Windows 10: Locked out of ASUS laptop; will not accept my local password

Discus and support Locked out of ASUS laptop; will not accept my local password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; After installing new BIOS Flash Update on my ASUS laptop, using the ASUS Automatic Updater, my local password is no longer accepted. Getting error... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ASUSLaptop1, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Locked out of ASUS laptop; will not accept my local password

After installing new BIOS Flash Update on my ASUS laptop, using the ASUS Automatic Updater, my local password is no longer accepted. Getting error message "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Choose another sign in option and set up your PIN again..." I click on sign in options, click on the key symbol and enter the local password I have always used on this laptop. Then I get the message "The password is incorrect. Try again"

I don;t remember ever setting up a PIN for this laptop, and I do not have a password reset disc or flash drive, and cannot locate the administrator password. Am I totally out of luck?

I upgraded to Windows 10 on this computer when Microsoft was asking people to do so; it did not come with Windows 10, as I recall.

:)

ASUSLaptop1, Aug 11, 2019

2. laptop locked and won't accept password for windows 10

laptop locked and won't accept password in windows 10

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

larrydoudt, Aug 11, 2019
  3. laptop locked and won't accept password for windows 10

My Acer laptop (Windows 10) had the same problem. After turning it on it would go directly to the Password screen. It remained locked on this screen.

The password field would not accept my keyboard entry. The mouse worked and moved the cursor around the screen okay. The power icons on the bottom right of the Password screen were "grayed out".

Microsoft tech support was helpful but they could not find any way to bypass this locked Password screen. They suggested removing the battery (to reset things) but my laptop does not have removable batteries. So Microsoft was stuck and suggested talking
    to Acer support which I did...

The SOLUTION was:

1) Find a very small "pin hole" on the underside of the laptop next to the product sticker info plate.

2) Turn the laptop ON

3) Insert a pin into the pin hole and push gently and briefly.

This evidently produces a "reset" and it actually worked perfectly...WOW!

The usual screen opened up and I could type in my password a-okay.

No data file (documents or pictures) were lost. I hope this helps and works for others. Captn Ron (sailor geek not a computer geek)

CaptnRon123, Aug 11, 2019
  4. Locked out of ASUS laptop; will not accept my local password

stolen laptop has a local admin and they have the password will it still lock

Hello Lisa,

I highly recommend updating your Microsoft account password right away. The moment that your laptop connects to the Internet, it will prompt to verify the password again once you've changed it. You can refer to these support articles for the steps on how
    to update your password:

If the local user account has administrative permission, it will have the capability to modify and even delete local files. You still have the option to restore deleted files or folders if it's synced with OneDrive. You can check this

article
    for more information.

For more information about locking your Windows device, kindly refer to this
    support article

Let me know if you have other questions.

Devlin Sco, Aug 11, 2019
Thema:

Locked out of ASUS laptop; will not accept my local password

1. Locked out of ASUS laptop; will not accept my local password - Similar Threads - Locked ASUS laptop

2. Windows won't accept letters in PIN - locked out of local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows won't accept letters in PIN - locked out of local account: I recently accidentally signed out of my local account and into an organisation account, which I have now removed. However, I have been unable to log back into my local account because the original pin contained capital letters and a symbol. Whenever I type a letter or...
  3. Windows won't accept letters in PIN - locked out of local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't accept letters in PIN - locked out of local account: I recently accidentally signed out of my local account and into an organisation account, which I have now removed. However, I have been unable to log back into my local account because the original pin contained capital letters and a symbol. Whenever I type a letter or...
  4. Windows won't accept letters in PIN - locked out of local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.: Good afternoon. For 2 days I have tried everything the internet and YouTube has to offer to get into my W10 computer without success.For some reason my password is not being accepted. The pin neither - just the message "something has happened and pin is not available". Then...
  6. W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.: Good afternoon. For 2 days I have tried everything the internet and YouTube has to offer to get into my W10 computer without success.For some reason my password is not being accepted. The pin neither - just the message "something has happened and pin is not available". Then...
  7. W10 locked out. Not accepting pin or password.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Password not accepted - Locked Out!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Password not accepted - Locked Out!: Toshiba Satellite L50 C has been running at very high disk usage, so decided to try a reduced start via "msconfig" selecting "Diagnostic Startup". After restart, entered correct password numerous times but it was not accepted. Tried "Forgotten Password" but that didn't take...
  9. locked out of local password on laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    locked out of local password on laptop: i need a password reset **** for my laptop. Windows 10. Where can i possibly find one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-local-password-on-laptop/fb9528f3-8926-4351-8d1f-6f403d909655"
  10. My ASUS laptop won’t accept Windows10 master password / Locked out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My ASUS laptop won’t accept Windows10 master password / Locked out: Master password on my ASUS laptop, i have a 4 digit password to access my computer for a few years now. Today every time i sign in , it says. User name or password incorrect. The only option is . It says OK .when I click on OK it just goes back to the signin box and on and on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. asus 501a wont accept my password

2. is there a hole on the underside for asus window 8 laptop

3. asus laptop will not accept password

4. ausu laptop not accepting my password,
  5. my asus tabletwill not except my password,
  6. asus laptop not accepting password,
  7. Ransom ware 2019 locked out of windows computer wont accept pen