Windows 10: Locked out of file storage PC

Discus and support Locked out of file storage PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After Windows October update version 1809 my main PC was unable to connect with another Windows 10 PC on my home network that is only used as central... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PaulRasmussen3, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Locked out of file storage PC

After Windows October update version 1809 my main PC was unable to connect with another Windows 10 PC on my home network that is only used as central file storage. Three failed login attempts and now I'm locked out of my file storage. The other seven PCs in my home network logon just fine. How do I remedy the lockout of my main PC?

:)

PaulRasmussen3, Apr 28, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 28, 2019
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Apr 28, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Locked out of file storage PC

LA lawyer files suit against Microsoft over Surface storage capacity

Sure, but the example I like to use for this is cars...a trunk has X-number of cubic feet of storage space. If a seat occupies that space, something that is crucial to the operation of the car(while carrying passengers), then the space the seat occupies is not listed. Only open space is. Or, if it's folding seat, they list it, but have to also lsit that there is a caveat there.

You rent a 400 cubic foot storage locker, rated for 400 cubic feet of storage, you get 400 cubic feet of OPEN space.

You buy a PC with a 500GB HDD, you get far less than that for storage space.

See, PC's aren't listed as having "STORAGE SPACE", they are listed as having such and such space on their HDD, or SSD.

That is how MS screwed up.

cadaveca, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Locked out of file storage PC

1. Locked out of file storage PC - Similar Threads - Locked file storage

2. PC locked out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC locked out: I accidentally changed a default setting on my PC and now I can not get any of the pins I have used in the past to work. I failed to change the recovery phone number associated with my Microsoft account until today and no longer have access to the number originally used. I...
  3. Locked out of PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of PC: I remoted into my brother's PC using "Remote Desktop Connection" while helping him and he logged and I connected to the PC again over and over.When he was trying to log in to his PC after I helped him with drivers he got a message saying "This option is disabled due to failed...
  4. Locked out of PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of PC: I remoted into my brother's PC using "Remote Desktop Connection" while helping him and he logged and I connected to the PC again over and over.When he was trying to log in to his PC after I helped him with drivers he got a message saying "This option is disabled due to failed...
  5. Locked out of PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Locked out of PC: I forgot the password to my desktop computer and can get in to it. I don't have a reboot media or disk. Is there another way to fox this situation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-pc/64c20fe3-7d7d-4c55-8eec-7d7cd3bc6bc5
  6. locked out of pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    locked out of pc: To start off this is an older pc that had not been used in 2-4 years. I had recently refreshed it and reinstalled windows while keeping files because my mother wanted all her photos on it, it now functions but the Microsoft account that was being used no longer exists. trying...
  7. Locked out of PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of PC: So, for the past 12 or so hours, my laptop has been acting strange. I woke up at 2am to the fans on my GTX 1650 running extremely fast for seemingly no reason. I open it, and it doesn't turn on. I unplug everything and let it cool, and it turns on but... I can't sign in with...
  8. Locked out of PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of PC: Hello, I recently tried re-installing drivers on my PC because it was underperforming, to make a long story short, I usually sign into my PC with a 4 digit pin, and now it is asking for a password which I dont know, so far I have tried resetting my microsoft account password,...
  9. Locked out of PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of PC: I had purchased a new laptop, as well as Office 365 and updated the new device, yet when I went to sign in on my home desktop, it does not allow me to log into it. I tried the new PIN Which I use to sign onto my laptop as well as the the updated passwords, and nothing works....
  10. Locked out pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out pc: Hi, I got a warning in my notification that windows has picked up a trojan horse and had to scan now, anyway cut a long story short my problem is they have changed my log in windows password and can't log into my pc. Any ideas or do I have to do a full rebuild. Thanks...