Windows 10: locked out of brand new computer

Discus and support locked out of brand new computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; just got a new lenovo , during set up I put in a four digit pin then i changed the display language, did a restart and the startup screen now tells... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by johngoodallUZ, Oct 23, 2018.

1. locked out of brand new computer

just got a new lenovo , during set up I put in a four digit pin

then i changed the display language, did a restart

and the startup screen now tells me it wants my password, not a the pin because it is no longer available due to a security reason

so I try to sign using my hotmail password which it also made me redo and it will not recognize it even though it works to sign in to hotmail

When I try to ask for the pin option it tells me to go into Accounts and change my options of connection

BUT I cant do that because I am locked out

this is a horrible way to start out with a brand new computer

:)

johngoodallUZ, Oct 23, 2018

2. Brand new computer stuck on lock scteen

I bought a brand new computer today at Best Buy in Oceanside. It's an ASUS X541 notebook.

When I turned the computer on, I noticed that it's stuck on the Microsoft lock screen. It's stuck on the "Other user" login screen. I'm given the option of entering a password for either Microsoft or the actual computer.

When I try to login with my Microsoft username or password, it says that my username or password is incorrect. Another person tried their Microsoft username and password with the same results.

How is it possuble that a brand new computer is set to a lock screen?. And when given the option of signing in with a Microsoft account, how is it possible that both Microsoft accounts are being denied access, saying they're both using an incorrect username
    and password?.

Help!

kristag858, Oct 23, 2018
  3. Brand new computer locked out

Hi E.Taylor,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. I will definitely assist you.

It would be grateful if you could provide us few questions answer to understand the issue better and to provide you better assistance.

• When you say ‘’ Setting up windows 10’’ do you refer to upgrading to Windows 10 you did a hard reset?

• How are you trying to upgrade to Windows 10 using Windows update or Windows 10 ISO?

• Which Operating System was installed when you purchased the computer?
    As per you description, since the computer is new the system will be under warranty. So, I suggest you to contact dell support for further assistance.

Hope this information is helpful for you. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 23, 2018
  4. locked out of brand new computer

computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

locked out of brand new computer

1. locked out of brand new computer - Similar Threads - locked brand computer

2. Brand new, unused email LOCKED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand new, unused email LOCKED: I just created a new email address, to use only for specific things. I created it just a few days ago, and by the next day, it was locked "for suspicious activity". I hadn't even finished moving accounts to that email address thankfully. I have been able to change the...
  3. Brand new, unused email LOCKED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brand new, unused email LOCKED: I just created a new email address, to use only for specific things. I created it just a few days ago, and by the next day, it was locked "for suspicious activity". I hadn't even finished moving accounts to that email address thankfully. I have been able to change the...
  4. Brand new, unused email LOCKED

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Bought a brand new computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bought a brand new computer: Well it seems the virus, replicator or whatever intruded my old computer, just took everything over. Couldn't delete suspicious stuff Had Advanced Security Pro installed a week after I got it. It kept making users & made a group policy. But nothing ever caught it! These...
  6. Locked out of new computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of new computer: Microsoft has locked me out of security for 30 days and now says PIN is no longer available due to changes in security settings, then once logging in with email it tells me again I am locked out for 30 days with no option to access my new computer. For some reason it has...
  7. locked out of a brand new computer due to lost password.

locked out of a brand new computer due to lost password.: I purchased a brand new computer for my 82 year old mom when hers crashed. when I entered the micosoft password she had it was incorrect. now micosoft is saying her information does not match what they have on file and they cannot release the account. what is the...
  8. Totally locked out of new computer

Totally locked out of new computer: Hello, I'm at my wits end and would appreciate any help. I bought a new computer a few days ago, and during the sign-up entered my microsoft hotmail email address. I entered my password which is fine and then set a pin son's birthday year. I entered this twice - pretty sure...
  9. Brand new computer Brand New Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Brand new computer Brand New Updates: computer was bought friday by my wife it worked AWESOME!!! did some form of update sunday night while we were sleeping computer has not worked right since it randomly crashes with a new reason each time and this happened after a microsoft update and even the store the...
  10. Brand new out of the box computer. HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Brand new out of the box computer. HDMI port not working: Just unboxed my computer from CyberpowerPC, GTX 720 graphics card, installed/updated all drivers with drivereasy (paid for just now) and I am still having the issue with HDMI port not working. I have tried to plug into a monitor and a TV, neither are working, I have also...