Windows 10: Locked out of Gmail

Discus and support Locked out of Gmail in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've had several gmail accounts for quite a few years, one - my junk account - is accessed via a browser, the others via Thunderbird on a different pc.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by badcrc, Jul 27, 2019.

1. badcrc Win User

Locked out of Gmail

I've had several gmail accounts for quite a few years, one - my junk account - is accessed via a browser, the others via Thunderbird on a different pc. I can't remember what names were used (probably joke names), when they were started or any other details. This was before (what I believe is the latest system) they started asking for a mobile number for verification. In fact, I don't even own a mobile phone.

Recently I tried - and failed - to use the junk account and got an error message about different device. I'm guessing this is because of a recent mobo swap and Gmail reads the Mac address or mobo serial or whatever. I couldn't answer any security questions eg account start date or provide a mobile number to get a text code, so I'm locked out of that account. I had a passcode sent to a different Gmail, but Google said 'we still don't know it's you'.

I can live without that junk account, but I'm getting worried about the others that I access via Thunderbird on a different pc. Those Gmails are very important ie bank, Amazon, EBay, utility companies, computer stores etc. What happens to those accounts if the mobo fails ? Is it safe to log on to one of those accounts via a browser or even on a different device ?

Thunderbird just sends and receives mail - ideally I'd like to actually log in to the Gmail accounts and double check user names, details, recovery email etc in case I get locked out of those accounts, but I'm concerned that logging on in a different manner might get me blocked.

What's the best way to ensure I don't lose access to my Thunderbird Gmails ? AFAIK I can't even create a new account without a mobile phone number.

Apologies for long post.

:)

badcrc, Jul 27, 2019
  2. Munki Win User

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jul 27, 2019
  3. FrankS Win User
    gmail problem

Hi
    I have several gmail accounts and can sign into Chrome with each except for one.
    When I attempt to sign in with the problem account it tells me that the password is incorrect.
    Using Gmail's account recovery & 2 factor authentication gmail sends a verification code to my phone (which I receive).
    The next step is to enter the verification code into account recovery which it accepts.
    It then states that it will send a code to my recovery email address.
    However, I don't receive the email.
    I've attempted using a different recovery email address with no luck.
    Now the email account is working since it receives (& sends) emails daily (vial Mailbird).
    It's just not possible to sign into Chrome with it.
    Any suggestions?

FrankS, Jul 27, 2019
  4. FrankS Win User

Locked out of Gmail

gmail problem

Thanks. Yup, I tried those. I never use the browser to save passwords - use Lastpass. It only has the incorrect password listed.
    According to gmail the password was changed 7 months ago.
    What is frustrating is that although I use two factor authentification & although the phone number is correct (I receive a text with the code) & the recovery email address is valid, gmail does not send me the reset email. I checked the spam list etc but no joy.
    As I say, the email is working - I receive mail to it & can send from it. It's working on both Desktop PC & tablet.
    Hey Ho, I'll just have to work round it, remove any accounts associated with it & eventually get rid.
    Thanks for your suggestions.

FrankS, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

Locked out of Gmail

1. Locked out of Gmail - Similar Threads - Locked Gmail

2. screetime locked!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screetime locked!: Hi, I have just bought a new laptop. I have set it up with my microsoft account but now I can't log in because apparantly I have no screentime anymore. I am an adult, during lockdown my kids had screentime limits but we haven't used this for years. I can't find how I can...
  3. screetime locked!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screetime locked!: Hi, I have just bought a new laptop. I have set it up with my microsoft account but now I can't log in because apparantly I have no screentime anymore. I am an adult, during lockdown my kids had screentime limits but we haven't used this for years. I can't find how I can...
  4. i recovered my gmail account but some microsoft services still say it is locked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i recovered my gmail account but some microsoft services still say it is locked.: I went went through the recovery process, submitted it, then I received an email saying my account recovered successfully. Despite this, I am still unable to sign into the microsoft store or the micrsoft website, even though I'm able to sign into the xbox gamepass app....
  5. i recovered my gmail account but some microsoft services still say it is locked.

i recovered my gmail account but some microsoft services still say it is locked.: I went went through the recovery process, submitted it, then I received an email saying my account recovered successfully. Despite this, I am still unable to sign into the microsoft store or the micrsoft website, even though I'm able to sign into the xbox gamepass app....
  6. I login Gmail and receive the noti "Your account has been locked. Contact your support...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I login Gmail and receive the noti "Your account has been locked. Contact your support...: I login Gmail and receive the noti "Your account has been locked. Contact your support person to unlock it, then try again.". I still can login with my smartphone but cannot longin by computer. How can I fix this?I wonder why my account is locked too?My email: *** Email...
  7. I login Gmail and receive the noti "Your account has been locked. Contact your support...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I login Gmail and receive the noti "Your account has been locked. Contact your support...: I login Gmail and receive the noti "Your account has been locked. Contact your support person to unlock it, then try again.". I still can login with my smartphone but cannot longin by computer. How can I fix this?I wonder why my account is locked too?My email: *** Email...
  8. I login Gmail and receive the noti "Your account has been locked. Contact your support...

9. Mail Version Version 16005.12624.20368.0: Locking up when clicking Gmail account

Mail Version Version 16005.12624.20368.0: Locking up when clicking Gmail account: Problem: I launch Mail. Upon launch the two sync'd accounts appear Optonline 613 GMail 213 Clicking the Optonline Account - mail syncs back to February 2020 I can open mail I can toggle back and for mail to mail [ATTACH] Clicking the Gmail Account - mail syncs...
  10. gmail. appears to be locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    gmail. appears to be locked: When us windows 10 mail cannot get access to my gmail. Appears to be locked and will not sync https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-appears-to-be-locked/25686c6d-f027-42ad-abb5-97c6ceb99071

Users found this page by searching for:

1. locked out of gmail