Windows 10: locked out of advanced sound settings ??

Discus and support locked out of advanced sound settings ?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So i got all new drivers for my audio and video and despite this I'm still locked out, HP support said its a windows issues as there drivers for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tonyb, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Tonyb Win User

locked out of advanced sound settings ??

So i got all new drivers for my audio and video and despite this I'm still locked out, HP support said its a windows issues as there drivers for Realtek fully support this function to 24 bit sample rate, i have turned off spatial sounds thinking this may be the issue, but nope its still locked out, Someone tell me how to fix this, i even reinstalled windows today thinking that was it nope. so what's going on and why is this locked out. i have even tried removing all the check boxes in there nothing it's still greyed out.

locked out of advanced sound settings ?? [​IMG]

:)

Tonyb, Jul 15, 2020

2. Cannot see all Advanced Sound Settings - Windows 10

Hi Steve,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to suggest you to follow the steps below to add sound schemes to the list:

• Open Advanced Sound Settings.
    • Select any event option under “Program Events” and click on “Browse”.
    • Select the sound scheme from the saved path and click on “Open”.
    • Click on “Save As” and provide a name for the scheme and click on “OK”.
    • Click on “Apply” and then “OK” to save the changes.
    After adding the sound schemes to the list, select the required sound scheme and click on “OK”.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 15, 2020
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue locked out of advanced sound settings ?? :p

cadaveca, Jul 15, 2020
  4. locked out of advanced sound settings ??

Sound card amplification settings

Yeah unfortunately ASUS and Realtek are not stepping up and fixing this it seems. Wherever I see such problems mentioned on forums some users are suggesting just uninstalling the Realtek driver and using the Windows audio driver.

Frag Maniac, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

locked out of advanced sound settings ??

1. locked out of advanced sound settings ?? - Similar Threads - locked advanced sound

2. Advanced Sound Settings not working correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced Sound Settings not working correctly: I set my sound main output to my desktop speakers as a default, then in advanced sound options I set my game, chrome etc.. to my headset. When I shut the game down and restart it goes to my desktop speakers totally ignoring my the setting to my headset. To fix this issue I...
  3. Advanced system sound settings

Advanced system sound settings: Are there any ways to configure the Open/Close Program Sound further, into foreground/background programs only/both? I would like the sound to be played whenever I run/close a Program, but not every time a Background Process starts/ends. It causes nuisance more annoying than...
  4. Windows 10 advanced sound settings.

Windows 10 advanced sound settings.: Under Advanced sound options, separate volume controls are listed for some apps. For example, I see Firefox and Thunderbird. But why not iTunes, or Chrome, or Edge, or Spotify and similar apps? I discovered this when I was diagnosing why Firefox audio would come out of my USB...
  5. Sound settings locking balance levels?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound settings locking balance levels?: Hello all! My bluetooth headphones (UA JBL go true wireless flash, if it matters) are having some balancing issues, and typically I can fix this by changing the left/right sound balance. But when I go to the balance section in the settings, even in the advanced settings tab,...
  6. Sound settings locking balance levels?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound settings locking balance levels?: Hello all! My bluetooth headphones (UA JBL go true wireless flash, if it matters) are having some balancing issues, and typically I can fix this by changing the left/right sound balance. But when I go to the balance section in the settings, even in the advanced settings tab,...
  7. advanced settings

advanced settings: Where is advanced settings in the new edge? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-settings/ea830429-b77f-4e91-9bfe-3e0ced9c8d11
  8. Family settings locked out

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family settings locked out: My child is locked out of their account but they aren't signed into Microsoft family so when they send request it says something must have gone wrong and then they are locked out and I'm not sure what to do...
  9. Headphones Advanced Format Settings Greyed Out

Headphones Advanced Format Settings Greyed Out: So I've been trying to turn up the sound quality on my headphones just to see what it's like. What I do is go to the sound control panel and open the properties for my headphones, then I navigate to the "Advanced" tab to change the default format, but once I get there the...
  10. Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Updates - Advanced Settings - Grayed Out: Hi friends, I have an ASUS laptop that had windows 8 home edition. I did the anniversary upgrade to windows 10. Ever since, the windows updates advanced settings is grayed out. Meaning that I cannot set the time when the computer should restart after applying windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. headphoes properties advanced tab default format greyed out windows 10