PIN is invalid

No place to sign into Windows 10: No log-in lock screen PIN input field showing; locked out

Hi David,

To resolve the issue regarding locked out in Windows 10, we suggest you follow the steps below:

• Open the “Settings” in Win menu and click on the “Account” icon to enter account settings.

• Choose “Sign-in option” and click “I forgot my PIN”, you can reset your PIN there. If it is a local account, please input the local account login password and then you can reset your PIN.

Let us know how it goes.

Jenicel Dri, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

Locked out of account because PIN is invalid

1. Locked out of account because PIN is invalid - Similar Threads - Locked account PIN

2. Computer locked because PIN is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer locked because PIN is broken: Hello,I have a laptop running Windows 11. I am unable to log into it. On startup, I am prompted to put in my Microsoft password and verify with MFA. After this is successful, it asks me to “create a PIN”. However, when I click the “next” button it tells me that this option is...
  3. Computer locked because PIN is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer locked because PIN is broken: Hello,I have a laptop running Windows 11. I am unable to log into it. On startup, I am prompted to put in my Microsoft password and verify with MFA. After this is successful, it asks me to “create a PIN”. However, when I click the “next” button it tells me that this option is...
  4. Locked out of account because PIN is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of account because PIN is invalid: Using HP laptop with windows 11. Upon setup, I was required to create a pin for my account. About a week ago, the Pin suddenly stopped working. I did not enter the incorrect pin, but the computer says that the pin is incorrect and to restart the computer. I have been through...
  5. Locked out of laptop because we cannot remember the PIN. The Account Recovery Form is...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of laptop because we cannot remember the PIN. The Account Recovery Form is...: I am locked out of my entire laptop because we can not remember our Microsoft Pin and the password we just reset is not being recognized. nor is our old password The Account Recovery Form has been submitted and rejected 6 times despite being logged into our Microsoft account...
  6. Locked out of computer because I can’t reset PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of computer because I can’t reset PIN: I changed my PIN recently but already forgot it because I forgot to write it down. I’m trying to reset it from my computer’s lock screen and after I log into my account and enter the verification code, whenever I click “Reset PIN” it shows me an error message and an option to...
  7. Locked out of computer because I can’t reset PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of computer because I can’t reset PIN: I changed my PIN recently but already forgot it because I forgot to write it down. I’m trying to reset it from my computer’s lock screen and after I log into my account and enter the verification code, whenever I click “Reset PIN” it shows me an error message and an option to...
  8. Locked out of computer because I can’t reset PIN

9. Locked out of my laptop because I'm locked out of my email account

Locked out of my laptop because I'm locked out of my email account: Hi,I've recently been locked out of my personal windows account. I no longer have access to the recovery phone number because the account is 15 years old and frankly I dont use it. However I've used the email when I first got my lenovo laptop in order for me log into the...
  10. Account locked for 30 days and Microsoft security update invalidated my pin.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account locked for 30 days and Microsoft security update invalidated my pin.: On September 18, 2020 I changed my phone number, as I had gotten a new phone, and discovered this setting one day. Thinking I was doing the right thing in updating my information on my Microsoft account, I changed the phone number. After all, the old phone, along with the...