Windows 10: locked out of Dell laptop

Discus and support locked out of Dell laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am locked out of dell laptop. When I start computer, I get a blue rectangular login, but when I put in the password, system won't accept it.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LorrainePuerta, Apr 27, 2020.

1. locked out of Dell laptop

I am locked out of dell laptop. When I start computer, I get a blue rectangular login, but when I put in the password, system won't accept it.

:)

LorrainePuerta, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

locked out of Dell laptop [​IMG]

Josie23, Apr 27, 2020
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

locked out of Dell laptop

HELP! My Laptop has gone into SLOW MOTION!

Should be able to get a "step-by-step here;

Support | Dell Deutschland

Namslas90, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

locked out of Dell laptop

1. locked out of Dell laptop - Similar Threads - locked Dell laptop

2. Can't login into a new Dell laptop. Account locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login into a new Dell laptop. Account locked out: I bought a new Dell laptop for my daughter, she gave a wrong Microsoft account id by mistake.we do not know the password, she was allowed to login without password for a few days and today we are locked out. I am unable to change the user login account....
  3. Can't login into a new Dell laptop. Account locked out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login into a new Dell laptop. Account locked out: I bought a new Dell laptop for my daughter, she gave a wrong Microsoft account id by mistake.we do not know the password, she was allowed to login without password for a few days and today we are locked out. I am unable to change the user login account....
  4. LOCKED OUT of Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LOCKED OUT of Laptop: My father in law no longer has access to an old email address on his laptop. The old addy was his 2 step verification. We filled out the recovery form several times and nothing matches. What are my options? Do I need to reinstall windows from scratch? We are stuck! Please...
  5. LOCKED OUT OF LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LOCKED OUT OF LAPTOP: Hello,My mother doesn’t remember her password to access her laptop and the security questions are incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-laptop/77c5318f-c204-4395-987f-c2c26c3091b6
  6. Locked out of laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked out of laptop: Hello,My laptop updated and is now asking for verification before I can log in. The problem is, the email is wrong so when I click to receive code, i never get the code.I can’t get onto desktop to change any settings Please help?...
  7. Locked out of laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of laptop: I was updating the BIOS on my son's laptop, when it restarted it said "Your pin is no longer available due to a security setting on this device...". So now I cant even get on to reset the pin? How do I get around the login andget on to reset the pin?...
  8. Locked out of Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked out of Laptop: I think my password file has been corrupted. I am locked out of my laptop and there are no task bars to get to start menu. I would like to reinstall windows 10 to fix but can't get past the password screen....
  9. DELL laptop locked out of computer because of bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DELL laptop locked out of computer because of bitlocker: My DELL laptop is in start up repair, and requires a recovery key to get passed the screen. Geek Squad told me that it is locked by bit locker and there's no way to get past it without putting in the recovery key. I've only had the laptop for about a month only and it has...
  10. Dell laptop locks up

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell laptop locks up: I have a Dell E6500 which locks up when left idle for some period of time. This computer was sold new with Vista. When I bought it used it came with Windows 7 Professional. I have since upgraded it to Windows 10 Professional. I have had this problem running both 7...