Windows 10: Locked out of laptop for getting different account pin wrong

Discus and support Locked out of laptop for getting different account pin wrong in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, This is possibly the most frustrating thing ive experienced with the microsoft ecosystem so far. I am using my sisters laptop to do business work... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gerald_DBG, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Locked out of laptop for getting different account pin wrong

Hi,

This is possibly the most frustrating thing ive experienced with the microsoft ecosystem so far. I am using my sisters laptop to do business work on it, so i logged into her Windows account using her pin and start getting my environment set up. I try to install microsoft office suite from my account, when it asks me for email and password. Once i put those in, it asks me for my PIN. I try my PIN that I use to log into my personal laptop, and another pin that could possibly be it, and both dont work.

Eventually i get locked out, and it tells me to reboot the pc. I reboot the pc, log in on my sisters account like normal, then try to add my microsoft account again. This time i log into my personal laptop and DISABLE microsoft Hello pin. I try to add my microsoft account to my sisters laptop and it still asks me for a pin! I disabled it?? So i try again and again and nothing works, i get locked out, it tells me to reboot, and this time when i reboot, an error pops up saying ive gotten the PIN wrong so many times its locked me out of the laptop! But i never got my sister's laptop PIN wrong, only mine which i never set up and also disabled. Now, my sister is unavailable at work, and im stuck at home with no access on her laptop to work with mine is unavailable because i forgot my charger, and especially no microsoft office

What is going on here? How do i get out of this loop, and why cant i add my microsoft account to my sister's laptop?

:)

Gerald_DBG, Dec 22, 2020
  2. loftus49 Win User

Win10/HP Pavillion - PIN "unavailable"

Using Win10 on an HP Pavillion Gaming Laptop

PIN went away. Now when I go into create a PIN I get "Something went wrong. Try again later". The step prior is: Start.>Settings>Accounts>Sign in Options>Windows Hello PIN and it reads "This options is currently unavailable - click to learn more". I
    followed the steps suggested, but they don't work

Suggestions?.

loftus49, Dec 22, 2020
  3. Unable to go into safe mode to change pin

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the error that you are getting after entering the PIN?
    2. Is there any other administrator user account on the laptop?
    3. Are you entering the correct PIN?

If you have signed in with your Microsoft Account, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in
    How to recover your PIN and password from the lock screen and check if this helps.

If you are not able to recover your PIN or password, then the only way to login to your laptop is to do a
    Custom Installation of Windows, in which you will lose all your applications; however, your user data like pictures, videos, documents, etc., will be saved in Windows.old
    folder.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 22, 2020
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Locked out of laptop for getting different account pin wrong

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Locked out of laptop for getting different account pin wrong

1. Locked out of laptop for getting different account pin wrong - Similar Threads - Locked laptop getting

2. Locked out of laptop cannot reset pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of laptop cannot reset pin: I cannot access my computer because I keep receiving you have entered an incorrect pin too many times. I keep getting the challenge phrase. I enter it but no option to login with my user ID and password nor can I reset my pin. I am totally locked out of my laptop. I can...
  3. Locked out of account because PIN is invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of account because PIN is invalid: Using HP laptop with windows 11. Upon setup, I was required to create a pin for my account. About a week ago, the Pin suddenly stopped working. I did not enter the incorrect pin, but the computer says that the pin is incorrect and to restart the computer. I have been through...
  4. Locked out of account because PIN is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of account because PIN is invalid: Using HP laptop with windows 11. Upon setup, I was required to create a pin for my account. About a week ago, the Pin suddenly stopped working. I did not enter the incorrect pin, but the computer says that the pin is incorrect and to restart the computer. I have been through...
  5. Locked out of laptop, can't remember pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of laptop, can't remember pin: When I click for other options and try to sign in using my account password it wants to send me a code through an email I haven't used in years. I am trying to change the backup email to another but it said I have to wait till January the 23rd and I would like to get into my...
  6. Locked out of laptop, can't remember pin

Locked out of laptop, can't remember pin: When I click for other options and try to sign in using my account password it wants to send me a code through an email I haven't used in years. I am trying to change the backup email to another but it said I have to wait till January the 23rd and I would like to get into my...
  7. Locked out of account, email is wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of account, email is wrong: I'm using my partner's laptop which they got from a friend. I was able to log into their account and made myself an account, but I didn't make myself an admin and I can't download anything without putting in their password. We've tried several passwords and none of them...
  8. Locked out of account, email is wrong

Locked out of account, email is wrong: I'm using my partner's laptop which they got from a friend. I was able to log into their account and made myself an account, but I didn't make myself an admin and I can't download anything without putting in their password. We've tried several passwords and none of them...
  9. Locked out of account, email is wrong

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Locked out of Windows 10 after entering the wrong PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of Windows 10 after entering the wrong PIN: My 92 year old Mother who is in another state is having computer problems. It appears she has entered the wrong pin and is locked out. She says she enters the A1B2C3 but it doesnt help. I see info on how to login on a Windows phone but not for a computer. Can you advise...