Windows 10: Locked out of account, email is wrong

Discus and support Locked out of account, email is wrong in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm using my partner's laptop which they got from a friend. I was able to log into their account and made myself an account, but I didn't make myself... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by maddZY, May 9, 2022.

1. maddZY Win User

Locked out of account, email is wrong

I'm using my partner's laptop which they got from a friend. I was able to log into their account and made myself an account, but I didn't make myself an admin and I can't download anything without putting in their password. We've tried several passwords and none of them worked, then we realized the email was wrong as an example, if the email is supposed to be jfkennedy@whatever, it's now jfennedy@whatever. I have no idea how this happened because I was able to log in the first time. I can't reset anything from my account because I'm not an admin.

:)

maddZY, May 9, 2022
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, May 9, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, May 9, 2022
  4. Locked out of account, email is wrong

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, May 9, 2022
Thema:

Locked out of account, email is wrong

1. Locked out of account, email is wrong - Similar Threads - Locked account email

2. Account Locked out - Email unaccessible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Locked out - Email unaccessible.: I updated my PCs BIOS for security reasons. After completion I cant log in as Windows wants me to update my PIN.I have forgotten the password, but the main issue is that my Microsoft account was set up with an email account that has been disabled by the ISP no longer do...
  3. Account Locked out - Email unaccessible.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Locked out - Email unaccessible.: I updated my PCs BIOS for security reasons. After completion I cant log in as Windows wants me to update my PIN.I have forgotten the password, but the main issue is that my Microsoft account was set up with an email account that has been disabled by the ISP no longer do...
  4. locked out of email account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    locked out of email account: My mother locked herself out of her email account and I been trying to help her get back on for several days. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-email-account/dc7f7a64-8313-4213-aa59-96c21ae43848
  5. locked out of email account

locked out of email account: My mother locked herself out of her email account and I been trying to help her get back on for several days. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-email-account/dc7f7a64-8313-4213-aa59-96c21ae43848
  6. locked out of email account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Locked out of account, email is wrong

Locked out of account, email is wrong: I'm using my partner's laptop which they got from a friend. I was able to log into their account and made myself an account, but I didn't make myself an admin and I can't download anything without putting in their password. We've tried several passwords and none of them...
  8. Locked out of account, email is wrong

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of account, email is wrong: I'm using my partner's laptop which they got from a friend. I was able to log into their account and made myself an account, but I didn't make myself an admin and I can't download anything without putting in their password. We've tried several passwords and none of them...
  9. my account have locked with a wrong email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my account have locked with a wrong email: hey. my Microsoft account have locked it self with a none exsiting email. and when i try too fix it it ask me to retype some codes i have used in the past. i cant for the life off me remember what code i put in over 3 years ago. and the only thing i have used after is my...
  10. my account have locked with a wrong email

my account have locked with a wrong email: hey. my Microsoft account have locked it self with a none exsiting email. and when i try too fix it it ask me to retype some codes i have used in the past. i cant for the life off me remember what code i put in over 3 years ago. and the only thing i have used after is my...