Windows 10: Locked out of bios need to reinstall Windows 10 help

Discus and support Locked out of bios need to reinstall Windows 10 help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello: So I have a lenova yoga 1.... well let me back up a bit.... I have had this computer for about 4 years ago. When I first got it I had some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Learo2000GT, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Locked out of bios need to reinstall Windows 10 help

Hello:
    So I have a lenova yoga 1.... well let me back up a bit.... I have had this computer for about 4 years ago. When I first got it I had some provlems with booze and benzos. So my memory is a bit shot from those days. Since went through the hell of getting off benzos and back on my feet. At some point in my year of intoxication I changed my bios password and set my bios to only boot from the hard drive. No way around the bios with lonova computers short of a new hard drive. Its been sitting on a shelf for a few years but thought I would take another stabe at it. My thought was to remove the HD from the computer and somehow install windows on it up until the point it starts gathering information from the computer. Being at this point the hd would be in a case in a different computer. Then take the hard drive and put it back in the yoga and finish the install. Will this work or is there an easier way? I would like to install win 10 and the comuter and win 7 on it but at this point getting anything on it would be good to go for me. Or should I just get a new mother board and get on with it. Thanks in advance

Doug

:)

Learo2000GT, Oct 21, 2016

2. Locked out of Windows 10 tablet; need help logging back in

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

I request you to refer the following article:

Forgotten password and other sign-in problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 21, 2016
  3. SD01 Win User
    Locked out of Windows 10 tablet; need help logging back in

Hello,

I have a Windows 10 tablet. The manufacturer is Hexa Electronics. A few months back I created a Microsoft Account as I was prompted to by the tablet. But then I went offline and forgot the password. Now I have a new Microsoft Account password but the trouble
    is my tablet does not connect to WiFi. When I turn it on I am shown the login page. I am told that my tablet is offline so I must enter the old password which I forgot. I try to connect to WiFi but in vain. Please help.

4. Neemobeer Win User

Locked out of bios need to reinstall Windows 10 help

If it's a BIOS password and not a hard drive password, you will need to locate the CMOS battery and remove it to discharge the cap and reset the BIOS. If it is a hard drive password then you will need to replace the drive. These passwords are stored in the hard drive controllers.

Neemobeer, Oct 21, 2016
  5. Bree New Member
    Apparently for a Lenovo only the power on password can be reset that way...
    https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/doc...ht036206#super

So, if you can pick up another motherboard cheaply enough and have the skills to fit it that would seem the best long-term solution.

6. Berton Win User
    Yeah, Lenovo and its forerunner IBM likes to do things differently.

Berton, Oct 21, 2016
  7. Yeah it's the bios password and no way to rest with out new MB. What I was trying to figure out was to take the hard drive out and install windows on it and then reinstall the hard drive but I don't think thisnweill work or at least without my limited knowledge in this matter. My other thought was to partition the hard drive and put windows install on one partition and reboot and install off the install but from what I can see is windows 10 is either an ISO or a USB and I tried to have the USB install media put on the hard drive and it wouldn't work bexouse it wasn't a USB drive. Basically anyway to install windows 7/10 or any version of windows on the hard drive out of the computer and then install the hard drive and have it boot up and finish the windows install or finish it up any way. The computer came with win 7 I think. I have several win 7 lisence It may have come with win 10. Thanks

8. NavyLCDR New Member

I would recommend taking the hard drive out of the computer. Put it in an operating computer and delete all the partitions on it. At the very end of the hard drive create a 5 GB partition, format it as FAT32. Mark the partition as active. Download the Windows 10 ISO file. Mount the ISO file. Copy the files and folders from the mounted ISO file to the FAT32 partition.

Put it back in the Lenovo computer and it should boot into Windows setup. Select the custom install option and select the remaining unallocated space on the hard drive to install Windows to.

MiniTool Partition Wizard Free is an easy program to delete/make/mark active the partitions with:
    Best Free Partition Manager for Windows | MiniTool Partition Free

NavyLCDR, Oct 21, 2016
  9. Bree New Member
    Well, I've seen advice on other threads here that suggests you could get a working Windows 10 onto the hard drive with another PC then put it back into the Lenovo. It should be able to sort itself out...

Moving Current HDD with Win10 to another PC (different motherboard)

Not sure what you'd need to do to sort out the licencing/activation once it's back in the Lenovo though.

edit: Just seen NavyLCDR's suggestion - that looks the better way to do it.

10. NavyLCDR New Member
    The reason I suggest putting the install files on a partition on the hard drive is if the need arises to re-install Windows it will be there (as long as the hard drive does not crash). And the user can update the install files to the latest available simply by downloading the new ISO file and copying over the old files on the install partition.

Doing it this way basically sets up a dual boot situation between the installed and operating Windows 10 and the installation files. The user must be careful, though, to not reformat the FAT32 partition holding the install files because that is where the boot files will end up being. If they do reformat the partition and copy updated install files to it, the dual boot will be lost and they will boot into setup only, but that is a fairly easy fix to add the operating Windows 10 installation back to the boot menu.

NavyLCDR, Oct 21, 2016
  11. Thanks so much. This is a great forum. Just looked at it and it actually came oreinstalled with windows 8. I can't remember if I upgraded with windows 10. This happened a long time ago and it's been collecting dust. I have plenty lisence for all versions of windows except 10, my finally out come would to have windows 10 on it but don't want to pay full version price. Recommendations for what os to use for inital install? I will be damn sure to make a disk image once up and running. Thanks again this is a great forum.

12. Ps I thought about a new MB but the computer is about 3 years old at this point and I really don't want to invest money into it. Probally end up being used by my kids.

Learo2000GT, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Locked out of bios need to reinstall Windows 10 help - Similar Threads - Locked bios need

2. Stuck in bios need help getting out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in bios need help getting out: I was playing a game, then all the suddent my pc crashed and showed a blue screen wit a sad face, now when i try to turn it on i am stuck in bios and cant get out, have been trying for hours now....
  3. Stuck in bios need help getting out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in bios need help getting out: I was playing a game, then all the suddent my pc crashed and showed a blue screen wit a sad face, now when i try to turn it on i am stuck in bios and cant get out, have been trying for hours now....
  4. Locked out windows and no bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out windows and no bios: The bios is just plain white same for when i try to boot into auto repair or uefi settings with key combos. And windows i cant log in as my pin is unavailable. I can't fresh install windows as no bios to select boot drive i tried removing cmos battery which changed nothing...
  5. Locked out windows and no bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out windows and no bios: The bios is just plain white same for when i try to boot into auto repair or uefi settings with key combos. And windows i cant log in as my pin is unavailable. I can't fresh install windows as no bios to select boot drive i tried removing cmos battery which changed nothing...
  6. Locked out of bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of bios: Hello Microsoft! I have somehow been locked out of bios. I cant get into windows either as I have a black screen after powering up. Originally I created a bootable usb repair program to help better assist me with my broken boot sequence. I needed to get back into bios to...
  7. need help reinstalling windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need help reinstalling windows 10: hey guys i was about to reinitialize my windows 10 and the electricity shut down and now it giving me error when i try to reinitialize it again i decided to reinstall windows 10 if i do it will i need another windows 10 key ? what to chose in mediacreation tool UPDATE or...
  8. Corrupted BIOS and locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Corrupted BIOS and locked out: Hi, I have been working at a company as an IT Junior Tech for a few months now and one of my projects was to secure the BIOS of the end-users. This was a project done about two months ago. Now we are working remotely and from time to time one of us has to go in the office....
  9. locked out of windows 10 HELP

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    locked out of windows 10 HELP: I was setting up my new Windows 10 local acct only to find that my keyboard was faulty. I changed keyboard but of course, as a key or a number of keys on the keyboard were faulty the result is having added a working keyboard, I find I can't login to my local account. As I...
  10. Windows 10 reinstall help needed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 reinstall help needed.: Ok guys. I've got a friends computer here. It was so ravaged by a virus I had to format the drive and reinstall. That being said, I downloaded Windows 10 Home from Microsofts site, burnt the ISO to a dvd and installed. I skipped the key part, because I assumed it'd just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 locked out reinstall