Windows 10: Locked out of computer after creating Microsoft account

Discus and support Locked out of computer after creating Microsoft account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I filled out the form, I don't know why it fails except they said not enough information. The lady helped me fill it out and it asked for the subject... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bobbie, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Bobbie Win User

Locked out of computer after creating Microsoft account

I filled out the form, I don't know why it fails except they said not enough information. The lady helped me fill it out and it asked for the subject of the last few emails I sent and to whom. She told me to N/A, I suppose since I never set up Outlook. They rejected it. Then I did another form listing the emails I sent thru my email account and they also rejected that. I don't know what else to do to prove I am who I am to them. Of course, they are offshore so I can't show them my license or birth certificate!!!!! Thanks again for your help!

Bobbie, Oct 10, 2015

2. Who is off shore? Who is it your talking to and why? I just want to verify it is in fact Microsoft?

alphanumeric, Oct 10, 2015
  3. I Think you are being scammed as all I do if I have forgotten my password is click on it and I get a link to reset it.
    I have an msn.com account.
    I have never in person spoken to anyone from Microsoft.
    Who told you also they were off shore
    Also press fn and PRTSC for screen shot and then post it to paint then save it and post it and we then can try and help you more

hTconeM9user, Oct 10, 2015
  4. Bobbie Win User

Bobbie, Oct 10, 2015
  5. Bobbie Win User
    I am pretty certain it was the help desk. I called the 800 number several times and it was always foreign. At one point they called me back . I was talking to them because nothing I did worked. A lady helped me to fill out one of the forms also so I feel confident I was speaking to Microsoft plus I have several emails from them communicating they were working on the problem. I feel the calls were legit.

Bobbie, Oct 10, 2015
  6. Bobbie Win User
    I am on IPad and took a picture but unable to post. Tried but said "images posted with Safari not usable"

Bobbie, Oct 10, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    Have you tried typing your password with the caps lock on? I did that once not realizing my caps lock was on when I set my password.

Winuser, Oct 10, 2015
  8. Locked out of computer after creating Microsoft account

exactly, we are not talking about the stupid ms email account, it is the stupid admin account in MS Win10. al the account password crap is nonsense,,, if you have a home computer and you don't need passwords stop forcing them on us!!!

that is what is pissing us all off! IMHO

retiredat44, Oct 10, 2015
  9. DustSailor, Oct 10, 2015
  10. You can log in with a local account if you want. Your not forced to use a Microsoft Account. The Store and some Store Apps won't work but its doable. The standard login is to your Microsoft Account, not the main Admin Account. The main admin Account is hidden. If your account is the only one setup it will have admin privileges but it is not the main admin account. Please do not lump us "all" into your one group. I have no problem using passwords on my PC's. My desktop PC is set to autologon with my password and I use a PIN on my laptop. No muss no fuss.

alphanumeric, Oct 10, 2015
  11. Bobbie Win User
    Well I don't know What took place but I tried sending more info to Microsoft and they rejected saying I had tried to many times. Adttempted to log in....now mind you, I had done this at least 30 times, and guess what......windows came up!!!!! Go figure. Problem is if I were to log off I don't know what will happen. So I won't, but if the power surges I guess I'll find out. Meanwhile I am changing my password and praying this won't happen again. I started to cancel my account but I am afraid it will screw things up more. Thanks to all of you for your input. Hope I won't be back on this!!!!!! Enjoy life ��

Bobbie, Oct 10, 2015
  12. Hopefully all sorted once change password in your account it should work ok
    Let us know how you get on

hTconeM9user, Oct 10, 2015
  13. Bobbie Win User

After many many attempts, it just "worked"' I don't know why!!! First thing I did was change my password! Then I used this method to eliminate the sign in screen.

▶ 2:52

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONAKzmS5hbI

In this video tutorial see how to disable Windows 10 login password. ...

Bobbie, Oct 11, 2015
  14. Bobbie Win User
    However, now in the middle of whatever I am doing I am being asked for verification and they send me a security code via phone to put in. I don't know how to get around that. Wonder if I could just cancel my account without screwing things up????

Bobbie, Oct 11, 2015
  15. Ztruker Win User
    Immediately create a new, local administrator level account so you can use that if you run into a similar problem in the future.

Ztruker, Oct 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Locked out of computer after creating Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Locked computer creating

2. Locked out of Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of Microsoft account?: Performed a Windows update and when it finished rebooting, a message showed stating that PIN security had been updated and to use the password that nobody remembers. Then tried the Send Me A Code but the email account never receives it, and here's the twist.The email address...
  3. Locked out of Microsoft Account

Locked out of Microsoft Account: I'm wondering what criminality MS think I'm up to! My office pc was O.K. this morning. My domestic one came up with this rebuff this afternoon.THAT wasn't the worst of it. After going through the Recovery procedures I managed to get a code onto my landline, but it was...
  4. Microsoft account locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account locked out: I am helping my elderly neighbor set up a new laptop.They know their current password and they were logged into their MS account on their old laptop.We tried to log into their new laptop with their MS account but it asked to them verify... unfortunantley the cell number it...
  5. Microsoft account locked out

Microsoft account locked out: I am helping my elderly neighbor set up a new laptop.They know their current password and they were logged into their MS account on their old laptop.We tried to log into their new laptop with their MS account but it asked to them verify... unfortunantley the cell number it...
  6. Locked out of Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Microsoft Account: My wife recently attempted to create a new Microsoft account and somehow messed up the password. We were unable to figure out what she entered and I had to restore her computer from backup so that she could log into it using a local account. We attempted to reset the password...
  7. Locked out of Microsoft Account

Locked out of Microsoft Account: My wife recently attempted to create a new Microsoft account and somehow messed up the password. We were unable to figure out what she entered and I had to restore her computer from backup so that she could log into it using a local account. We attempted to reset the password...
  8. Locked out of my Microsoft account and computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of my Microsoft account and computer: I just bought myself a new computer yesterday, I set it up with my existing microsoft account, but setting up computer they were asking for verification due to suspicious activity on my account. I put in the email I'm registered for, but I don't receive any verification code...
  9. microsoft account locked out

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    microsoft account locked out: My aged father has been hijacked as he has been negligent with his passwords specifically that of his Microsoft account. His PC was playing up recently so we upgraded to Windows 10 was running 8.1 and on restart the Microsoft banner came up and we couldn't log in with his...
  10. locked out microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    locked out microsoft account: when trying to sign in on computer get a message that Microsoft account has been disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/locked-out-microsoft-account/b86dc012-649d-431e-82f6-3a848405b6a5