Windows 10: Locked out of computer after reset, please help!

Discus and support Locked out of computer after reset, please help! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had some issues with my function keys not working so I tried updating drivers, checked for windows updates and I also checked the bios if function... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanielTandrevold, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Locked out of computer after reset, please help!

I had some issues with my function keys not working so I tried updating drivers, checked for windows updates and I also checked the bios if function keys were disabled. But only my f6-f8 didn't work so function keys couldn't be disabled. Anyways I checked multiple threads and I ended up resetting my laptop. Model version: Legion Y520-15IKBN. So I transferred my files to an external ssd before resetting and picked the option to start from an earlier version of windows. When the reset was complete windows started reinstalling, but froze up at 65% I checked a couple threads, and most suggestions were to have a 2nd computer and install windows through a portable usb or cd. As this is my only computer and I don't know anyone that lives nearby none of the suggested options were helpful for me. So I shut down the computer and powered it on after the computer had been stuck at 65% for 5 hours. When I turned it on it continued from 65% and finished, but when I try to log in now it says: Your account has been blocked. Contact Admin. The account name is admin, but I don't get any option to even type in a password. I tried restarting by holding shift and pressing restart to see if I could open CMD or try the repair option, but it says I need the admin password. So right now I can't do anything please help!

:)

DanielTandrevold, Nov 25, 2020
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Nov 25, 2020
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Locked out of computer after reset, please help!

computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Locked out of computer after reset, please help!

1. Locked out of computer after reset, please help! - Similar Threads - Locked computer reset

2. locked out of factory reset computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    locked out of factory reset computer: I did a factory reset on my computer to remove my personal data before giving the laptop away. After the final reboot it asked me for a password for default user. So my account is gone, but there's still a password, even with no account. How do I get in, and how do I...
  3. Locked Out Of Computer

Locked Out Of Computer: I incorrectly entered my pin a twice then the computer crashed restarted, so now it won't let me in. It told me to wait for two hours and leave the computer powered on and I did and it still did not let me log in. Is there anyway for me to log in?...
  4. Help. Locked Out of My Win10 Computer.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help. Locked Out of My Win10 Computer.: I have a win10 computer in the shed that I used to use a lot but haven't used for about 6 months. And now I can't get into it. Can't remember the password. Thought I could but it's wrong. Even my password hint matches what I thought it was but still doesn't work. So I...
  5. Locked out of computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of computer: How do I sign in on airplane mode too windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-computer/bd8dd6f5-3ff5-4634-ab35-61734f43bbfe
  6. Locked out of computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of computer: Hello I booted my pc in safe mode using msconfig and after restating i was prompted with the login screen. The problem aeries in that my password is rejected as incorrect, even after resetting it multiple times, I have essentially locked myself out of my PC and would...
  7. Locked out of computer

Locked out of computer: My office manager changed the password on her computer and cant remember it. I shared my windows 10 with her and she uses her email on that computer. We have tried resetting passwords online from both of our accounts and they dont work. Any suggestions before i pay to fix...
  8. Resetting my computer locked me out

Resetting my computer locked me out: I had a fail update and the error named sihost.exe been popping up so I reset the computer when that happen the Defaultuser0 came in now I'm looked out anyone know the password my computer is a windows hp covert to windows 10 it happen from windows failed update * Moved...
  9. Locked out of computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of computer: Hey im locked out of my new computer. I was experimenting with settings and accidentally changed my account type on group membership to something owner. Im locked out and everytime i try to type in my password it says, “Your password was changed on a different device. You...
  10. Locked out of my computer... HELP!!

Locked out of my computer... HELP!!: So I have always had an SSD installed to my computer... but just didn't know how to configure that as a boot drive. My friend suggested that I do, and I tried. And now my Windows 10 is asking me to use the hotmail.com id/password to log in to my WIndows, but .. it is...