Windows 10: Locked out of laptop

Discus and support Locked out of laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop password is tied to my microsoft account and I've reset the microsoft password successfully, but still can't access my laptop. Please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdjectLewis, Dec 6, 2018 at 6:52 PM.

1. Locked out of laptop

My laptop password is tied to my microsoft account and I've reset the microsoft password successfully, but still can't access my laptop. Please help.

:)

AdjectLewis, Dec 6, 2018 at 6:52 PM
  2. n-ster Win User
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 6, 2018 at 6:55 PM
  4. Locked out of laptop

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

Thema:

Locked out of laptop

1. Locked out of laptop - Similar Threads - Locked laptop

2. Locked out of my laptop since 11/22

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of my laptop since 11/22: I woke up on Thanksgiving and opened my laptop and notice it was on 90% on an update. When it finished it rebooted and asked for a password. I have never use a password and only use a pin. Every time i would tey something or restart a green screen appears for up to 10...
  3. locked out of Toshiba laptop with win 10 . I have access to email but keyboard not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    locked out of Toshiba laptop with win 10 . I have access to email but keyboard not working: I need to get access to my older computer. It is a Toshiba laptop that Win Support got involved with and it hasn't worked right since. My keyboard and password are not working. Tried account.live to no avail, I am using this computer which is also mine. Please help I...
  4. When my screen times out my laptop was automatically locked....any solution to prevent...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When my screen times out my laptop was automatically locked....any solution to prevent...: My Screen times out is 1 min. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-my-screen-times-out-my-laptop-was/f3ddb011-e6f2-491f-91b4-c3fb5b0ae244
  5. When I lock the laptop it stops all the calculations in background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I lock the laptop it stops all the calculations in background: I have a strange problem with my Win 10 Pro and newly purchased Dell Inspiron. When the screen is locked - either manually or auto - all the calculations I have in the background go to sleep mode, i.e. the laptop goes to a semi-sleep mode, just waiting for any mouse or...
  6. My laptop w/ Windows 10 [1803 version] keeps locking upi after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop w/ Windows 10 [1803 version] keeps locking upi after 1 minute: My laptop w/ Windows 10 [1803 version] keeps locking upi after 1 minute. I tried all the usual Power , Lock Screen, Screen Saver settings. It still locks up....
  7. My ASUS laptop won’t accept Windows10 master password / Locked out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My ASUS laptop won’t accept Windows10 master password / Locked out: Master password on my ASUS laptop, i have a 4 digit password to access my computer for a few years now. Today every time i sign in , it says. User name or password incorrect. The only option is . It says OK .when I click on OK it just goes back to the signin box and on and on...
  8. Locked out of services.msc for many of the updaters need a patch to unlock my Laptop!

Locked out of services.msc for many of the updaters need a patch to unlock my Laptop!: Services in Question which the options are all grayed out! Windows Update 'Running' Manual Trigger Update Orchestrator Service for Windows Update 'UsoSvc' 'Running' Manual Trigger Delivery Optimization 'Running' Manual Trigger Lastly Windows Defender Service 'Running'...
  9. Bit Locker external hard drive locks up laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bit Locker external hard drive locks up laptop: I have an external hard drive, which was interrupted during initial encryption. When I plug the hard drive into my laptop, I simply cannot access the hard drive in any way as it simply goes to error after about a minute. Running Windows 7 Enterprise. Help!...
  10. How to unlock a locked CPU for my Laptop

How to unlock a locked CPU for my Laptop: So I have a OMEN Laptop (specs below) and I have been trying to underclock its CPU. It is currently running at around 3.9 GHz and its making the laptop way to hot. I have tried going into the BIOS and found nothing of changing the CPU speed. Please note that I have been in...