Windows 10: Locked out of an account I never use

Discus and support Locked out of an account I never use in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi,I am trying to access an account with live.com that I had created 4 years ago. I tried entering the password too many times and I was locked out of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by andysark, May 9, 2022.

1. andysark Win User

Locked out of an account I never use

Hi,I am trying to access an account with live.com that I had created 4 years ago. I tried entering the password too many times and I was locked out of this account. Now I never used this account and had created one only because Microsoft forced me to do this when I wanted to use Windows on my new computer. I never used this account, so I am not able to "prove" my identity to the automated verification system that you guys use to deal with such issues. So I am not able to recover my account and I need that to retrieve my bitlocker key without which I am not able to access my computer after a r

:)

andysark, May 9, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, May 9, 2022
  3. Locked Out of Admin Account

Hello Linda,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    2. Which version of Windows 10 you are using currently?
    3. Is the other user account an admin account?

I suggest you to try using the on screen keyboard at the login page and check if you are able to login to the PC.

1. At the login screen click on the
      ease of access icon at the bottom right hand corner.
    2. Click on the on screen keyboard to open it.
    3. Type the password and try to login.

If you are using a Microsoft account, I suggest you to refer the article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

However, if you are using a local account, then I suggest you to refer the article on

reset your Windows 10 local account password

Note: While performing these steps, there might be a risk of data loss. You may take a backup of the data before performing the steps.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 9, 2022
  4. Locked out of an account I never use

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 9, 2022
Thema:

Locked out of an account I never use

1. Locked out of an account I never use - Similar Threads - Locked account never

2. Account locked out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Account locked out: Hello can’t login to my personal account because it’s locked out to many failed attempts I’m trying to reset password but it won’t allow me to login to change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-locked-out/cc03268d-5b64-438b-a2ec-20630350826e
  3. Locked out of account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of account?: I am locked out of my account on both Windows 10 and MSN Explorer due to me or my computer losing/forgetting my password. I can still access Windows 10 mail through the icon on the taskbar.I have been through the exercise of requesting a password reset code sent to my phone...
  4. Locked out of account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of account?: I am locked out of my account on both Windows 10 and MSN Explorer due to me or my computer losing/forgetting my password. I can still access Windows 10 mail through the icon on the taskbar.I have been through the exercise of requesting a password reset code sent to my phone...
  5. locked out of account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    locked out of account: When trying to reset my password or pin, I am locked out before I finish entering the requested information once. It does not send me a verification code via email. But does send a verification code via text message. When I call the 800 642 7676 it identifies the caller as...
  6. Locked out of account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of account: I was locked out of my microsoft account for "violating the terms of service".I looked through they're reasons why you can be locked out, and I hadn't done anything related to sending malware, phishing, or messing with Microsoft.I did however several times redeem Robux for...
  7. Locked out of an account I never use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of an account I never use: Hi,I am trying to access an account with live.com that I had created 4 years ago. I tried entering the password too many times and I was locked out of this account. Now I never used this account and had created one only because Microsoft forced me to do this when I wanted to...
  8. Locked out of an account I never use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of an account I never use: Hi,I am trying to access an account with live.com that I had created 4 years ago. I tried entering the password too many times and I was locked out of this account. Now I never used this account and had created one only because Microsoft forced me to do this when I wanted to...
  9. My sons Microsoft account is locked out even though he has never used it

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My sons Microsoft account is locked out even though he has never used it: I bought my son a new PC for Christmas. Last week, I set it up and registered a new Microsoft account for him. The account is one of my Microsoft family accounts which is managed by me. Apart from the day last week when I set up the PC, the account has not been used and the...
  10. locked out of win10 using MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    locked out of win10 using MS account: hi all i have recently upgraded from Win8.1 to Win 10 and I used the MS account to login but now it does not let me login anymore, i did a pw reset for my MS account already and can login to my MS account from any device but the message showing when I use my MS account pw...