Windows 10: Locked out of laptop. No admin or administrator password.

Discus and support Locked out of laptop. No admin or administrator password. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All I changed the network settings from domain to workgroup on my laptop so I could share a file over a local Wi-Fi network. Unfortunately I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Milzee999, Oct 1, 2019.

1. Milzee999 Win User

Locked out of laptop. No admin or administrator password.

Hi All

I changed the network settings from domain to workgroup on my laptop so I could share a file over a local Wi-Fi network. Unfortunately I thought I had a local account but I didn't. Now I am locked out with only the choice of admin or administrator users and I don't have the passwords for either. I have tried blank, password, admin and administrator and none work so both passwords have been set and I've no clue what they are. Is there any way to unlock this laptop? I have tried the following already:

1. We don't have local admin or administrator passwords
    2. USB recovery boot fails to load HDD driver
    3. Bitlocker is unlocked from command prompt and drive is fully decrypted
    4. Creating local user from command prompt didn't work
    5. Since changing boot options I can no longer access command prompt without admin or administrator passwords

Thanks

:)

Milzee999, Oct 1, 2019
  2. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Forgot admin password

Hi,

Thank you for posing your response.

As you are in a state were your account is completely inaccessible, I suggest that you try to access in build admin account and check if you are able to access the desktop.

To access the in built administrator account follow the steps below

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in Administrator account:

• As you are stuck min Safe Mode, in the sign-in
      screen, press and hold shift key and click on the
      power icon.
      Here click on Restart and then Restart now.
    • Type: net user administrator /active:yes (To enable Built –in Administrator account give the command Active: No).
    • Then press ENTER.

Step 2: From Built-in Administrator account give Administrator rights to your user account:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Control Panel.
    • Click on User account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Click on your user account.
    • Click on reset the password.
    • Restart the computer and check if you are able to login.

Note: Once done exist the build in admin account by typing the command
    net user administrator /active:no

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Try3 Win User

Forgotten admin password.

Sorry but "Admin account" might be a description. Is your answer to 1 that you are signed in to the built-in account with the username Administrator or do you just mean that you are signed in to an account that has admin status [an account that you have made at some stage]?

The account to select in the list is the one that you want to reset the password to. If that is the one you are signed in to then you'll get that To change your password press Alt+Ctrl+Delete message instead [and the existing password is needed in order to do any change].

You need to be signed in to a different admin user account in order to reset the existing one's password. By the way, you will lose all your saved internet sign-in credentials by resetting it.
    - You could create a new password-protected, admin-level local user account {steps given in a separate post below} then sign in to it so you could then use netplwiz to reset the original one.

Denis

Try3, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Locked out of laptop. No admin or administrator password. - Similar Threads - Locked laptop admin

2. Locked out of Admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out of Admin: I have to use Examplify for school but windows blocks it. In order to allow it to work I need to be able to turn off memory integrity under core isolation but this is blocked for me with the red text "The setting is managed by your administrator". How do I go around this to...
  3. Locked out of Admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out of Admin: I have to use Examplify for school but windows blocks it. In order to allow it to work I need to be able to turn off memory integrity under core isolation but this is blocked for me with the red text "The setting is managed by your administrator". How do I go around this to...
  4. Locked out of admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of admin: I was in the local admin account, then I made another user account which is not admin. I then disabled the admin using the command prompt. Now I'm stuck with a non admin account .Fine. I could not used the prompt as an admin, cant access the control panel. So I use the...
  5. Admin password is not Administrator password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Admin password is not Administrator password: Can’t find much online. basically a machine was given to me for a project and I was made an administrator with ‘full’ control. There are other admin accounts on the computer. I need to boot from an USB and when asked for the admin password I enter it and it says it’s invalid....
  6. Locked out of admin account with no password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Locked out of admin account with no password: I was an idiot and made my extra account with no password the admin account, so now I can do barely anything. My pc locked me out of the account due to having "the wrong password" but I never even set one. I can't do the startup menu hack since my pc has a broken screen and...
  7. Locked out of laptop by forgotten password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of laptop by forgotten password: I usually use the Pin to log into my laptop. Now its asking for a password that I dont know. Please help Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-laptop-by-forgotten-password/b6f4f789-4673-42f5-a9f1-0dc70cda3448
  8. Locked out Administration

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out Administration: Hi I have been locked out of admin priviliges and i dont get the yes button that gives you choice its missing and dont know what to as i cant even find the admin account workig or not i dont know is it suppose to be disable hidden away or enabled i dont know...
  9. Locked out of admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked out of admin: HELP, I locked myself out of my laptop because I turned on safe mode and restarted the pc. I can't log into my admin account since I don't remember my password. Now I am stuck in the guest account in safe mode. I tried to change password in microsoft account but my laptop...
  10. locked out of local password on laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    locked out of local password on laptop: i need a password reset **** for my laptop. Windows 10. Where can i possibly find one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-local-password-on-laptop/fb9528f3-8926-4351-8d1f-6f403d909655"