Windows 10: locked out of administrator account - help

Discus and support locked out of administrator account - help in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Locked out of my administrator account and I do not know how to correct this problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoyceGQF, Aug 24, 2020.

1. JoyceGQF Win User

locked out of administrator account - help

Locked out of my administrator account and I do not know how to correct this problem

:)

JoyceGQF, Aug 24, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Local Administrator account locked by family time restrictions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the built-in Administrator account and
    we appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information.

In this scenario we would suggest you to disable and the enable the
    built-in Administrator account using the command prompt from a different administrator user account and check if the issue persist.

Steps to disable and enable the built-in Administrator account.

1. Click on Windows Search/Cortana and type
      CMD, right click on command prompt and select run as admin.
    2. Type Net user administrator /active:no
      and hit enter key to disable the built-in Administrator account
    3. Restart the PC and login to the
      Administrator account and perform step 1.
    4. Type Net user administrator /active:yes
      and hit enter key to enable the built-in Administrator account

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 24, 2020
  4. DocBones Win User

Locked and hidden administrator.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I'm still locked out of the elevated administrator account. Nothing on that page has worked. Still open to suggestions.

DocBones, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

1. locked out of administrator account - help - Similar Threads - locked administrator account

2. Locked out of local administrator's account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of local administrator's account: I'm currently logged out of my local administrator account and I don't know the password to it. It seems there is no way to reset it from a non-administrator account and I don't have a password reset disk. I need to be able to have administrator access for work but can't make...
  3. Locked out of local administrator's account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of local administrator's account: I'm currently logged out of my local administrator account and I don't know the password to it. It seems there is no way to reset it from a non-administrator account and I don't have a password reset disk. I need to be able to have administrator access for work but can't make...
  4. Locked out of administrative account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of administrative account: Hi,I signed into our new workstation using my work/school account. After that I made a local account without using an email address, just a username and password and changed its type to administrative while changing my work/school account type to standard. After restarting...
  5. Locked out of administrative account

Locked out of administrative account: Hi,I signed into our new workstation using my work/school account. After that I made a local account without using an email address, just a username and password and changed its type to administrative while changing my work/school account type to standard. After restarting...
  6. Administrator Account Locked Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Account Locked Out: I recently got back on my PC after a 1 week vacation and I wanted to check the accounts logged in to the PC netplwiz and a pop up showed saying to enter an Administrator Password and then to press yes but there is no where to put the password plus I don't even have an...
  7. Administrator Account Locked Out

Administrator Account Locked Out: I recently got back on my PC after a 1 week vacation and I wanted to check the accounts logged in to the PC netplwiz and a pop up showed saying to enter an Administrator Password and then to press yes but there is no where to put the password plus I don't even have an...
  8. Locked out of local administrator account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked out of local administrator account: Window Version 1803 My Windows 10 local account has been locked out on a stand-alone offline computer. It is the administrator account and the only account on the PC. I cannot get back in as the account lockout duration was set to "0" - permanently locked until administrator...
  9. Locked out of local administrator account

in Windows 10 Support
    Locked out of local administrator account: Window Version 1803 My Windows 10 local account has been locked out on a stand-alone offline computer. It is the administrator account and the only account on the PC. I cannot get back in as the account lockout duration was set to "0" - permanently locked until administrator...
  10. Locked out of Administrator Account login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of Administrator Account login: Hi, I hope someone here can help me. After a Windows 10 update a few months ago I have been unable to log in as administrator on my PC. I have tried dozens of websites, including this one and tried as many "solutions", all to no avail. Every solution or workaround...