Windows 10: locked out of factory reset computer

Discus and support locked out of factory reset computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I did a factory reset on my computer to remove my personal data before giving the laptop away. After the final reboot it asked me for a password for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by SilviaC, Dec 27, 2020.

1. SilviaC Win User

locked out of factory reset computer

I did a factory reset on my computer to remove my personal data before giving the laptop away. After the final reboot it asked me for a password for default user. So my account is gone, but there's still a password, even with no account. How do I get in, and how do I remove password protection before I give it away?

:)

SilviaC, Dec 27, 2020
  2. traydc Win User

5800 does a factory reset also reset the sim lock

I have a 5800, which has been unlocked by the provider (Tmobile) so I can use an 02 sim.

The phone currently has the expired certificate problem, and as suggested in the forums a factory reset may fix this. I know that most of the phones setting will also be reset...

But will a factory reset also reset the sim lock, and lock the phone back to Tmobile ?

traydc, Dec 27, 2020
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Dec 27, 2020
  4. AndreePin Win User

Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

1. locked out of factory reset computer - Similar Threads - locked factory reset

2. Factory reset while locked out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset while locked out: I’m currently attempting to factory reset a computer at work in which a previous employee put a passcode on. I am unable to log in to the computer. I have tried to go through troubleshooting and the option for reset pc is not an option I have. What do I do from here?...
  3. Factory reset while locked out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset while locked out: I’m currently attempting to factory reset a computer at work in which a previous employee put a passcode on. I am unable to log in to the computer. I have tried to go through troubleshooting and the option for reset pc is not an option I have. What do I do from here?...
  4. Factory reset while locked out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. locked out of my pc after factory Reset! & customer service,,,,,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    locked out of my pc after factory Reset! & customer service,,,,,: 8+ HOURS INTO IT NOW, AFTER I RESET MY PC WINDOWS 11 I NOTICED THAT MY BACKGROUND/SCREEN LOCK WAS THE SAME AS IF IT NEVER RESET, SO I WENT TO LOG INTO IT, AND IT SAYS "THE USER PROFILE SERVICE, SERVICE FAILED THE SIGN IN. USER PROFILE CANNOT BE LOADED,IVE TRIED EVERYTHING,...
  6. locked out of my pc after factory Reset! & customer service,,,,,

locked out of my pc after factory Reset! & customer service,,,,,: 8+ HOURS INTO IT NOW, AFTER I RESET MY PC WINDOWS 11 I NOTICED THAT MY BACKGROUND/SCREEN LOCK WAS THE SAME AS IF IT NEVER RESET, SO I WENT TO LOG INTO IT, AND IT SAYS "THE USER PROFILE SERVICE, SERVICE FAILED THE SIGN IN. USER PROFILE CANNOT BE LOADED,IVE TRIED EVERYTHING,...
  7. Computer reset failed and locked me out.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer reset failed and locked me out.: Today I tried to reset my pc to hopefully improve performance. I chose the clean wipe option and it got to 44% and then started to undo changes. When I turned it on and tried to log in my account's profile is gone and when I try to sign in it says "The User Profile Service...
  8. Computer reset failed and locked me out.

Computer reset failed and locked me out.: Today I tried to reset my pc to hopefully improve performance. I chose the clean wipe option and it got to 44% and then started to undo changes. When I turned it on and tried to log in my account's profile is gone and when I try to sign in it says "The User Profile Service...
  9. Computer reset failed and locked me out.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Resetting my computer locked me out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Resetting my computer locked me out: I had a fail update and the error named sihost.exe been popping up so I reset the computer when that happen the Defaultuser0 came in now I'm looked out anyone know the password my computer is a windows hp covert to windows 10 it happen from windows failed update * Moved...