Windows 10: Locked out of app after moving it.

Discus and support Locked out of app after moving it. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; First of all I would like to thank community members for their questions and replies to all, in response to my needs, and to this online community for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Bones1215, Aug 22, 2019.

1. Bones1215 Win User

Locked out of app after moving it.

First of all I would like to thank community members for their questions and replies to all, in response to my needs, and to this online community for the needs of the many.

I bought a game from the Microsoft store. I moved the video game to a folder to gain access to it; and because I am the single owner of the game, to have the game running from its own space. It resides on the drive (which is) accessed from the account that purchased it. I cannot open the game and receive an error when I try to add permissions to access files in that folder, therefore I cannot play that game.

the error, if I am not reading it wrong, is that there are no security protocols for that folder therefore it can't loosen permissions via the security tab to allow me in.

Not bad, Microsoft,

But does anyone know how to change my drive, (a virtual drive) to allow me to run this game, for better performance, from the virtual drive?

John

:)

Bones1215, Aug 22, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Locked out of app after moving it. :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 22, 2019
  3. shobhitk Win User
    None of the Apps showing up on Lock Screen!

Nope that did not help. I guess the steps mentioned there are primarily for the issue of the Lockscreen Apps not being shown as an option in the Settings>Personalization>Lock screen settings page.

My issue is that even though i select those apps from the settings menu but they dont show any status on the Lockscreen.

shobhitk, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Locked out of app after moving it.

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Locked out of app after moving it.

1. Locked out of app after moving it. - Similar Threads - Locked app moving

2. Locked out after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out after reset: I have reset my HP probook G1 and when I have tried to log in to the laptop but it seems that the profile that my computer is trying to log me into has been deleted and I can no longer log in...
  3. Locked out after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out after reset: I have reset my HP probook G1 and when I have tried to log in to the laptop but it seems that the profile that my computer is trying to log me into has been deleted and I can no longer log in...
  4. Locked out after reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Locked out after reset

Locked out after reset: So, I have had to reset my PC after someone else had access to it. I chose a cloud reinstall of windows 11.It now says 'your pin is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin again.When I click on the link, I get the...
  6. Locked out after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out after reset: So, I have had to reset my PC after someone else had access to it. I chose a cloud reinstall of windows 11.It now says 'your pin is no longer available due to a change in the security settings on this device. Click to set up your pin again.When I click on the link, I get the...
  7. Locked out after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out after update: My laptop ran the update last night and since then, I've been locked out. When I next switched it on, at the login there was a dialogue box asking me to sign in to my Microsoft Account rather than just my usual security password. Then another box asking me to set a pass key;...
  8. "move" is greyed out for Netflix app

"move" is greyed out for Netflix app: I'm asking this again. I see a thread from over a year ago with the same question but the windows 10 user said the solutions offered didn't work and the thread was locked. Is this what passes for help these days? No answer and just lock the thread? So I'm asking it again....
  9. Locked out of some Windows apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked out of some Windows apps.: Until yesterday, I was able to use Windows apps; e.g., defragmenter and maintenance, without having to use a password. But as of yesterday, I needed to enter a password to activate those apps. I had forgotten my windows password, so I changed the password, but, using it, I...
  10. Unable to move Netflix app in apps and features, move button is greyed out.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to move Netflix app in apps and features, move button is greyed out.: I'm trying to move the Windows app Netflix to my second hard drive because the app doesn't have a download location drop down. How do I do it, and why is it grayed out? (Same deal with modification) ***Modified Title from: The “move” buttons in apps and features is...