Windows 10: Locked out of Administrator Account login

Discus and support Locked out of Administrator Account login in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I hope someone here can help me. After a Windows 10 update a few months ago I have been unable to log in as administrator on my PC. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PandaPhil, Jan 10, 2020.

1. PandaPhil Win User

Locked out of Administrator Account login

Hi,

I hope someone here can help me.

After a Windows 10 update a few months ago I have been unable to log in as administrator on my PC.

I have tried dozens of websites, including this one and tried as many "solutions", all to no avail.

Every solution or workaround involves entering an Administrator Password.

MS Refresh tool will not work...password needed...

Updating Malwarebytes...password required.

everything I have tried either does not work or requires ...you guessed, Administrator Password.

I cannot even wipe the hard drive and do a fresh install because ....Administrator Password is needed.

So basically my PC is now vulnerable because I cannot update or download any security programmes or apps.

I feel that Windows 10 is the worst operating system that I have encountered in 40 years of working with computers!

I need to be able to do any or all of the following;

Be able to reset Administrator Account and or its password.

Delete ALL user accounts and start again as from scratch.

Refresh Windows 10.

Reinstall Windows 10.

or do anything that will allow me to take control of MY PC that I paid for...including the operating system.

ALL OF THIS NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO BE DONE WITHOUT ENTERING AN ADMINISTRATOR PASSWORD..

..because since the offending update I cannot enter an Administrator Password.

Also, I don't understand why MS suddenly started demanding that Admin Password is needed to be able to do some very basic and routine things... like updating standard everyday programmes.

Please help me,

Phil

:)

PandaPhil, Jan 10, 2020

2. Local Administrator account locked by family time restrictions

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties you are facing with the built-in Administrator account and
    we appreciate your effort in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information.

In this scenario we would suggest you to disable and the enable the
    built-in Administrator account using the command prompt from a different administrator user account and check if the issue persist.

Steps to disable and enable the built-in Administrator account.

1. Click on Windows Search/Cortana and type
      CMD, right click on command prompt and select run as admin.
    2. Type Net user administrator /active:no
      and hit enter key to disable the built-in Administrator account
    3. Restart the PC and login to the
      Administrator account and perform step 1.
    4. Type Net user administrator /active:yes
      and hit enter key to enable the built-in Administrator account

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Administrator's Account login issue on Windows 10.

Hi Alistair,

Please answer to a few questions asked below to understand the issue better:

• Are you logging in using Microsoft account on the computer?
    • If a Local administrator account, do you see the misspelled name of the account on login screen?
    • Did you check if Caps Lock or Num Lock was enabled/disabled?
    • What exactly do you want to “amend” (user password or name)?

If haven’t tried, check if you are able to login into the user profile using the reset password on using the
    On-screen keyboard.

Method 1: The On-screen keyboard is located in the
    Ease of access center located at the bottom left corner of the lock screen. It acts as a temporary keyboard in-case your keyboard does not work.

Step 1: Follow the steps below to use on-screen keyboard at the login screen:

• Click on the Ease of access icon located on the bottom right corner of the screen.
    • Select on-screen keyboard option and type the password.
    • After typing, click on the icon located next to the password entry box and check if you have typed the correct password.
    • Press Enter and check if you are able to login into the user profile.

Step 2: After logging in, update the
    keyboard drivers manually from Device manager and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager from the context menu.
    • Expand Keyboards, right click on the keyboard driver and select
      Update this software from the context menu to update keyboard drivers.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices, right click on the mouse driver and select
      Update this software from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • After the update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If you are facing the above issue on a Microsoft account, I suggest you to
    Reset Microsoft account password and check if you are able to login using the reset password.

Refer to Forgotten password and other sign-in problems and check if it helps.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of administrator account issue experienced on the computer in the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Locked out of Administrator Account login

Upgrade to Windows 10 removed administrator account named "Administrator"

Hi Lonna,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) Currently are on Windows 7 or Windows 10?

2) If you are on Windows 7, are you able to see the "Administrator" account in the PC?

If you are on Windows 10, try to follow the below steps and check.

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2:
    Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

Locked out of Administrator Account login

1. Locked out of Administrator Account login - Similar Threads - Locked Administrator Account

2. Locked out of local administrator's account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of local administrator's account: I'm currently logged out of my local administrator account and I don't know the password to it. It seems there is no way to reset it from a non-administrator account and I don't have a password reset disk. I need to be able to have administrator access for work but can't make...
  3. Locked out of local administrator's account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of local administrator's account: I'm currently logged out of my local administrator account and I don't know the password to it. It seems there is no way to reset it from a non-administrator account and I don't have a password reset disk. I need to be able to have administrator access for work but can't make...
  4. Locked out of administrative account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of administrative account: Hi,I signed into our new workstation using my work/school account. After that I made a local account without using an email address, just a username and password and changed its type to administrative while changing my work/school account type to standard. After restarting...
  5. Locked out of administrative account

Locked out of administrative account: Hi,I signed into our new workstation using my work/school account. After that I made a local account without using an email address, just a username and password and changed its type to administrative while changing my work/school account type to standard. After restarting...
  6. Locked out of Administrator Account as the Administrator option does not appear on Login...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Administrator Account as the Administrator option does not appear on Login...: I know the password of my Windows 10 Administator account but can not login into it because its hidden and i don't have another Login with Administrator Privileges and at Login Screen Administrator Account does not show ?...
  7. Locked out of Administrator Account as the Administrator option does not appear on Login...

Locked out of Administrator Account as the Administrator option does not appear on Login...: I know the password of my Windows 10 Administator account but can not login into it because its hidden and i don't have another Login with Administrator Privileges and at Login Screen Administrator Account does not show ?...
  8. Locked out of Administrator Account as the Administrator option does not appear on Login...

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Administrator Account Locked Out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Administrator Account Locked Out: I recently got back on my PC after a 1 week vacation and I wanted to check the accounts logged in to the PC netplwiz and a pop up showed saying to enter an Administrator Password and then to press yes but there is no where to put the password plus I don't even have an...
  10. Administrator Account Locked Out

Administrator Account Locked Out: I recently got back on my PC after a 1 week vacation and I wanted to check the accounts logged in to the PC netplwiz and a pop up showed saying to enter an Administrator Password and then to press yes but there is no where to put the password plus I don't even have an...