Windows 10: Locked out of Computer

Discus and support Locked out of Computer in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows Hello stopped working on my device and now even if I reset my pin through Microsoft I can’t get into my computer. What do I do?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Erica Lancaster, May 26, 2023.

1. Locked out of Computer

Windows Hello stopped working on my device and now even if I reset my pin through Microsoft I can’t get into my computer. What do I do?

:)

Erica Lancaster, May 26, 2023
  2. pepanee Win User

Random Auto-Locking of Computer Screen

Nobody suggested checking out Event Viewer?

When your computer randomly locks, search for, and open: Event Viewer

Under Windows Logs, Check out:
    • Application
    • Security, and
    • System

See if you can find something that states anything that could be related to your computer locking. The newest events are listed at the top of each section, so finding an event log would be pretty easy to find. Hopefully we can find what is causing the computer to lock.

pepanee, May 26, 2023
  3. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, May 26, 2023
  4. Locked out of Computer

Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 26, 2023
Thema:

Locked out of Computer

1. Locked out of Computer - Similar Threads - Locked Computer

2. In-Place Upgrade has me locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In-Place Upgrade has me locked out of my computer: For the last two weeks windows 11 has been crashing my apps and causing errors. I did all the steps I could to keep my computer running. All my updates are installed for windows and my laptop hardware, all my drivers are up to date, and I repaired and reinstalled all my apps....
  3. In-Place Upgrade has me locked out of my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In-Place Upgrade has me locked out of my computer: For the last two weeks windows 11 has been crashing my apps and causing errors. I did all the steps I could to keep my computer running. All my updates are installed for windows and my laptop hardware, all my drivers are up to date, and I repaired and reinstalled all my apps....
  4. My computer is locked up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is locked up.: Warning on laptop. Computer locked up and a number provided to call in us.Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-locked-up/e3c37184-2c5c-4777-8c7b-99ceff46e507
  5. My computer is locked up.

My computer is locked up.: Warning on laptop. Computer locked up and a number provided to call in us.Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-locked-up/e3c37184-2c5c-4777-8c7b-99ceff46e507
  6. My computer is locked by the defender

My computer is locked by the defender: I need help to unlock my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-locked-by-the-defender/aa9c7568-1598-4695-b59a-ff8bc61c85c3
  7. My computer is locked by the defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is locked by the defender: I need help to unlock my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-locked-by-the-defender/aa9c7568-1598-4695-b59a-ff8bc61c85c3
  8. Family safety keeps locking my PC even though I am an adult and only user on my computer....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family safety keeps locking my PC even though I am an adult and only user on my computer....: Hello, I just installed microsoft on my pc. Somehow, family safety keeps locking my PC even though I am an adult and only user on my computer. It says 'This device is locked because of your family settings for screen time'. I just want to access my computer for work related...
  9. Family safety keeps locking my PC even though I am an adult and only user on my computer....

Family safety keeps locking my PC even though I am an adult and only user on my computer....: Hello, I just installed microsoft on my pc. Somehow, family safety keeps locking my PC even though I am an adult and only user on my computer. It says 'This device is locked because of your family settings for screen time'. I just want to access my computer for work related...
  10. Family safety keeps locking my PC even though I am an adult and only user on my computer....

in User Accounts and Family Safety