Windows 10: Locked out of device manager?

Discus and support Locked out of device manager? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi sorry if this has been posted before. But today I seem to be locked out of device manger. I have been using win10 for ages now, and never been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by barnestah, Jan 13, 2017.

1. barnestah Win User

Locked out of device manager?

Hi sorry if this has been posted before. But today I seem to be locked out of device manger. I have been using win10 for ages now, and never been unable to access it. I can get there via cmd and typing (net user administrator /active:yes).
    But never had to do that in the past. No known changers to the computer have been made except possibly an windows update.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

barnestah, Jan 13, 2017

2. Locked out of device

I used the wrong password and now I am locked out of my Windows 10 pc. How can I resolve this?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings]

DawnKidwell1, Jan 13, 2017
  3. Locked out of device

Hi Dawn,

If you're using a Microsoft account to sign into your Windows 10 PC, you may simply
    reset your password in the
    Reset your password page. You can also check
    Yashwanth Kotakuri's post from this
    thread
    on how to reset your password.

However, if you're using a local user account, you may need to reset your PC. Apparently, there's no option to recover local user account password. For more information about local user account password, you may check this
    support article. To prevent unwanted data
    loss, we advise creating a recovery drive using a USB flash drive.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

If you think this was useful, you may “mark it as an answer” to help those who are facing the same problem.

Devlin Sco, Jan 13, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, are you logged in as admin or as a standard user? If the latter, you will probably get a warning that you can view but not make changes.

How are you trying to access the Device Manager other than that command? E.g.
    a. Windows key + X, click Device Manager
    b. Typing Device in Cortana's search box and clicking Device Manager
    c. Launching the control panel and selecting Device Manager
    d. hdwwiz.cpl in a Windows run box

Do you perhaps have a group policy set to disable access to the Device manager?
    How To Disable Device Manager In Windows 10?
    Discussion here:
    Block access to Device Manager

dalchina, Jan 13, 2017
  5. barnestah Win User
    Hi thanks for the response. I've tried A, B &C . I'm logging in as normal and always had administrator rights as it's my own PC. Never had an issue accessing device mangers before. Or any other part of windows for that matter. Seems very strange. Are there differing administration levels of which I didn't know about?

As I say I do have that work around but it's a bit of faff when it should just open without complaint.

I will look at it again tomorrow and try / check your suggestions.

barnestah, Jan 14, 2017
  6. I'd also try creating a new user account with admin rights and try from there. Double check your user account (still?) has admin rights.

Have you also tried other thinks like accessing Task Manager? As could also be a sign of virus infection

ComputerGeek, Jan 14, 2017
  7. barnestah Win User
    Seems ok today after running spybot and malware bytes. malware bytes only found one pup but that seems to have fixed the issue. So happy dayz again.

barnestah, Apr 4, 2018
  8. Perettman0 New Member

In fact, there are many so many ways to reset your local users account password, including free ways and paid softwares.
    like:
    1. the reset disc before you forgetting password.
    2. command prompt
    3. other admin account
    4. from safe mode
    5. ntpassword, (Free)
    6. ophcrack (donate)
    7. LCP (Free)
    8. iseepassword(paid)
    9. Saverwin (Free)
    and more... You can google it and find more..

Perettman0, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Locked out of device manager? - Similar Threads - Locked device manager

2. Locked out of device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of device: i have gone to log into my laptop using my code however unable to log into my device after using a code. It then reads ‘your credentials could not be verified’ after clicking ‘ok’ It’s suggest I set up my pin again and when I then log into my Microsoft account it send a...
  3. Locked out of device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of device: i have gone to log into my laptop using my code however unable to log into my device after using a code. It then reads ‘your credentials could not be verified’ after clicking ‘ok’ It’s suggest I set up my pin again and when I then log into my Microsoft account it send a...
  4. Locked out of windows device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of windows device: My computer restarted automatically overnight and now I can't use my pin to login, change the pin, or login with my Microsoft password either.It says my password is incorrect yet I can login to that same Microsoft account online just fine on my mobile device.How can I access...
  5. Locked out of windows device

Locked out of windows device: My computer restarted automatically overnight and now I can't use my pin to login, change the pin, or login with my Microsoft password either.It says my password is incorrect yet I can login to that same Microsoft account online just fine on my mobile device.How can I access...
  6. Locked out of windows device

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Power management missing out of device manager

Power management missing out of device manager: Hello!I wanted to disable the 'Allow the computer to let this driver sleep'or what ever its called, and theres no management tab, is there a way I can disable it through command prompt, or a way to enable the power management tab? Thank you!...
  8. Locked out of DEVICE

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of DEVICE: I have been locked out of my pc. I used to punch in PIN CODE, did some installing then now its asking for my passwordmicrosoft accout. I can log in to the webb, no problem, but I cannot log in to my pc. Tried HOLD SHIFT then RESTART button for restarting SAFE MODE. Still...
  9. locked out of device ,manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    locked out of device ,manager: Hello -- I can't access my device manager on my personal computer. Can you help please? The original concern was my computer can't find the camera for teleconferencing. [ATTACH]...
  10. locked out of my device

in Windows 10 Customization
    locked out of my device: i have recently had a new surface pro. i initially set it up with a Microsoft account. Then i created a local user account to manage the device. when i now power up i cant see the local user or the Microsoft account to log on to...