Windows 10: Locked out of Laptop following update

Discus and support Locked out of Laptop following update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi ... following an update, I am locked out of laptop. I cant access the desktop at all and simply get a message asking me to change my security pin.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Framouse, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Framouse Win User

Locked out of Laptop following update

Hi ... following an update, I am locked out of laptop. I cant access the desktop at all and simply get a message asking me to change my security pin. My backup number to receive a code to reset is invalid and I have requested a secondary email contact replaces the existing detail. I can log into my MS account using another device however at the security option, i get a message telling me my request is pending. Is there any way to unlock my laptop before 31/3/21. Can i remove the download anywhere from my MS account and gain access to my laptop??

Any help from MS Mods appreciated.

:)

Framouse, Mar 5, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Locked out of Laptop following update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 5, 2021
  3. error following an update

Hi Patricia,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

The error code suggests the issue to be of Windows Updates. I suggest you to
    Run the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      and hit Enter.
    If the issue still persists, then let us know and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Locked out of Laptop following update

Lock screen doesn't respond to keyboard following Nov. update

Hi,

Thank you for getting back with a reply.

This issue that you are facing can be due to your keyboard driver. I would suggest that you check your driver, if it is updated. If not you can visit your manufactures website and download it manually.

You can follow the steps mentioned below to check the details of the drivers.

• Click on “Start” button located on your computer screen.
    • Type “Device Manager”, a window will open and in the navigation pane search for “Keyboard”, then right click to check the detail regarding the driver.
    The next step is to Go to your Laptop/Computer Manufacturer's website > Drivers and Downloads Section > Key in your Model number > Look for latest Windows 10 Drivers for it > Download/install
    them.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Locked out of Laptop following update

1. Locked out of Laptop following update - Similar Threads - Locked Laptop following

2. LOCKED OUT of Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LOCKED OUT of Laptop: My father in law no longer has access to an old email address on his laptop. The old addy was his 2 step verification. We filled out the recovery form several times and nothing matches. What are my options? Do I need to reinstall windows from scratch? We are stuck! Please...
  3. LOCKED OUT OF LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LOCKED OUT OF LAPTOP: Hello,My mother doesn’t remember her password to access her laptop and the security questions are incorrect https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-laptop/77c5318f-c204-4395-987f-c2c26c3091b6
  4. Update locked me out of laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update locked me out of laptop: I did an update 3 days ago on windows 10. I'm now locked out of my computer as Bitlocker has been turned on. I have never turned this on I didn't even know this was a thing till now. This isn't too much of a problem for me and files I don't mind losing them. We have tried...
  5. Update locked me out of laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update locked me out of laptop: I did an update 3 days ago on windows 10. I'm now locked out of my computer as Bitlocker has been turned on. I have never turned this on I didn't even know this was a thing till now. This isn't too much of a problem for me and files I don't mind losing them. We have tried...
  6. Update locked me out of laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Locked out of laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked out of laptop: Hello,My laptop updated and is now asking for verification before I can log in. The problem is, the email is wrong so when I click to receive code, i never get the code.I can’t get onto desktop to change any settings Please help?...
  8. Locked out of laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of laptop: In the past year my father passed away and I've been slaving away to try and access his account as he had old family photos on his laptop, the system is a Acer aspire Nitro 5 and it's running windows 10 home. He told me the password a few times when I would work on it and...
  9. Locked out of laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of laptop: I was updating the BIOS on my son's laptop, when it restarted it said "Your pin is no longer available due to a security setting on this device...". So now I cant even get on to reset the pin? How do I get around the login andget on to reset the pin?...
  10. Locked out of Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked out of Laptop: I think my password file has been corrupted. I am locked out of my laptop and there are no task bars to get to start menu. I would like to reinstall windows 10 to fix but can't get past the password screen....