Windows 10: Locked out of laptop by forgotten password

Discus and support Locked out of laptop by forgotten password in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I usually use the Pin to log into my laptop. Now its asking for a password that I dont know. Please help Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JLM88, Mar 2, 2020.

1. JLM88 Win User

Locked out of laptop by forgotten password

I usually use the Pin to log into my laptop. Now its asking for a password that I dont know.

Please help

Thanks

:)

JLM88, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Jacee Win User

FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

This is an old thread, but you could try the steps done here: Forgotten Password!!

Jacee, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Bruce SX Win User
    FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

To tell the truth, I must profess ignorance

When all this started I went through the following steps:.
    1) Turn on the laptop picture of a fjord appears.
    2) A left click on the screen causes the user name to appears with the password box under it.
    3) Anything(or nothing) typed into the password box, with a tap to the enter key then brings the command to try again.

See, I can't seem to get anywhere except I somehow(during my efforts to try variations of the password hint) ended up getting a screen that was related(I think) to BIOS.
    That allowed me to go through some settings(administrative?) and choose a password. I chose to do that.
    Aha I thought.
    All that did was give me a log in command box(for which I created a password) .
    So now, instead of the 3 steps above I have to log in to get to the 3 steps above. A step I didn't have to do before.

What I'm trying to say is this(after all my fumbling about): that I still do not know the difference between a local user account or an MS account-linked user account.

All i know, at this point, is that I am stuck at step 3 and really am not sure what to do except maybe have my fiend reach out to ASUS.

I made a mistake in my first post. I do not have the OS disc. I have the ASUS DVD suite. I mistakenly assumed it was an OS disc. I talked to my friend and was told that her laptop came preloaded with Win10.

DVD suite listings
    -Power 2go8
    -E-Green
    -ASUS Firmware Update
    -Quick Install Guide

Thanks for your reply sir. I do appreciate it.

Regards,
    Bruce

Bruce SX, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Locked out of laptop by forgotten password

How can I recover forgotten password for locked computer?

How can I recover a forgotten password for a locked computer? Is there a way to open a locked computer if you have forgotten your computer password?

BarbaraHayes3, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Locked out of laptop by forgotten password

1. Locked out of laptop by forgotten password - Similar Threads - Locked laptop forgotten

2. Password lock out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password lock out: I have a Dell Desktop running Windows 10 I forgot my password so I cant get into my computer. I went online on my Mac and reset my microsoft password. I still cant get it to open. There is nowhere else on the screen on my PC to say reset password. Just go to Microsoft account...
  3. Password lock out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password lock out: I have a Dell Desktop running Windows 10 I forgot my password so I cant get into my computer. I went online on my Mac and reset my microsoft password. I still cant get it to open. There is nowhere else on the screen on my PC to say reset password. Just go to Microsoft account...
  4. Password lock out

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    FORGOTTEN PASSWORD To gain access to Laptop: Hi, I reset a password for my friend. My friend didn't write it down and neither did I. It has been a coup[le of years. Model The password involves the start page. Laptop works fine. It is an Asus, Model X55M1, with Win10 installed. I have the original disc that came with...
  6. Locked out of laptop. No admin or administrator password.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Locked out of laptop. No admin or administrator password.: Hi All I changed the network settings from domain to workgroup on my laptop so I could share a file over a local Wi-Fi network. Unfortunately I thought I had a local account but I didn't. Now I am locked out with only the choice of admin or administrator users and I don't...
  7. Locked out of no laptop due to forgotten password cannot get internet access looks like...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of no laptop due to forgotten password cannot get internet access looks like...: Locked out of hp laptop forgotten password and locked in flight mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-no-laptop-due-to-forgotten-password/71e75156-fa81-4ee0-9379-9eaca80bb42d
  8. locked out of local password on laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    locked out of local password on laptop: i need a password reset **** for my laptop. Windows 10. Where can i possibly find one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-local-password-on-laptop/fb9528f3-8926-4351-8d1f-6f403d909655"
  9. Locked out of Windows 10 and have forgotten my password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked out of Windows 10 and have forgotten my password: Hi everyone, Urgent help needed please Yesterday my system crashed and I had to turn it off and then back on again. But it has been so long since I entered my password, that I have forgotten it. Is there any way of bypassing it so that I can get to User Accounts to...
  10. Forgotten password, locked out of computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Forgotten password, locked out of computer: I recently made a dumb move by attempting to change my picture password without giving any regard to the fact I don't remember what my local text-based password was. It wasn't until I deleted my picture password when realized what I had done and ended up ultimately locking...