Windows 10: Locked out of laptop

Discus and support Locked out of laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop password is tied to my microsoft account and I've reset the microsoft password successfully, but still can't access my laptop. Please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdjectLewis, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Locked out of laptop

My laptop password is tied to my microsoft account and I've reset the microsoft password successfully, but still can't access my laptop. Please help.

:)

AdjectLewis, Dec 6, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 6, 2018
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Locked out of laptop

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Locked out of laptop

1. Locked out of laptop - Similar Threads - Locked laptop

2. Locked out of my Windows 10 HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Locked out of my Windows 10 HP Laptop: I know that this will be long, but I am trying to be as thorough and detailed as I can so that someone will be armed with everything that I have already tried to properly assist me with my situation. I had purchased a laptop at the end of last year and gave it to my...
  3. Windows 10 is Locking when my wife uses the laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 is Locking when my wife uses the laptop: When my wife tries to use my windows 10 machine, after a few moments of typing it goes to the lock screen and I have to sign back in. I can stand in front of it and type and do whatever but after I move away and wife starts it locks up again. I checked the sign-in options...
  4. Locked out of Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of Laptop: Recently i was trying to change my administrator account on my laptop but i was kicked out and can't log back in. I tried using a usb flash drive but this pops up "this drive is not a password recovery drive. Now i can't login and i don't know what to do. Do you have any...
  5. Auto-rotate is not working and laptop keyboard does not lock at 180 degrees; setting...

Auto-rotate is not working and laptop keyboard does not lock at 180 degrees; setting...: Okay, so a quick rundown of what I'm having an issue with: until relatively recently, my laptop (Dell Inspiron 15 2-in-1) would lock the keyboard automatically when I pushed the screen past 180 degrees, Windows would ask if I wanted to enable tablet mode, and my screen would...
  6. My laptop keyboard is locked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop keyboard is locked: My keyboard is completely locked up and non-responsive. No function, or other keys work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-keyboard-is-locked/0bd82b2c-381c-4612-9b75-a7fb9ed0881a
  7. Pincode not available due to change in security settings. Laptop locked.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pincode not available due to change in security settings. Laptop locked.: I have a brand new surface laptop. I have logged with my office account and password. The systems requiered a Pin code which I created. After the window update after restart I have the mentioned error (translated from dutch). And "You can change the PIN via settings >...
  8. Locked out of my laptop since 11/22

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of my laptop since 11/22: I woke up on Thanksgiving and opened my laptop and notice it was on 90% on an update. When it finished it rebooted and asked for a password. I have never use a password and only use a pin. Every time i would tey something or restart a green screen appears for up to 10...
  9. locked out of Toshiba laptop with win 10 . I have access to email but keyboard not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    locked out of Toshiba laptop with win 10 . I have access to email but keyboard not working: I need to get access to my older computer. It is a Toshiba laptop that Win Support got involved with and it hasn't worked right since. My keyboard and password are not working. Tried account.live to no avail, I am using this computer which is also mine. Please help I...
  10. When my screen times out my laptop was automatically locked....any solution to prevent...

When my screen times out my laptop was automatically locked....any solution to prevent...: My Screen times out is 1 min. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-my-screen-times-out-my-laptop-was/f3ddb011-e6f2-491f-91b4-c3fb5b0ae244