Windows 10: Locked out of Admin Account. Can't Use PC at All.

Discus and support Locked out of Admin Account. Can't Use PC at All. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So the other day I noticed my only account on my laptop had lost administrator privileges. I looked up how to fix this and went about doing. I booted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Cykablat, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Cykablat Win User

Locked out of Admin Account. Can't Use PC at All.

So the other day I noticed my only account on my laptop had lost administrator privileges. I looked up how to fix this and went about doing. I booted into "safe mode with command prompt" but that realized I didnt need that, just regular safe mode. I turned off my laptop, and turned it back on expecting a normal boot. Now is where I'm having problems. When it boots up, it goes straight to the windows login screen for "administrator". No matter how many times I hit ok it doesnt do anything or will start to load but eventually come back with, "account has been disabled. Please see system administrator". As of right now, that's all i can do with my laptop, so its pretty much useless to me. I have no idea what to do next. Is there a way to boot into safe mode using the power button or holding an F# key? Really need my laptop for school so any help is appreciated.

:)

Cykablat, Nov 13, 2015
  2. Symol Win User

Locked out of my pc

I forgot my password for my local account, I really don't know how. I have tried all the passwords I normally use, none of them seem to be right one. I have two accounts on my pc, one admin and the other a non-admin local user account. I am locked out of
    the admin account.

I do not have a recovery disc.

Any help would be appreciated

Symol, Nov 13, 2015
  3. stewart05 Win User
    My account is listed as an administrator but the machine doesn't let me have admin rights

I have scanned these computers with several virus scanners and they are all clean. I have probably 10 PCs that are doing this after the upgrade from win7 pro to win10.

The error is "This app can't open" "Microsoft Edge can't be opened using the Built-in Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try again."

Or if I try to open a vpn connection from clicking on the network systray icon and then clicking on a vpn connection I get "This app can't open" "Settings can't be opened using the Built-In Administrator account. Sign in with a different account and try
    again".

On all of these pcs that I'm having this issue on NONE of them are signed in with built-in admin account. They are signed in with a user account that is a member of the admin group. I have turned off UAC and that seems to be the issue. It seems when you
    are an admin, and you turn off UAC you get these errors.

You also get locked out of making changes to the c drive.

This is a huge issue. I have lots of clients upgrading to win10 and having this issue. The users have to be local admins and because of the software we sell, we have to have UAC turned off on the computers. So this is causing us tons of issues with our
    customers.

How do we fix this.

stewart05, Nov 13, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

from command prompt
    C:\windows\system32\net user administrator /active:yes

5. Cykablat Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion but that won't help me right now :/ Sorry if I was unclear but all I see is this: imgur.com/KSUwC8Q

Cykablat, Nov 13, 2015
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    From the login screen, click on power icon in lower right corner. Hold down the shift key and click restart.

NavyLCDR, Nov 13, 2015
  7. Cykablat Win User
    Thank you very much! I was able to boot into safe mode but now I cant seem to find my other account. Im in control panel under user accounts and all I see is the administrator one. Any idea what I do from here? Should I just boot back up out of safe mode? Regardless thank you so much.

Cykablat, Nov 13, 2015
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Enable the administrator account like in Kyhi's post. Then restart and try to log in to the administrator account (no password). From there you can create a new account with administrator privileges. Then look in C:\Users for different account files left there.

NavyLCDR, Nov 13, 2015
  9. Cykablat Win User
    Problems Solved! I ended figuring it out probably about the time you were typing your repsonse. I did windows button + r and opened netplwiz. From there I found my microsoft account and was able to reset admin privileges. Anyway thank you so much!

Cykablat, Nov 13, 2015
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    Thanks for the tip, next time I will recommend netplwiz first!

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Locked out of Admin Account. Can't Use PC at All. - Similar Threads - Locked Admin Account

2. Got Locked out of Admin account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Got Locked out of Admin account: I have two accounts on my pc, admin and non admin A few days ago i was changing the pin of my admin account and later when i tried to log in, it saypid that its unable to setup pin and i need to use password which i completely forgot PLEASE HELP...
  3. Locked out of my admin accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of my admin accounts: Haven't used my Windows 10 Pro PC in a while and now somehow my admin accounts have been taken out of the Admin group. The only account in the Admin group is the Administrator user and it is disabled. How can I fix this? Did someone hack into my computer? It was turn off for...
  4. Locked out of my admin accounts

Locked out of my admin accounts: Haven't used my Windows 10 Pro PC in a while and now somehow my admin accounts have been taken out of the Admin group. The only account in the Admin group is the Administrator user and it is disabled. How can I fix this? Did someone hack into my computer? It was turn off for...
  5. Locked out of my admin accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Admin Account Got Locked out and can't login.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin Account Got Locked out and can't login.: Hi! So yesterday, I was trying to get my saved password in my computer and repeatedly entered an incorrect pass. Now, I've open my laptop account and I got this message when I try to login again, "The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to"...
  7. Admin Account Got Locked out and can't login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Admin Account Got Locked out and can't login.: Hi! So yesterday, I was trying to get my saved password in my computer and repeatedly entered an incorrect pass. Now, I've open my laptop account and I got this message when I try to login again, "The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to"...
  8. Admin Account Got Locked out and can't login.

9. Locked out of admin account with no password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Locked out of admin account with no password: I was an idiot and made my extra account with no password the admin account, so now I can do barely anything. My pc locked me out of the account due to having "the wrong password" but I never even set one. I can't do the startup menu hack since my pc has a broken screen and...
  10. Locked Out of Admin Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked Out of Admin Account: I have become locked out of my admin account because my password seems to have changed. I haven't used this account in a couple of years as I have a second account which I use regularly. Both accounts have the same password. I just noticed that my clock did not adjust for DST...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. locked out of admin account. cant use pc at all.