Windows 10: Locked out of laptop

Discus and support Locked out of laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop password is tied to my microsoft account and I've reset the microsoft password successfully, but still can't access my laptop. Please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdjectLewis, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Locked out of laptop

My laptop password is tied to my microsoft account and I've reset the microsoft password successfully, but still can't access my laptop. Please help.

:)

AdjectLewis, Dec 6, 2018
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 6, 2018
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Locked out of laptop

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Locked out of laptop

1. Locked out of laptop - Similar Threads - Locked laptop

2. windows 10 laptop not able to move from lock screen to sign in screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows 10 laptop not able to move from lock screen to sign in screen: Hey there, I have a HP laptop with Windows 10 and I would like to turn off the lock screen. The lock screen has become a royal pain in the neck, when I turn on the laptop and try to move from the lock screen to the sign in screen, it will either be very slow or not move on...
  3. Locked out of no laptop due to forgotten password cannot get internet access looks like...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out of no laptop due to forgotten password cannot get internet access looks like...: Locked out of hp laptop forgotten password and locked in flight mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-out-of-no-laptop-due-to-forgotten-password/71e75156-fa81-4ee0-9379-9eaca80bb42d
  4. Lock my laptop, Please!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock my laptop, Please!: I am the owner of this laptop and I sign on automatically. The Administrator also has that option. I am also the Administrator and the only person who uses this laptop. Somehow, I set it up to sign on simply by turning my laptop on. It shows my name (not the Admin, which...
  5. Windows Update still locks up or slows down my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update still locks up or slows down my laptop: Every time my Windows 10 laptop freezes up or slows down to a crawl, rendering it unusable, 100% of the time I find it is Windows Update trying to do something in the background. 100% of the time, if and when I can regain control of the computer, if I click Check for Updates,...
  6. Airplane Mode key on Windows 10 laptop locked in ON position.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Airplane Mode key on Windows 10 laptop locked in ON position.: No access to internet with WiFi or Ethernet as Airplane Mode is turned ON and locked (greyed out). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode-key-on-windows-10-laptop-locked-in/e59d24a3-bbdf-4ac9-8c19-a61ea6e6bde6
  7. LOST LAPTOP how to trace and lock it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LOST LAPTOP how to trace and lock it: I lost my laptop yesterday. My account shows me that the "find my device" feature is off. I also tried to lock the laptop but it prompted microsoft can't lock my laptop right now and will notify me as soon as they lock it, etc. My questions are, why it can't be locked? Is it...
  8. Can a stolen laptop in a foreign country be locked or wiped?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can a stolen laptop in a foreign country be locked or wiped?: My laptop was stolen. I kept in on my account using the find my device feature periodically to see if I could "find" it. Someone turned it on but it turned up in Vietnam and yes I changed my Microsoft account password but my pin to login the laptop probably won't keep them...
  9. New HP laptop locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity

in Windows 10 Customization
    New HP laptop locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity: I use a new HP laptop and have a problem which I am unable to solve. It is connected with power settings. I tried to changed them several times but with no avail. My computer locks the screen 1 minute after the inactivity. Hhelp me to sort it out I am in despair...
  10. I have locked my (f6) "mute" key on my laptop keyboard, anyone know what I should do?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have locked my (f6) "mute" key on my laptop keyboard, anyone know what I should do?: How do I make the "mute" button (f6) on my laptop start responding again? It doesn't make the volume come back on when pressed, it dose show the volume in the corner and gives you a chance to change it, but it doesn't matter because it isn't able to record, me trying to ask...